Any problemd using Disney Gift Cards in Disneyland???

I am considering purchasing Disney Gift Cards for our Disneyland trip next month, using Targets 5% discount. Has anyone had any issues in the parks using them? Anything I should know before buying several hundred dollars in gift cards?? It seems hassle free, but i fear i'm missing something. I know they cannot be used at the vendor carts and such. Has anyone had any issues at sit down restaurants?? Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I just got on here to ask the same question. Thanks for asking. I'm very interested in this. Also is there anywhere to buy coupons for character meals? Thank you!:wave2:

So if you get the debit card...how do you put money on it? And are you able to buy like $1000 of gift cards? We need to get our passes and would like to do this.....since it seems like the logical way to save 5%. Can this be done? If so.....how?

lizdotcom99 said:
So if you get the debit card...how do you put money on it? And are you able to buy like $1000 of gift cards? We need to get our passes and would like to do this.....since it seems like the logical way to save 5%. Can this be done? If so.....how?

For the Target debit card, you don't put money on it. What happens is that it pulls money from your account, just like with your regular debit card. I know that when you first get the Target debit card, you can't just start using it for expensive transactions. You have to work up to higher and higher totals, but I am not sure of the actual numbers. I believe there might be a thread about this on the Budget Board.

I bought a handful of Disney gift cards at Target with my Red Card and got the 5% discount.

We had no problems at all using them in the parks, DTD or hotels.

In fact, our last night at Disney was our dinner at the Napa Rose Chef's Counter. We took all of our unused cards and gave them and my credit card to the server who happily apply them all to our bill with the remainder on the credit card.

No problems at all using them anywhere Disney related.

Humor me...where are gift cards located inside of Target? I use my RED card religiously and didn't realize it could help my Disney trip...woohoo!!! :thumbsup2

We used gift cards on our last trip to pay for most things. It was easier to just have 2 gift cards for charging rather than have numerous charges to our CC with the exchange rate altering each charge depending on the day.

Heymy said:
Humor me...where are gift cards located inside of Target? I use my RED card religiously and didn't realize it could help my Disney trip...woohoo!!! :thumbsup2

I have found them in the front of the store by the checkout lines and in the electronics area where the iTunes gift cards are.

akdllover said:
Everything I've read says it includes them, I will find out for sure tomorrow and let you know. I'll keep my fingers crossed. LOL!

Yep, it includes them. I have the Target debit card and it works for that as well. And I had no problems at all when using the giftcards in the park.

During the month of July target had Disney Gift cards on SALE! a $50.00 card was selling for $47.50. I was able to stack my Red card discount with my RX Rewards discount and I save almost 15%! I used the Gift Cards on our Disney Cruise in August.
:cool1:

I bought a handful of Disney gift cards at Target with my Red Card and got the 5% discount.

We had no problems at all using them in the parks, DTD or hotels.

In fact, our last night at Disney was our dinner at the Napa Rose Chef's Counter. We took all of our unused cards and gave them and my credit card to the server who happily apply them all to our bill with the remainder on the credit card.

No problems at all using them anywhere Disney related.

My family and I are going to DisneyLand in a little over 30 days! So our vacation package final payment is almost due! I was thinking of taking advantage of the giftcards at Target using the 5% off or even some say Sams Club has them 7% off....can you buy a bunch of these...like even say $2000...to pay off your vacation package? The biggest amount Ive seen then giftcards in is $50....I saw some sites that said Disney only let you use up to 2 giftcards... Any advice?? Help?? Thank you!!

During the month of July target had Disney Gift cards on SALE! a $50.00 card was selling for $47.50. I was able to stack my Red card discount with my RX Rewards discount and I save almost 15%! I used the Gift Cards on our Disney Cruise in August.
:cool1:

Oh damn, I can't believe I missed that! I just started buying the GC's for our upcoming trip (I'll get a $50 card each week or so until we go). But I am at target every week and didn't even see that they were on sale last month. :(

If you are staying at a DL resort hotel, I found it much easier to charge all items/food to your room and use the gift cards to pay your bill at the end. Last year I took a bunch of Disney gift cards from Target to WDW and I found it hard to track...the cards all looked identical and if I didn't spend the entire amount at once then I had a card with a balance etc. Bring a sharpie so you can mark which ones are partially used.

It also is a good idea to take a picture of all the cards with the serial number to track them.

Also if you are a Disney Visa Holder, you may want to charge purchases over $50 to your visa as you get 10% off at many stores.

Also if you are pre-ordering Photopass + you can use the gift card to pay for that as well. :banana:

Oh damn, I can't believe I missed that! I just started buying the GC's for our upcoming trip (I'll get a $50 card each week or so until we go). But I am at target every week and didn't even see that they were on sale last month. :(

That post was from 2012 so you might not have missed it this year. I don't remember seeing it this year and I was buying gift cards in July.

That post was from 2012 so you might not have missed it this year. I don't remember seeing it this year and I was buying gift cards in July.

Well that makes sense. Guess I need to pay closer attention to the details! Thanks. :)

Gift Card Word of Warning... Last October my mom scratched off what she thought was a pincode area on the back of a $200 Disney gift card. She actually scratched off the magnetic strip. We hadn't noticed until my husband tried to use it to pay for our meal. They declined it since the magnetic strip was mostly scratched off. My husband asked them if they could enter the card manually and they said no. I went to City Hall to try to get things straightened out. I spent an hour with what they called their top computer guy, who was unable to figure out a way for me to use the card. Why they just couldn't cancel it and issue me a new one was beyond me. They could tell the balance was still $200. For that matter, I didn't understand why they couldn't just enter it manually. So here we sit...10 months later with an unused $200 gift card because they couldn't do anything about it. I did get a fast pass good for 6 for my inconvenience, though. :rolleyes:

Can I use this gift card to order a park ticket online?

Because you don't need the magnetic strip to purchase online you should be able to use it anywhere on the website that accepts Disney GCs.

I'm confused, on my cards there's only one place to scratch off and the magnetic strip is black and not scratchable?

Anyways, I purchased $1,000 in gift cards with my 10% off (5% and 5% from prescription rewards) and took them to the nearest Disney store to buy our tickets.

Then since I knew I wouldn't get another 5 prescriptions in time I started buying things that came with a $5 gift card. Things I needed of course! They had a deal where you buy 2 37lbs of kitty litter and got a $5 gift card but the litter also had a $1 off coupon on it and was on sale for $12. So for $22 I got 2 huge containers of litter that lasted me quite awhile and I was able to use the $5 card to get another $50 gift card.

And just a couple weeks ago they had another kitty litter offer and a cat food offer. So I got $10 in gift cards and stocked up on food and litter.

Just make sure that the item you are buying is worth the cost. They had a deal on Kotex where if you buy 3 you get a $5 card but it was more expensive than the up and up brand I've been buying lately. (which is just like Stayfree) The reason the kitty litter was worth it to me regardless of the price was that we get that brand of kitty litter anyways because it's the only kind that works for us....but it actually WAS a really good deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter