Any problems with old Park Hoppers?

Daryl

DIS Veteran
I've got old park hoppers I intend to use on my next trip. They were bought from my local AAA using my VISA. Will I have any trouble using them? Will they make us sign the backs or trade them in for the new Magic Your Way passes?

Thanks-

How old are they? When I took my Mom in May, she used a pass I bought several years ago (2002?). She didn't have to do the finger scan.

OK, same kind of question, but I'm not real clear on how Disney handles these.

We purchased a 4-day Park Hopper for our DD in 2003 but only used one day. (Long story short, on a previous trip she was under 3 and didn't require a ticket while the rest of the family had to buy ours. We had one day left, under the no-expiration thing, so when we were in the area in late 2003 we went for a day but had to purchase one for DD because she didn't have a ticket the previous trip because of her age. I bought a 4-day because even though we were using only 1 day I figured they'll raise the price).

The ticket is a "paper" ticket that we only used 1 day of. How do I make absolutely sure that it's still a good ticket?

I don't want any surprises....................

We just returned and old passes from 2003, they were Park Hoppers. We went through without any problems, they just needed to then be used by the fingerprinted person that used it FIRST. Make sense?

DisneyD said:
OK, same kind of question, but I'm not real clear on how Disney handles these.

We purchased a 4-day Park Hopper for our DD in 2003 but only used one day. (Long story short, on a previous trip she was under 3 and didn't require a ticket while the rest of the family had to buy ours. We had one day left, under the no-expiration thing, so when we were in the area in late 2003 we went for a day but had to purchase one for DD because she didn't have a ticket the previous trip because of her age. I bought a 4-day because even though we were using only 1 day I figured they'll raise the price).

The ticket is a "paper" ticket that we only used 1 day of. How do I make absolutely sure that it's still a good ticket?

I don't want any surprises....................

You can pass the ticket on to the child who is now over 3. The ticket you have are stilll the same type (as in "paper") that you had before, so nothing needs to be done to them. Just put the child's name on the back, so you know it is hers. Child's tickets do not require a finger scan, anyway!

Pre-2005 standard tickets do not expire. You make sure it is a good ticket by keeping track of the dates you used it and making sure the ticket is not visibly mutilated and the printing on the back is not rubbed off. (If the ticket gets soaked on Kali River Rapids or Typhoon Lagoon it can be replaced before you exit the park.)

Use of more than one ticket, at least one of which is a brand new Magic Your Way ticket, during the same 5 to 10 day vacation is not recommended. If you need to buy new tickets it is best if the new tickets span the entire vacation (or more) and use of old tickets deferred until further in the future.

Expiring tickets are recommended for 8 to 10 day vacations.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/dispass.htm

Thank you very much. I feel better about that now!

We're in a sort of quandry about what package to do. Right now we're on a room only with the AAA discount. We priced out the Dining Plan/Tickets/Room and we think we'll come out better without the dining because when we went through the menus of the places we have ADR's, we wouldn't spend as much as the Dining Plan is costing. Plus, with one ticket still having 3 days on it, there's really no need to purchase another ticket for DD, which saves us $170.

I still may end up on that dining plan, though. It would be so nice to not have to worry about how much I've spent, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter