Any P&S Cameras that are "almost" as good as a DSLR?

If you are still in the market, I suggest the Sony A6300. It is an incredible camera, and with some of its smaller lenses, it is quite small. Also, if you have invested heavily into Cannon glass, you can by lens adapters that will allow you to use your Cannon glass on it. So when doing other types of shooting, outside of theme parks and vacations, you can actually carry around two bodies.

If you have any questions about it, ask away. I got mine the day it came out this year, and have taken thousands of photos with it already.

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the suggestion!

I agree with a lot of the great suggestions on here. I have a lot of the cameras people are sharing with you. A6300 however is not a p&s, and that's what you're asking about.

I would also agree with the Panasonic zs100. Take a look at the Panasonic lx100. It has a bigger sensor (m4/3) than all of the p&s options recommended. It is not as pocketable, but no fooling with lenses, incredible in low light, and takes gorgeous photos and 4K video. For a lot longer than 5 mins like the Rx series from Sony.

I agree with a lot of the great suggestions on here. I have a lot of the cameras people are sharing with you. A6300 however is not a p&s, and that's what you're asking about.

I would also agree with the Panasonic zs100. Take a look at the Panasonic lx100. It has a bigger sensor (m4/3) than all of the p&s options recommended. It is not as pocketable, but no fooling with lenses, incredible in low light, and takes gorgeous photos and 4K video. For a lot longer than 5 mins like the Rx series from Sony.

Correct, the a6300 is not a point a shoot, but it is much smaller than DSLRs. I read the original post as a concern with size, which I feel many mirrorless cameras help with.

Correct, the a6300 is not a point a shoot, but it is much smaller than DSLRs. I read the original post as a concern with size, which I feel many mirrorless cameras help with.

I know, I have two that I use strictly in V-LOG for video. It's still extremely limited with the kit lens. Starting off at F 3.5 is so handicapping. So many of the newer point and shoots start out between F1.7 -F2.0 and offers several things:
1. Cheaper
2. Don't need additional lenses to carry around
3. Lighter and more versatile in multiple lighting conditions!

I just got back 3 weeks ago and forced myself (it was super difficult) to only take point and shoots. zs100 and the lx100. It stretched me in a great way. You can see them over at instagram.com/davedoesdisney (the last 15 photos on there were form the above mentioned cameras.)

Enjoy your Sony, I love them!

I know, I have two that I use strictly in V-LOG for video. It's still extremely limited with the kit lens. Starting off at F 3.5 is so handicapping. So many of the newer point and shoots start out between F1.7 -F2.0 and offers several things:
1. Cheaper
2. Don't need additional lenses to carry around
3. Lighter and more versatile in multiple lighting conditions!

I just got back 3 weeks ago and forced myself (it was super difficult) to only take point and shoots. zs100 and the lx100. It stretched me in a great way. You can see them over at instagram.com/davedoesdisney (the last 15 photos on there were form the above mentioned cameras.)

Enjoy your Sony, I love them!

Yeah, true about the kit lens, but depending on what you are trying to do, you can get by with it. Family shots in the park, it will work. Wanting more artistic shots, probably going to need to get a better lens. For me it would be hard to budget both a nice P&S (the ones you listed are great btw) and my Sony a6300, which is why for me it is a better option.

BTW, I just got the Sigma 30mm 1.4 Contemporary for my a6300 on Tuesday, and so far it is incredible. Sure it is not a G master lens, but it does a pretty good job so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter