1. Guest - Welcome to the new DIS Boards! I have created a forum on the tech support board to talk about any issues we are seeing and a thread to discuss new functionality - Alex

Any problems renting dvc pts?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by cavesrus, Jan 15, 2013.

1. cavesrus

cavesrus Member

Using David's or tts anyone have any problems renting pts? Ever?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jp02

jp02 Member

I just returned from a trip where I rented from David's. I had NO issues at all and would definitely recommend him!

4. lsenquiz

lsenquiz Active Member

We have been renting for the last 8 years from individuals and have never had a single problem. We have rented from 5 different individuals during that time.

Having said that I should also say we have never had to change or cancel any of our trips at the last minute.

5. letsgoreds

letsgoreds Active Member

I am about to rent for the first time (booked and paid in full 4 months ago), from an individual...who didn't have a high point count or rent out that often. That being said, she has been wonderful and I have 0 concerns. When we were figuring out how to minimize paypal fees (she is in Canada), I felt badly that she was getting 'hit' with the fees so I even gave her a $50 GC to Amazon to offset some of the fees...not requested or expected, I was just grateful and appreciative.

Go for it, it is no more riskier than renting a condo from vrbo dot com.

6. cavesrus

cavesrus Member

Yea I thought that would be the issue just wanted to double check! Haven't seen the question before I'm sure it has been asked a lot tough.