Any other lazy parents?

Spanking? As needed. Usually the mere threat does the trick.

The threat works for us too. If you think about it, that is the ultimate in laziness because we are only threatening to do something, and not even doing it. :rotfl2:

The threat works for us too. If you think about it, that is the ultimate in laziness because we are only threatening to do something, and not even doing it. :rotfl2:

LOL! You're right. I was too lazy to make that connection.:lmao:

I'm so lazy I drove through the snow this morning in my driveway and left it for my 15 and 17 yo sons to shovel!

I do NOT consider myself a lazy parent....however, DD14 would disagree. Last night at 9:10 pm, she asked me to take her to Target to buy Valentine's presents for her friends...no way! It was cold and I was watching a movie. If that's lazy, so be it.

I'm so lazy I drove through the snow this morning in my driveway and left it for my 15 and 17 yo sons to shovel!
:thumbsup2 This was one of the reasons I had kids, along with trash, cat boxes, bringing in the groceries and pumping gas to name a few

I am so glad you are all lazy too....I am as lazy as all of you-no breastfeeding, jar baby food, disposable diapers, kids putting on their own video,DH just said to me last night "you know I really think that the 65% of the time you cook dinner it's usually pretty good", also I waited for my DD 4 to get potty trained at night and stop taking a bottle until I sent her to stay with my mom in Alaska for the summer (we live in Arizona).
As I reply they are laying on the floor watching The Backyardigans, eating Goldfish off the floor (it was cleaned over the weekend) because they dumped them out of the bowl and I won't give them more until those are gone. The boy has some poo in his diaper but I want to make sure he is all finished before I change him so I don't have to do it twice. :lmao:

I feed my kids cereal for dinner sometimes.
Sometimes I let them put M&M's on their pizza.
I let them play in the front yard, and *gasp* - let them ride their bikes in the street (we live at the end of a cul-de-sac).
I sometimes spank. Not only that, but I'll threaten it with "If you don't (insert whatever here), I'm gonna beat your butt!
Sometimes I let them have ice cream twice in one day.
Sometimes breakfast is a Pop Tart.
I don't suck up to my kid's teachers at V-day and put $20 or $40 gift cards in their V-day cards (several parents did just that this year!)
I let my dd walk her brother home from school.
Occasionally I sign my dd's reading log not knowing for sure whether or not she actually read everything she claims.
Sometimes I let my son's wear shoes without socks.
Sometimes I let my kids sleep in their clothes instead of putting PJ's on them.
Sometimes my dirty laundry fills up the entire hallway.
Sometimes I DIS when I should be cleaining or playing with my kids.

I outed myself on the spanking thread as a parent who is no longer spanking. (or at least trying.)

However apparently I still have idle threats. 5 year old DD was running up and down on the couch. I had told her not to many times. I was setting the table right next to it and I finally said "For the love of God STOP! I am holding a fork and I am going to poke you with don't get off the couch and sit down." She sat down.

My DH about died. So spanking is bad, but fork poking is ok????????? :lmao: :thumbsup2

(I really hope the tag fairy isn't reading this thread.) :scared:

Then the other day we were sledging and 2 year old DD had enough after about 5 min so we went to the car to watch a DVD and hang out. After about 5 min she figured out I didn't strap her in and got out of her seat and was walking around. I asked her what she was eating she said "I don't know." Turns out it was some sprees she found in the back seat. I can't remember the last time I bought them. On top of that it is winter in MI, the floors of the van are fifthly. I just gave up and said "oh." :laughing:

Occasionally I sign my dd's reading log not knowing for sure whether or not she actually read everything she claims.
I sign it in the beginning of the week when the packet comes home so that my lazy butt doesn't have to hunt it down on Thursday night or Friday morning....

This thread is too funny!
Right now I am looking at my living room carpet covered in Fruity Pebbles. My 2 year old DS desided to empty the entire box while I was on the phone. The lazy part is that I watched him do it! I was in the middle of a good story and at least he was keeping himself ammused! Thank goodness for my Dyson :)

I must also join the ranks of the lazy moms.

I didn't breastfeed (didn't work for us)
fed my babies food from a jar
kept them in a stroller as long as I could so I didn't have to chase them all over the World
sent them to daycare full time even when I worked part time
pay for them to eat hot lunch at school
they have to read the lunch menu and decide when they want cold lunch, and then make their own lunches (they have decided to also be too lazy and just eat hot lunch)
use pre-made valentines day cards - instead of making them ourselves
cook instant mashed potatoes (I don't care what anyone says - they ARE faster); or better yet, Market Day twice baked potatoes
taught my kids how to do their own laundry at 6 years of age
relish in the fact with a DD8 and DS12, I will never have to answer the phone for the next 10 years (nor will I be allowed to)
DS12 knows that I gave birth to him to watch his sister on the playground (next to our house)
make them ride the school bus instead of driving them
make them work to earn an allowance - nobody pays me for doing nothing (except while I DIS on my lunch hour)

I must be the laziest mom I know - I'm on a diet so pass something that tastes like chocolate, looks like chocolate, but won't make me fatter, I'm gonna DIS when I get home tonight

Yep Lazy Parent here. No breast feeding, had a thumb sucker that I didn't make break the habit. Didn't do the day care because I was too lazy to get off the couch (while eating bon bons of course) to get a job. Also it's been noted by my almost grown children that I was lazy when I didn't drop everything to run them to the store at the last minute to get their contribution to the class party. I was sooo lazy I made them ride their bikes to the store and get it them selves. Oh yeah let's not forget that I was so lazy that I used to let them play outside in the woods practically all day and not check on them and made them drink out of the hose if they were muddy. Geez what do they expect I learned it from a great source-My Mom!!

Did the thread that inspired this one go poof? I can't find it. I was reading it this morning and had to stop, then my DH shut off the electric and I lost it.

BTW, not only am I a lazy parent. I've been told here that I'm a bad parent with no skills, who doesn't love her children.

Tell that to my kid who just got a scholarship to the college of her choice. I'm so lazy now, I don't have to pay.

My daughter just had a brownie (not homemade...Little Debbie) for supper....I offered her a cookie too, but she said she was full, im lazy

:rotfl: :lmao: I think that is the funniest thing I have read so far!

Okay, I have decided that all of you are my new best friends. I am signing up here and now for the lazy club. My kids are homeschooled and while some people think that means I work so hard, it is actually easier because I don't have to get them ready in time for the bus everyday. I would hate that. We get up long about 8:30 and spend a good 45min eating breakfast. The bus is long gone by the time we even get downstairs. :rotfl:

My sons have been wrestling in the hallway for about 45 min now. I don't know what DD is doing, and reallly, she is quiet so I don't care. (if she were two I would worry about the quiet but she is 10.5) I send my kids all three to the park across the street to play and don't go with them. In my defense it is only during the day and they are always the only ones over there, but it feels pretty lazy. Especially since I DIS while they are there!:cool1: The other day, I made everyone take a nap becuase I didn't feel good and then made them go watch Love Bug while I continued to sleep. A couple of days before that, I went to bed when DH got home and didn't get back up until the kids were in bed. :rotfl:

We had a Valentine party this morning with lots of snacks and stuff. I tried my darndest to not serve lunch when we got home just after noon, but they got hungry and demanded to be fed. :sad2:

I did breastfeed but wish I hadn't with my oldest. I think her infancy would have been happier if we did bottles. I thought for a little while about using cloth diapers but then I got a diaper service for 3 months and decided no way was I washing those babies myself and switched to Pampers.:woohoo:

While DD goes to piano lessons today, the boys and I are sitting in the car and they are watching a movie while I read a book.

I outed myself on the spanking thread as a parent who is no longer spanking. (or at least trying.)

However apparently I still have idle threats. 5 year old DD was running up and down on the couch. I had told her not to many times. I was setting the table right next to it and I finally said "For the love of God STOP! I am holding a fork and I am going to poke you with don't get off the couch and sit down." She sat down.

My DH about died. So spanking is bad, but fork poking is ok????????? :lmao: :thumbsup2

(I really hope the tag fairy isn't reading this thread.) :scared:

Then the other day we were sledging and 2 year old DD had enough after about 5 min so we went to the car to watch a DVD and hang out. After about 5 min she figured out I didn't strap her in and got out of her seat and was walking around. I asked her what she was eating she said "I don't know." Turns out it was some sprees she found in the back seat. I can't remember the last time I bought them. On top of that it is winter in MI, the floors of the van are fifthly. I just gave up and said "oh." :laughing:

OMG!!!!!!! That is the funniest thing I have read all day!!!!! I almost peed my pants reading that!

I just learned my son is destined to be a wife beater....I completely give up. I hope he can find his own way to school tomorrow....I'm sleeping in.

I've been reading this and you guys are cracking me up, so now I add mine

I am lazy because...wednesday was snowy, kids still had school...but I called them in sick cause I didn't feel like getting up and dealing with the snow to get them to school! the girls loved it! 14 year slept till 11:00, 17 yr old slept till 2:00...me? I slept till almost 10am!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter