Any other professional pilot DisDads? (airline, corporate, etc)

BensDaddy

Graduate of Goofy's Flight School
Hi guys,

Just curious if there are any other professional pilot DisDads out there? I flew for several airlines in the 90s and early 00s... Chautauqua, Comair, AirTran, US Airways. Flying corporate now for a large Fortune 500.

We love our Disney vacations (since we don't have nonrev benefits anymore we rely heavily on the good folks at Allegiant Airlines for keeping airfares reasonable).

Take care!

Crashing the Dad party . . . I'm the wife of a professional pilot :)

He flew with US Air out of college then did charter before joining the corporate ranks in 2002, serving a large Fortune 500. Life doesn't get any better than corporate ;)

Cool Mindy. Which one of the USAir Express carriers did he fly for after college? I was Chautauqua 95 to 98 and PSA in 2002 (after my USAir furlough).

What does he fly now?

He flew with Allegheny 98-00 maybe? Now he's flying a Challenger 604 and a Challenger 300. He loves his job and wouldn't give it up for anything. What are you flying?

I'm flying a Learjet 31a, 40, and 45. I see it's only 5 days till your next vacation. Have a great time!!!

We've never stayed at the Polynesian but it's on my "to do" list for sometime in the future.

I am a "pilot". Not an airline pilot, but a pilot on a towboat pilot. I move cargo oil on the inland waterways.

I know it isn't the same but a pilot I am

And a much more highly compensated one I'd wager! ;-)

I took a cruise a few years back that stopped in New Orleans. At the mouth of the Mississippi a speedboat pulled alongside and a "river pilot" came aboard who then, presumably, navigated the giant ship upriver.

I later learned that they can earn $200,000+ for that job.

And a much more highly compensated one I'd wager! ;-)

I took a cruise a few years back that stopped in New Orleans. At the mouth of the Mississippi a speedboat pulled alongside and a "river pilot" came aboard who then, presumably, navigated the giant ship upriver.

I later learned that they can earn $200,000+ for that job.

That's a nice little chunk of change.

Yeah, that's not what I do. I wish I did but they are voted in to those positions. I don't make as much as they do, but I am paid a fair wage for what I do.

I'm a commercial helicopter pilot working for Chevron in the Gulf of Mexico. It's not jets, but it's certainly better than a real job! :laughing:

I've always admired you folks Downey. Sometimes see them at Signature in MSY picking up rig workers and headed out.

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I might bring it back to the top again to see if any new Disboards members fly for a living?

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I might bring it back to the top again to see if any new Disboards members fly for a living?

DH isn't for a living (aerospace engineer by trade) but is building a seaplane in the garage. Does that count?

Honorary DISdad, doesn't post but has a DISdad key chain from our recent cruise FE on the plane workbench. LOL!

Saw one of those at OshKosh last year! Tell him to post pictures! :)

I am not a pilot but I get 787's flying for the 1st time @Boeing Everett, WA. Also have gotten my share of 777's in the Air for the 1st time as well.

Kevin

One of my college room mates is an engineer for Boeing in Seattle. He was working on the 747 800, not sure what he is on now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter