Any posts/ comments about new Courtyard Marriott?

I stayed in one of the King Corner Suite rooms back in October. I normally stay at the Best Western Park Place Inn when going to DLR. The Courtyard Waterpark Theme Park Entrance is a hotel (rather than a motel like the BWPPI). It's still new, so the rooms look pretty good with a generally modern feel and design. The color scheme was fairly muted, but it went with the overall modern feel to the place. The Corner Suite had plenty of windows, so there was a fair amount of ambient light during the day, which was nice. The rooms seemed pretty quiet; I couldn't hear anything from the adjacent rooms. The master bed room was spacious enough with a small closet (that included the safe). The second "bedroom" was okay (had two twin bunk beds)...the beds were fine, but neither of the entrances into the room had doors. So I would recommend bringing a tension rod and a curtain to cover the opening for a little more privacy in that room. The main room had a long desk, a two dining tables, a couch, and a chair. We used one table to eat and the other (along with the desk) to put stuff. It had a mini-fridge and small microwave which we used to re-heat food for breakfast. They do have a cafe type place downstairs for food, but it can get pricey if you eat there a lot. The staff seemed friendly and responsive as well. Valet parking is the only option, so you do have to call down (or text) to get your car. The was brought pretty quickly, but it is something to keep in mind. Because it is a hotel, there are bellhops that will help with your luggage. Lastly, there is a Waterpark, which is a lot of fun...there are two big slides and another small one. If you don't want to get wet, make sure you stand outside of the water cannon range (I didn't and ended up getting wet!). Overall, I really liked the Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance and would happily stay there again. The main reason my family continues to stay at the BWPPI is that the BWPPI is closer to DLR (so a shorter walk, which matters at the end of the day) and the BWPPI is less expensive.

I thoroughly enjoyed our short stay there in October. Spacious for our family of 5, quiet, great waterpark area, awesome staff, clean...honestly my only complaint was no self-parking, which really isn't so bad. If I could afford it for every trip we take, I would make it our hotel of choice.

I stayed in one of the King Corner Suite rooms back in October. I normally stay at the Best Western Park Place Inn when going to DLR. The Courtyard Waterpark Theme Park Entrance is a hotel (rather than a motel like the BWPPI). It's still new, so the rooms look pretty good with a generally modern feel and design. The color scheme was fairly muted, but it went with the overall modern feel to the place. The Corner Suite had plenty of windows, so there was a fair amount of ambient light during the day, which was nice. The rooms seemed pretty quiet; I couldn't hear anything from the adjacent rooms. The master bed room was spacious enough with a small closet (that included the safe). The second "bedroom" was okay (had two twin bunk beds)...the beds were fine, but neither of the entrances into the room had doors. So I would recommend bringing a tension rod and a curtain to cover the opening for a little more privacy in that room. The main room had a long desk, a two dining tables, a couch, and a chair. We used one table to eat and the other (along with the desk) to put stuff. It had a mini-fridge and small microwave which we used to re-heat food for breakfast. They do have a cafe type place downstairs for food, but it can get pricey if you eat there a lot. The staff seemed friendly and responsive as well. Valet parking is the only option, so you do have to call down (or text) to get your car. The was brought pretty quickly, but it is something to keep in mind. Because it is a hotel, there are bellhops that will help with your luggage. Lastly, there is a Waterpark, which is a lot of fun...there are two big slides and another small one. If you don't want to get wet, make sure you stand outside of the water cannon range (I didn't and ended up getting wet!). Overall, I really liked the Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance and would happily stay there again. The main reason my family continues to stay at the BWPPI is that the BWPPI is closer to DLR (so a shorter walk, which matters at the end of the day) and the BWPPI is less expensive.
Can you tell me what kind of view your room had ?
Pool, I5, DLR ?

The view was of I5. The King Suites are located in the north-eastern corner of the hotel.

I couldn't hear anything noises from the freeway. I think we were on the fourth floor, but don't remember for sure. The location of the hotel was fine. The walk wasn't that bad and it never felt terribly lonely (i.e., like you were the only one in the area).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter