Any Poly GV reviews from anyone recently back?

jacksmom

DIS Veteran
We will be going in Oct. And, I was wondering if there were any reviews from someone just back? Have most of the rooms been renovated? Are they nice rooms? Is there a good building to request? Was everthing in good shape? Any tips or advise very appreciated? Also, any recent photos?:bounce: Thanks! :bounce:

Hi Jacksmom you are going to love the Poly. Dh and I took 2 of our Grandchildren for 7 nights this past February.

Most of the rooms have been redone, We stayed in Rarotonga, which is right next to the Great Ceremonial House. We had a quite pool view. There are three floors to this building the 1st and 3rd floors have balconies the second does not. The rooms were in great shape, and the maid service always did a great job, (no towel animals though)

We loved the location of this building. We were 5 doors down from the GCH were the the stores, the restaurants are and where you get the monorail. On the 2nd floor there is an out door balconey that connects to Niue. There are tables and chairs on this balconey Niue is a smaller building with only 2 floors, the first floor has private balconies. The 2nd does not. Niue is also in a great location one side you have the quite pool view, the other side has the volcano pool view. Both buildings are a short walk to the pools, marina and to Captain Cooks, the fast food restaurant where you refill your mugs.

Also another great building is Tokelau. This is a much larger building with 3 floors all have private balconies.

Trekker one of the moderators has a great web-site on the Poly. It answers just about every question you could have and has some great photo's. I don't know the web address maybe someone here can add a link for you.

Have a wonderful stay at the Poly. :)

Mamu,

Sounds like you had a great trip. I'd love to hear more about Rarotonga. What room were you in? If you weren't on the 3rd floor, did you hear people above you?:confused:

Seems like it would be a great location for us. We're going 9/28, my mom, dd4, ds3 and I, and ds can be very slooooooowww, just walking from one place to another. :rolleyes:

Since you were so close to the GCH, did you hear much noise from the outside (people walking around the area)?

Thanks for your help!!!:D

Sue

Sue we were on the 2nd floor (no balconey). Not a necessity for us, we spent very little time in our room. We were either at the pools, in the park or riding mouse boats around Bay Lake.

The rooms are larger then other Disney Resorts. 2 queen beds and a day bed. A table with 2 chairs next to the large slider window. A large closet and bathroom/with one sink. I know some of the other resorts have 2 sinks. I found the rooms to be very quite. Some of our vacation fell on Presidents weekend. I did notice it became more crowded as the weekend approached. It was never a problem, always restful.

My Grandchildren loved this resort, they wanted to return this year, but I like trying different resorts. We will be staying at WL in February. I will miss the Poly though, I also loved this resort.

Also one feature about the volcano pool is it has zero entry on the beach side which is great for little ones.

We were at the Poly in May and also requested Raratonga. This is the second time we have asked for and gotten that building. We always get third floor monorail view since it is so nice to sit on the balcony and watch them go by. The building is really close to the GCH which is the reason we get it. It is also close to the Volcano pool. We have always had nice upkept rooms and great mousekeepers who make lots of towel animals. We too are going back in October and again requested Raratonga, third floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter