Any problems with FL Tours? They no showed today!*UPDATED IN OP 11/10/08. PLEASE READ

Passporter recommended Tiffany Towncar way back when. Who do they recommend now? Starry Eyed Transportation? LotsaStars Limos? hehehe

Just thought I'd let you all know that I emailed FL Tours today about what happened to us on Friday and requested a partial refund. We'll see what happens and I'll keep you posted.

One thing that I'd also like to pass along ... if you go to FL Tours website you will see an icon indicating that they are a BBB certified business. This is patently untrue because I contacted the Central Florida Better Business Bureau today ... not only do they not recommend FL Tours, they've requested that the BBB certification be removed by the company and those requests have repeatedly been ignored.

Wish I'd known that before I made that last reservation. ;)

WE CANCELLED our Florida Tours reservation for next week, as too many
people left on the curbs. Just could not take a chance on them not showing
up, I would not recommend them to anyone on the dis boards. Just
talking to Jackie and her giving you a new reservation number, doesn't
mean they will show up, not worth all that AGGRAVATION, plus you are
paying them a good price for their service.
Muffin07

I booked FL Tours to pick us up from the port & take us to WDW on Oct 4. I booked a van as there were 7 of us. No one was there so I called & was told they had lost our reservation with computer problems. Jackie organised someone else to pick us up (American Cabs, I think). The van wasn't the nicest & I had to tell the driver what area CBR was in as he wasn't sure.

I had also emailed them several times to get confirmation of our booking. I finally got an email the week before we left home.

I wouldn't use them again.

Oops, sorry.... Jackie is the person I spoke w/ when I confirmed my res a couple of weeks ago. She said she is the new manager.

Actually... Jackie has handed over the reigns to a whole other company. Canaveral Cab & Bus Lines is taking over for FL Tours. I had a reservation with them for December and after reading all of this I got concerned so I emailed them to confirm my reservation and the guy who runs this company called me back. We went over all of my reservation, he told me the history of his company and did say yes... they were processing refunds for people because the owners of FL Tours let the business go haywire. So, this company has stepped in to clean it up. I kept my ressie for now so please let me know if anyone has any problems in the near future!

We have used FL Tours many times in the last 5 years and have never had a problem. Our last time to use them was this past June, without a problem. After reading all these posts I am very concerned and I don't think I will try them again. We will be searching for someone else that we can rely on.

I had booked with them awhile ago, emailed them regarding a ressie change several weeks ago and have not heard back.

I just called to cancel the ressie and the gentleman that answered was unable to locate my reservation (shocking!) and took my name and number down and said someone would call me back.

I'm not too worried-- I believe I didn't leave any CC info with them... so I won't be charged even if they do manage to find my reservation. Thankfully I had another reservation booked with another company.

Wow - so glad I read this thread. I used FL Tours back in August and had no problems whatsoever.

I would have used them again for next summer, but based on what I've read here I will choose someone else.

Thanks for the heads up!!:thumbsup2

Passporter recommended Tiffany Towncar way back when. Who do they recommend now? Starry Eyed Transportation? LotsaStars Limos? hehehe

We've used Tiffany Towncar in the past with great luck. It has been a couple of years since we used them last. But always great service for many years.

I can recommend ****** Transportation. I use them all the time for myself and absolutly LOVE THEM! I have friends who have used them on my recommendation and no one has ever had a problem. You can feel very secure if you choose to go with them

We have used Tiffany in the past.
Switched to try FL Tours.
Used in Feb 2008 with no problems.
In Aug/Sep Repo Cruise they were having some issues at the port and gave us a van but I do not think it was really supposed to be our Private Van. I think the Mgr on site was scrambling. It was a "here take this van" kind of thing. I hope this makes sense. They did not have the sign up for us and we called about 3 times until we found their Mgr with a clip board at the port pick up area.
Maybe it is back to Tiffany or Disney buses.

I would beware!!! I used them in August for transportation from AKL to port and then back to POFQ. I think the only positive thing I could say is that we did get to both places. To start when we got picked up at AKL it was someone they contracted out to picked us up. He came in his own vehicle. I had made it very clear when I booked how many people would be traveling there were 4 adults and 2 children. I had requested a carseat and a booster seat. They did not bring the booster and the car seat was broken only had one buckle on it. There was not enough room for our luggage, and it was not like we had a ton of luggage we had a total of 7 bags for 6 people. We ended up holding luggage and had a stroller across our laps. On the return trip a least our luggage fit but they were 45 minutes late. When I tried to call them they said the driver should be on there was that was all they could tell us. we sat and watched people come and go and we sat. So never again!!!! I used happy limo a very long time ago and was very pleased so next time who ever I use I can promise you it will not be FL tours!!!

We were on the 10/19 Wonder and booked w/ FT for a 3way transfer from airport to WDW to ship to airport. I tried to pay in advance but thier computers were down. We e-mailed several times to reconfirm our resv. because things seemed unorganized on thier end. Our flight ended up being delayed 5 hrs so we called them a # of times to make sure they were aware, which they were not, and we ended up having Jackie herself show up at MCO to drive us. We thought the service was very unprofessional but they got us there so we put up with it.She explained they were in the middle of a big merger with many other companies and they were having a hard time uniting all of this different resv. Whatever. So they were late picking us up for the ship because the "van broke down" and they had to combine 2 bookings so we rode to port with a very nice family, although shared tranportation is not what we payed for things happen right? Another unproffesional driver but we got there. Finally pickup at port. A well dressed,on time gentleman with a proper sign in a nice vehicle picked us up and explained that there was no longer a merger and that FT was on its own again and they were sorry for the inconvenience and feel free to contact them to report all problems.I don't think we will take a chance with them again but maybe this is good news for anyone who has prepaid?

What a shame. For years we've used FLTours and have always been beyond happy with them. We even had a favorite driver!

After reading all of this, I'm sad to say that I'll switch to someone else for our May cruise. :sad2:

Haven't people on the DIS recommended Happy Limo in the past?

We used FL Tours for our EB repo trip on Sept 1 and I would not use them again.

As soon as we docked at the port, I called FL tours to confirm our pick up. They seemed like they were disorganized...so good thing I called to remind them! Disembarkation was delayed so by the time we got off the ship, there was a driver waiting. Then he asked us to wait while he retrieved his car....and left us standing on the curb with our luggage for about 20 minutes! Where the heck did he have to park?!? :eek:

I had paid for a town car, but he pulled up in an old smelly Surburban with not enough working seatbelts for us. Unacceptable! :mad: Then to top it off, the driver proceeded to...yak...yak..yak...at...us...NONSTOP the whole way to MCO.

This guy had the MOST INTRUSIVE manner. He peppered us with all kinds of personal questions. Ugh! Even our children were annoyed because he bugged them to death with his questions and insessant chattering. When my hubby begged off with headache, he still kept it up. How annoying!

He should have PAID US to listen to him for an hour! :scared1:

FL Tours, NEVER again!

I had issues with them last February. They were to pick us up at the Poly and bring us to the ship. The lost our ressie and then sent someone else to get us late. I was not a happy person whatsoever.

I ended up being compped for the trip to and from the port but I'll never use them again.

Could someone please PM me with the name of the aforementioned banned transportation company's name? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter