any predictions for disney weather in early dec?

Highs anywhere from the 60s to the 80s...lows anywhere from the 40s to the 60s.

Tough to get more specific than that!! Officially the average daily high in December is in the mid 70s, but that's just an average.

Be prepared for anything in December :)

It can even be colder than that. One time it was a high of 48 on our arrival day in early December.

We've been going the 1ST week of Dec. since 05 and have had pretty nice weather. I can only remember one year when it was a little colder than we would have liked. But still nice. And a few showers. Nothing that ruined the trip for us. :thumbsup2
Nancy princess:

A few years ago we arrived at MCO on a Sunday and it got up to 78 that day. We left the following Friday morning and it was 32 at MCO and as we were taking off the pilot reported that we were heading to RDU (Raleigh /Durham ) airport where it was a balmy 15 degrees. :rotfl2: So yes you can expect a range of temps on both the warmer and cooler side. The closest estimation you will get is by checking then extended forecast just before leaving for WDW.

I am sure it will be the opposite of whatever outfit I pack for the day will be!! Maybe I should just pack sweaters lol!

But during my past two Dec trips, we have worn everything from sundresses to gloves and a winter puffer jacket!

Thanks everyone... My kids have grown out of their warmer weather clothes ...and I'm huge and pregnant right now and don't have any warm wearer clothes to wear either.... Trying to decided if I should go buy some new clothes for the trip... Sounds like we might need a few things :)

I'm also going Dec and after reading a few different Dec weather threads I've got everything from shorts, sandals, and t-shirts to long underwear, hats, and gloves ready to go.

I'm expecting 70's but ready for 40's.

We went the 1st week of December last year and thought the weather was perfect. High in the high 70s. We wore mainly shorts and capris. Sometimes long pants in the evening. I knew that historically weather that time of year can really vary. Honestly I packed a ton and was ready for freezing cold or blazing hot! Overall I thought it was the perfect time to go to Disney.

We have been twice in December. I wore capris and a jacket both times. My family, however wore shorts and swam. I like the summer months for the warmth, but December for no rain and the Christmas decorations.

We went in 2011 & it was 79 every day! We wore jeans & tees during the day while our girls wore their princess dresses. We wore sweatshirts in the evening. We swam a few days & it was cold, but we had fun! We had packed heavy coats, gloves, hats etc but didn't need them. We most likely will pack all those things again our next trip just in case.

My biggest tip that worked for us is choose an outfit each day that can be worn no matter the weather. For instance I usually pack jumper-like dresses for the kids that can be layered with a turtleneck & leggings if need be. My dresses I have cardigans & leggings to wear with them too. I think that makes it easy to plan. Everyone has their outfit for each day with various options for layering. That way you can start the morning bundled up & toss the leggings in a bag by afternoon. I just like knowing what each person will wear each day.

I would be prepared anything. I've been done and worn pants and t-shirts but I've also been down when I had to keep wearing my winter jacket. We will be going 12/3-12/14 and I'm planning on taking one of my light winter jackets and a few sweat shirts just in case. I'm also a big fan of layering. This way I can adapt to changing weather outside as well as attractions/dining inside. I usually have about 4 layers on so its easy for me to be comfortable.

If you go to wunderground.com and click on their travel planner you can get historical weather info for your exact dates going back something like a decade. Winter in FL is unpredictable as a rule - we had temps ranging from 85° to 40° on our Dec trip. Also, beware the long range forecast - weathermen may as well be throwing darts at a chart of possible weather combinations for all the accuracy they manage beyond just a few days into the future.

We went in 2011 & it was 79 every day! We wore jeans & tees during the day while our girls wore their princess dresses. We wore sweatshirts in the evening. We swam a few days & it was cold, but we had fun! We had packed heavy coats, gloves, hats etc but didn't need them. We most likely will pack all those things again our next trip just in case.

My biggest tip that worked for us is choose an outfit each day that can be worn no matter the weather. For instance I usually pack jumper-like dresses for the kids that can be layered with a turtleneck & leggings if need be. My dresses I have cardigans & leggings to wear with them too. I think that makes it easy to plan. Everyone has their outfit for each day with various options for layering. That way you can start the morning bundled up & toss the leggings in a bag by afternoon. I just like knowing what each person will wear each day.

This is my plan - layers! I'm also a Disboutiquer and like to make stuff for my family to wear, so the big thing for this upcoming trip has been jackets.

I'm also going Dec and after reading a few different Dec weather threads I've got everything from shorts, sandals, and t-shirts to long underwear, hats, and gloves ready to go.

I'm expecting 70's but ready for 40's.

Yes - definitely plan to pack some extra heavy and lightweight things just in case

I would be prepared anything. I've been done and worn pants and t-shirts but I've also been down when I had to keep wearing my winter jacket. We will be going 12/3-12/14 and I'm planning on taking one of my light winter jackets and a few sweat shirts just in case. I'm also a big fan of layering. This way I can adapt to changing weather outside as well as attractions/dining inside. I usually have about 4 layers on so its easy for me to be comfortable.

Sounds like the plan - also bringing a drawing string backpack for lightweight toting of extra layers (I don't want to fool with a locker)

I live near the mouse - Weather in December is like spring up north. Some days are balmy and others are very cool. :cold: In I have seen snow twice. It did not stick - except on the mail box. We have "hard" freezes some years. Some times it even kills some orange trees. Then there are times when it is so warm that I open my house and enjoy. :beach:

We've had luck with the weather on all of our early December trips. Some days I needed a light jacket in the morning or late evening but other than that, it was shorts, tees, and capris.

The first few weeks of December I don't even wear my winter jacket here in New York...it always stays home when we go to Florida! Unless I see that it's going to be twenty degrees and windy every day of our trip, the winter jacket is not going in the suitcase.

Now, I hope I didn't just jinx myself for the weather on our upcoming trip! :rotfl:

We have been 3 times in early December. The first trip was FREEZING, the second trip was hot, and the third trip POURED rain and Magical Express lost the one bag we checked with all of our jackets and ponchos in it.

I would plan to pack a variety of stuff you can layer.

This is my plan - layers! I'm also a Disboutiquer and like to make stuff for my family to wear, so the big thing for this upcoming trip has been jackets.

Yes - definitely plan to pack some extra heavy and lightweight things just in case

Sounds like the plan - also bringing a drawing string backpack for lightweight toting of extra layers (I don't want to fool with a locker)

If you're bringing a bag, I would also carry a rain poncho with you. We find a way to bring ours no matter when we go just in case. I'd rather have them and not need them then need them and not have them.

Thanks everyone... My kids have grown out of their warmer weather clothes ...and I'm huge and pregnant right now and don't have any warm wearer clothes to wear either.... Trying to decided if I should go buy some new clothes for the trip... Sounds like we might need a few things :)

We were there the year it was in the 30's. luckily we came from cold weather so we wore sweatshirts on the plane but that was the only cold weather clothing we brought. I think it never hurts to be over prepared but pants and sweatshirts will go along way. Also throw in hats gloves and decent socks as a just in case since they dont take up much room and ones from last year probably still fit! You probably won't need them but its a pain if a chilly night rolls along and you are running around trying to find warmer clothes. If all else fails, people made blankets fashionable in the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter