Any Packer FAns out there?

Now that you've identified each other, you can all get in touch again about 4pm on September 7th and cry on each other's shoulders after a big packer loss!:teeth:

We will see who is crying!!;) ;) I miss being able to see all of the games. We are hoping for a Superbowl season, seeing that the Superbowl will be in Houston this year!
GO PACKERS!!

I knew that was going to happen.
Rope the Packer fans in then BAM!

I lived my whole life in Wisconsin, never been to a Packer Game. You cannot get tickets! If you are very wealthy and know people in high places you might have a chance.

The Packers are not what they used to be, but we won at Tampa a couple of years ago, when your stadium was brand new and no one had jumped on the bandwagon yet to support your mighty bucs, the placed was mostly packer fans. The bucs complained about all the noise the packer fans made and said they lost the game because of the fan support!!

Just wait a couple of more years for your players to start getting old, and your fan loyalty will die out again.

Brett Favre will probably get killed by Warren. Warren isn't out to play football, he is just a nasty player that needed a mother growing up. (He'll be sitting in jail for manslaughter).

Sorry, just my rant for the day!

(Another side note) Jeremy Unertle plays for the Packers and he is a home town boy from Wisconsin that graduated 8th grade at the school I work for and he nominated the 8th grade teacher who is still here. He nominated her, cause he felt she was the most influencial person in his life. Our school gets $7,000 and she gets $4,000, now. :bounce:

Ohmari,
I feel the same way you do about being roped in! I will support the Packers till my last day! I was a fan when they were worst in all of the NFL. I WILL stick by my team win or loose! Not too many other teams have support like that! And if you do not know, you can NOT just go to a Packer game and buy a ticket. There is a waiting list that is about 30 years long!! Now that is support for your team!

Once again I say Go Pack!!!

Here we go again!!!

:rolleyes:

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I knew it would degenerate into a testamonial about the special bond between packer fans and players, how pathetic other teams' fans are, the inevitable mention of "the waiting list" (what else is there to do in green bay?;) ), etc.....

Please forgive me, but living in the Twin Cities, the 365-days-a-year yapping from the packer fans (who didn't make a peep from 1970 - 1995) has gotten a little old.

The highlight of last season? Hearing the boos at the Falcons play off game from the few fans left in lambeau field, after most of the "loyal" fans had walked out!

Can't wait for September 7!

Ok, guys. Just to get something straight. I'm a Cheesehead, not a Buc fan at all. I can't stand the Bucs. Just b/c I live in the town, doesn't mean I support the team. I'm orginally from Wisconsin (Superior to be exact). I've always been a Packer fan and will always be a Packer fan. I've even been to a game at Lambau field. (3rd row from the field.) Green Bay is an awesome town and it was such an experience. Just wondering what other cheeseheads are out there.

This is the most intersting time of year at my house! I am a Packers fan, DH is a Chiefs fan and DS is a Patriots fan!!!! Each of us have jerseys, hats, blankets, etc (I love my cheese head!!), and sometimes the most fun we have is getting my DD (2) to cheer for our team!!!

manchurianbrownbear and Minnesota,

Where are your teams Superbowl titles?? Oh let me refresh your memory...You have NONE!! You CHOKE everytime you come close!!

I do not think that I could be too proud of a team that has
Randy Moss, the most upstanding NFL player in the league! Ya Right!! Watch out or you may be hit by him while he is smoking one of his joints!! What a role model for your kids to look up to!!

GO Packers!!

Packer Fan here!!!....I've lived in WI for all my 15 years and loved the packers the whole time...my dad use to be a Vickings fan but my mom kinda changed that lol..I got to go to the game on Sunday..it was pretty cool being there for the first game in the new stadium even tho they did loose:(

Usually I leave the message boards to my wife, but this is a subject close to my heart and is more than worthy of my very fisrt post. I grew up in Wisconsin and have always loved the Packers. I've never been to a game at the golden gates of Lambeau, but I had the chance to watch them at County Stadium when I was a kid. I grew up with the Packers, every Sunday, that was the day you waited all week for. The smell of brats cooking on the grill, family, friends, heck the whole block.....charlie murphy is cookin Johnsonville brats,brats,brats...not the best brats, but they will do when thats all you can get....anyway I remeber going to school on Monday after a great weekend of Packer football and and reliving some of the highlights of that weekend's game with friends during recess....
I moved to Tampa, Fl with my father when I was 15. Back then the Packers, well kind-of sucked, but I loved them anyway and they weren't half as bad as the Succaneers...I've been to the last 6 games the Packers have been down here in Tampa and will again this year. Sometimes they won sometimes they lost but it was always a good game, except for the Succaneers's fans...loud, rude,drunken and very sore losers. But I have to give credit where credit is due..Tampa does have a very strong team and they deserve to win the Superbowl last year and I hate to say it but looks like the Succaneers are the team to beat again this year.
Lastly.....THANK GOD FOR DIRECTV's NFL DIRECT TICKET!!! I could not live with out this and it's well worth it!!!

Michael
GO PACK GO

Here I am! By the way, the cheese is good for the rain. It poured that day!

298mommy_gb-med.jpg

Thanks Mikethemalevolent!! Welcome to the DIS! My Dh got transfered to Houston in 2000, and we ended up moving during the playoff's in 2001 ( Packers lost to the Rams that game). We have Dish Net, no Sunday ticket Darn! We listened to the games on NFL.com last year though. Not quite the same, but at least it was something. Hope to have a great season!!

sdoane: Love the picture! We went in 1995 in November! Very cold, but the most fun game (we beat the Succuneer's, as Mikethemalevolent calls them!). Reggie was on the team then, and he was leading both teams in a prayer after the game was over, very neat to witness!

It's rather interesting being a packer fan, and being proud to be supportive of your team. I've made it to a few preseason games in Green Bay, and one or two regular season games. It's always an experience. I also appreciate other teams when they are better than we are. That's the name of the game.

Then again I also have the experience of going to a Packer game in the Twin Cities. A bunch of friends of mine went to a game (we were a mix of Packer and Vikings Fans) a year or two ago. I don't mind little honest ribbing - rivalries bring out the snide comments, but we were spit on(yes, spit on), called names and were told by pretty much every local (I assume) Viking fan we walked by that we should go home. And that's putting it nicely so the board filters don't have to be invoked.

It was so bad our Viking fan friends were apologizing for how the other fans were behaving. I've never had to walk through the parking lot at Lambeau field and apologize for any Packer Fans rude and crass behaviors.

Maybe it's just a few that cause the problems. I dunno - didn't seem like it. I just know I'd never go back to Minnesota for a game, for certain.

3 Guys were riding in a car - a Vikings fan, a Packers fan and a Bucs fan. As they were driving they came upon an accident. Oops - better not tell that joke on this board...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter