Any pics yet of Dream aft balconies?

We've got these booked and now I'm concerned.

Thanks, Tricia

I was in 9172 this past fall, and the only "problem" that I could think of is that the dividers between the balconies are slanted, as you can see in the pictures, so as you walk closer to the railing, everyone on the adjacent balconies can see you. It's as if you're standing right next to eachother.

I'm not quite sure why this is a problem...:confused3 unless you'd planned on standing out there nekked.:rolleyes1

On the balconies that are along the sides of the ship, there's always a spot or two where the doors connect, or where the divider meets the wall of the ship, that people can see through, too. (A gap) So basically, there's no such thing as a "private" verandah.

I was in 9172 this past fall, and the only "problem" that I could think of is that the dividers between the balconies are slanted, as you can see in the pictures, so as you walk closer to the railing, everyone on the adjacent balconies can see you. It's as if you're standing right next to eachother.

I'm not quite sure why this is a problem...:confused3 unless you'd planned on standing out there nekked.:rolleyes1

On the balconies that are along the sides of the ship, there's always a spot or two where the doors connect, or where the divider meets the wall of the ship, that people can see through, too. (A gap) So basically, there's no such thing as a "private" verandah.

We are booked in room 9172 for the April 1 Dream cruise. Any other helpful info about this cabin? Did you like the location? Was it quiet and easy to access other parts of the ship? I'd love some more info or photos! ;)

Actually, I think I quite like the idea of being able to chat to the neighbours :goodvibes

Does anyone have pics of 5192? We are booked for Nov 3 on the Fantasy and I'm praying that either 1) they fixed the bass problem from Evolutions or 2) the verrandah will be worth it.

Thanks!

Does anyone have pics of 5192? We are booked for Nov 3 on the Fantasy and I'm praying that either 1) they fixed the bass problem from Evolutions or 2) the verrandah will be worth it.

Thanks!

We were in 5192 on the maiden voyage of the Dream (sorry, no pics of verandah). We loved it so much that we tried to book it for the Fantasy's maiden, but it was already gone.

The room is dead center on the back of the ship, so the verandah is huge & the views are amazing.

The bass from the clubs was a low thump till closing & did not keep us up or bother us at all.

I'm sure you will be thrilled with this stateroom!

We were in 5192 on the maiden voyage of the Dream (sorry, no pics of verandah). We loved it so much that we tried to book it for the Fantasy's maiden, but it was already gone.

The room is dead center on the back of the ship, so the verandah is huge & the views are amazing.

The bass from the clubs was a low thump till closing & did not keep us up or bother us at all.

I'm sure you will be thrilled with this stateroom!

Thank you! :lovestruc We are so excited to have this room!

We had a Nav. Verandah on the Magic so we had originally booked an obstructed Verandah on the Fantasy, but when we asked about upgrading and saw the price was so minimal and for the HUGE the difference in the verandah's, we took it. :cloud9:

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread I'm deciding between 9176 and 10658 for wedding cruise and could use any input between the two thank you.

Although now that you mention it, nekked private balcony... thats relaxed baby lololololol

-KD

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread I'm deciding between 9176 and 10658 for wedding cruise and could use any input between the two thank you.

Hiya Evi,
We were just in 9176 a couple weeks ago. Standard room, fabulous balcony! I would choose a room on deck 9 over deck 10 since deck 10 is directly below the pool/Cabanas areas. I have been in a room directly below the main pool deck (different boat) and it was quite noisy at all hours. 9176 is a connecting cabin to 9174, but we never heard anything from them at all - but judging by our interactions in the hallway, they were anything but a quiet group. :)

Here's a link to some picts..http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8MYtXLhuyZAQ

If you have any questions, let me know. :)

Hiya Evi,
We were just in 9176 a couple weeks ago. Standard room, fabulous balcony! I would choose a room on deck 9 over deck 10 since deck 10 is directly below the pool/Cabanas areas. I have been in a room directly below the main pool deck (different boat) and it was quite noisy at all hours. 9176 is a connecting cabin to 9174, but we never heard anything from them at all - but judging by our interactions in the hallway, they were anything but a quiet group. :)

Here's a link to some picts..http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8MYtXLhuyZAQ

If you have any questions, let me know. :)

Just to let you guys know that having a cabin directly below Cabanas is not noisy. We were in 10160 on the Dream and never heard any noise at all. We loved that room, and the large balcony. We have 9172 on the Fantasy and hope its just as good.

Thanks guys I went for the deck 10 corner aft. I think it may have a little more space for us for oot bags and other wedding stuff.

Just to let you guys know that having a cabin directly below Cabanas is not noisy. We were in 10160 on the Dream and never heard any noise at all. We loved that room, and the large balcony. We have 9172 on the Fantasy and hope its just as good.

Wonderful!! That is Fantasy (June 9th)! I had been wondering about the noise issue.

Do you have any pictures?

Re: a PP's comments on an HA cabin being assigned to those not needing it.
We booked a 6A GTY and were assigned 9170, which is HA. I am assuming that as DCL sees there will be no one needing a handi-access. cabin, they are free to give them out to others. Of course, I would gladly give up the cabin if it was needed.
I'll admit that when I initially found out we had this cabin, I was not happy, believing that it is a negative to have an Aft cabin. Others have posted positive experiences with them, so I am not as anxious.

Does anyone have any pics of 10660? I have it booked for sept. 2013 and am curious on how the verandah is designed, it looks long and kind of thin.

Thank you! Thank you!

GASP!:scared1: I REALLY don't want that balcony! I hope the other 6B rooms aren't like that! I have #7690 booked....I would be really upset!

Hi CherylSue!

I have Cabin 7690 booked for a cruise in July 2012... Can you tell me if the verandah is a solid white wall? Disney won't confirm it with a yes or no, they are just suggesting that if I want a guaranteed "plexiglass" verandah to upgrade my room. I really want to try an AFT cabin though. As you can see, I'm new to this forum and I'm not really sure who to ask but other Disney Cruise goers :cheer2:

Thanks for any info you can give me! :thumbsup2

Just to let you guys know that having a cabin directly below Cabanas is not noisy. .

We recently returned from our cruise in 9176 & 9174...I have a load of pictures too of the balconies which I'll try & post soon.
I would just like to add a few negative observations BUT nothing that would stop me rebooking the cabins again...but so you are aware;

- these balconies (and furniture) were grimey from the soot fall from the stack - it was a daily occurance (every time we sailed) -and with a balcony this big, far too big of a job for the stateroom host. Despite repeated requests, Disney were slow and poor to respond to requests to get it properly cleaned - in fact it never was cleaned properly, until we arrived back in Port Canaveral (when it was pressure washed as we left). It was left to the stateroom host with a mop & bucket but this just resulted in spreading the grime, not removing it ...it really needs Disney to pressure wash it regularly during the cruise. Actually, there is no excuse for them not being washed down more effectively, even without pressure washing, as there is a tap (sorry forcet !) on the wall of the cabin of 9176 that could run a hose or similar.
It is kind of annoying that DCL have 'upgraded' these cabins and not tackled this problem - I think they could have sold it better if perhaps they gave the soot fall issue one of the reasons for NOT upgrading it in the first place. I thought this was why the aft cabins on the Magic remained reasonably priced ?:confused:
TIP -Bring some baby wipes with you to clean the furniture, and do not sit out in a white sun dress ! Also flip flops are a must on the balconies if you don't want black feet !!

- second we did find it could be a little noisy on the balcony at night from the staff parties being help on the very top deck (priate staff area). You couldn't hear the noise in the cabin, but some nights party music & singing, loud chatter,etc., could be heard in to the early hours if you were stood outside.

- after 7 cruises I have never noticed so many smokers on their balconies as I did this cruise. I can't say the smokers bother me - they tend to be so intermitent, so as not to affect me ...BUT nonetheless I saw loads more of the aft balconies than ever I have done sailing on the side balconies.

As I said it wouldn't stop me rebooking these cabins though - they are great !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter