Any other ways to earn SWA Rapid Rewards?

I received a flyer in the mail today from Southwest offering a 2500 bonus if I spend $5,000 between Feb 1 and March 31. Not sure I can do it but plan on trying. So, 7,500 points for spending $5,000.

Just earned my first 600 eRewards points! Now if that SW Plus Card would just get here. Of course, we had a big dentist bill yesterday and no card to put it on.

I started doing eRewards this week. Is the cash in $1=1 point? I'm just wondering how everyone is getting hundreds/thousands of points per week on there. I'm lucky to be getting 2/3 surveys per day.

If you're into surveys/earning website type things, I use E-Rewards to cash out for Southwest points. I think I've heard rumors that not everyone has Southwest as an available reward though.
I got invited through Southwest to be a part of the e-reward website a few months after I signed up for Rapid Rewards and got 500 points for completing a survey within the first 3 months. Every now and then an e-Reward is for Southwest.

Also last year and this year Southwest e-mailed me and if I did my taxes through Turbo Tax (which we already use) then I earned 1,000 points. All I had to do was go through their specific link just like you would if you were shopping to get the points.

I'm going to guess and say those who have few points or are just starting out with Rapid Rewards would be much more likely to be invited to e-Rewards directly through Southwest. Just my guess though.

Also, if you get a Chase Ultimate Rewards cc, you can transfer those points nearly instantaneously to Rapid Rewards.

Yeah, I was invited through SW and got the 500 pets. I also got the Turbo tax one. I just don't see how you can generate 1200-2400 pts per week solely doing the surveys, unless it isn't 1pt/$1.

Yeah, I was invited through SW and got the 500 pets. I also got the Turbo tax one. I just don't see how you can generate 1200-2400 pts per week solely doing the surveys, unless it isn't 1pt/$1.
It is not equal. When you go to the reward center it has the different offers. For the 600 points on SW, I used $25 eReward dollars. There was an offer for 300 points for $15. And $50 for 1200 points. I decided to cash in since doing 2 $25 was the same as $50, so why wait.

I was not invited by Southwest, but through their portal I signed up for eRewards. After completing all the sign up requirements, I went to eRewards "REWARDS" menu and clicked on Southwest. There was an option to get 500 pts. for free.

I also got 700 points for registering for a QuickBooks account through the Shopping Portal - I didn't have to give any credit card info. Those points have already posted to my RR account.

reward dollars don't always show up immediately. They can sometimes take 4 or 5 days...or longer. If you took the survey, you'll get the credit. Just be patient.

Just wanted to say thanks for these tips. I got the Quickbooks reward and several surveys so I've been able to bulk up my RR account. :disrocks:

erewards is interesting.... I love doing surveys for SWA points, but lately I have gotten maybe one offer per day,and when I click on it is gone..... that said I just got 2000 points for a cashout last month so I'm still happy....

Thanks for any/all help! I just booked our flights with SWA this morning and was able to book both of us one way from Boston to San Diego with NO cash out of pocket (I had the remainder of a SWA gift card to use to pay the fees)! And I still have a handful of RR Points left in the bank. (I wasn't able to book us for the return flight with SWA because I didn't like any of the flight times.) .................P

What a disaster booking a hotel through Southwest was! I was trying to build up my points for a companion pass so I thought great, we need to spend the night in DC, I'll book it through Southwest for the points instead of booking directly through Marriott. It was an advanced purchase. Get to the hotel and they can't locate the reservation. I give the girl the reservation number and think she found our reservation since she didn't mention any differently. Here she must have established a new reservation and then charged me again for the room. So I've spent several hours via email and on the phone with the hotel trying to get it straightened out. Turn out someone checked in the day before somehow on my reservation and I was being charged for their room. Unbelievable! Not sure I will be booking through Southwest again!

What a disaster booking a hotel through Southwest was! I was trying to build up my points for a companion pass so I thought great, we need to spend the night in DC, I'll book it through Southwest for the points instead of booking directly through Marriott. It was an advanced purchase. Get to the hotel and they can't locate the reservation. I give the girl the reservation number and think she found our reservation since she didn't mention any differently. Here she must have established a new reservation and then charged me again for the room. So I've spent several hours via email and on the phone with the hotel trying to get it straightened out. Turn out someone checked in the day before somehow on my reservation and I was being charged for their room. Unbelievable! Not sure I will be booking through Southwest again!

Just thinking out loud here, but are you sure the blame should fall entirely on Southwest? Sounds like a Marriott issue to me...................P

Is your SWA chase card in both of your names? If not, apply for a card in the other persons name...you get 50,000 points after you spend 2,000 in the first 90 days. I know that's a chunk of dollars, but if you have an upcoming trip use it to pay for everything and see if you can get there. Buy groceries on it, gas etc, just be sure to pay it off so you don't get slammed with the interest. You will have the points in less than a month. That's the only quick way I know of.

I also got 700 points for registering for a QuickBooks account through the Shopping Portal - I didn't have to give any credit card info. Those points have already posted to my RR account.

THANK YOU!! I just did this on Friday and the points posted to my account today. It was a surprise because I really didn't *do* anything. I even used my "junk" email (gmail account) and it worked great!

THANK YOU!! I just did this on Friday and the points posted to my account today. It was a surprise because I really didn't *do* anything. I even used my "junk" email (gmail account) and it worked great!

I just tried this & it won't let me complete without entering a credit card. :/

I just tried this & it won't let me complete without entering a credit card. :/
I think it depends which product you pick to have a free trial of.

Try this:
  • While you're logged into your SW account, go to the RR Shopping Portal (https://rapidrewardsshopping.southwest.com).
  • Search for "Quickbooks," and click "Shop Now."
  • Sign up for a Free Trial of a product - I picked "Quickbooks Online Simple Start." You shouldn't have to give any credit card information; you merely give name and email (it doesn't have to match the email address on your SW account).
  • Within ~2 weeks, you should have 700 points automatically deposited in your Rapid Rewards points, and they're CP eligible points!

So far I'm loving eRewards. Thanks to their survey bonus I earned over $50 in February--enough for 1200 RR points. :dogdance:

One question: can I trust a "delayed payout" to actually show up? I did a survey that included taking a video while I was inside a Sam's Club store; because I was willing to do this in store they were to pay an extra $20. I did that on March 7 and submitted it, but the payout has not shown up yet. I really have no way to identify (survey # etc...) to put in a claim; I'm not even sure you can make claims on eRewards. Everything else I've done has credited fairly.

So far I'm loving eRewards. Thanks to their survey bonus I earned over $50 in February--enough for 1200 RR points. :dogdance:

One question: can I trust a "delayed payout" to actually show up? I did a survey that included taking a video while I was inside a Sam's Club store; because I was willing to do this in store they were to pay an extra $20. I did that on March 7 and submitted it, but the payout has not shown up yet. I really have no way to identify (survey # etc...) to put in a claim; I'm not even sure you can make claims on eRewards. Everything else I've done has credited fairly.
Sometimes it can take up to 30 days.

Maybe I missed this as I have been scrolling through a few boards, but do points from e-rewards count towards the companion pass?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter