Any other Disney Dads out there...?

°O°Joe

A perfect disquise! Ha ha ha!
sorry I posted this in the wrong board... oh well, other one wasn't getting any replies... so I restored it:

I gotta admit - I'm pretty much a Disney freak, probably fit in fairly well on this board... but most of the posters on here seem to be Moms or women. I am a 28 year old male that is in love with everything Disney - and let me tell you - that doesn't exactly go over very well with a lot of people, especially my wife... I'm not sure why, maybe it makes me seem immature, or whatever... I don't know.

I like it all - podcasts, the characters, books, movies, the parks (especially), music (listen to Live365 all day at work), video and audio ride-thrus, you name it - if it's Disney I'm lovin' it. I especially love Disney "stuff" created in the "Walt era". And I share my everything Disney with my two daughters who love it just the same...

But then there's my wife - she's not all that crazy about Disney - in fact she could care less about Disney - and "goes along just for the ride"...

I guess I was just wondering if there were any other men that are as infatuated with Disney as I am, where their "other" just doesn't get it...

--Joe

Yup. Though I'm lucky to have a wife who "gets it".

Being a fan of Disney is pretty mainstream.
Guys can get away with Mickey watches, ties, polo shirts, etc.
Try telling other adults you still follow pro wrestling or enter sweepstakes (by mail and online) as a hobby.

I have been a Disney fan since the age of 4, now am 55.
for business I travel 24weeks of the year. When I take a holiday, I only want to go to either WDW or Disneyland. Needless to say this causes all sorts of issues at home. Now I find that I go to WDW and DL on my own, but that is okay.
:thumbsup2 :wave2:

45 year old dad to DS7, DS5 and DD5 and I'm the Disney nut in our house. Fortunately, my wife loves Disney almost as much as I do. But I do all the planning and make all the arrangements. I talked her into the DVC, but it wasn't a hard sell. The kids seem to be enjoying just as much as Mom and Dad ( that's an understatement by the way).

Our families think we're nuts, but we don't care, it's just too much fun. We love all the movies, souvenirs, resorts, and of course the Parks. Can't get enough of em...

dwaters said:
Being a fan of Disney is pretty mainstream. Guys can get away with Mickey watches, ties, polo shirts, etc.

I'm glad you feel that way, dwaters... but I don't know - I wore a disney hooded sweatshirt to a "get together" with my friends and their families - and got made fun of... and then another time I got grilled for having a Disney background on my desktop by friends... My wife makes fun of me all the time with friends about how I listen to Disney music on the computer... I don't know, maybe it's just my age. It doesn't really bother me - I was just curious if anyone else was in the same boat...

--Joe

/wave

Though my 6 yo daughter hasn't yet made the distinction between mass-produced Disney fare and true artistry, like the work of Carl Barks or Don Rosa, yet. Neither has my wife... But we all (obviously) agree on going to WDW about once a month :)

I am a Disney Dad on two kids. My wife likes Disney and loves to go, but I'm the one who really gets into all the planning and Disney "stuff". A lot of our friends used to give me grief until they asked me to plan their Disney trip. Now everyone is jealous of my wife that I make great Disney trips. I have planned about 20 friend and family trips over the years and all have had a great time. Do your thing thing-who cares about what others think.

Mickeygolf said:
45 year old dad to DS7, DS5 and DD5 and I'm the Disney nut in our house. Fortunately, my wife loves Disney almost as much as I do. But I do all the planning and make all the arrangements.

My story is pretty similar. I'm a 37 year old dad to DS7 & DS3, and I too am the Disney nut in our house. My wife had been to WDW twice when we got married. Now she loves Disney almost as much as me, but she doesn't get into planning very much. She leaves all of that to me, and truly appreciates my efforts. We go every year, with me doing all the planning and making the arrangments. We haven't bought into DVC, but I think about it from time to time.

Hi my name is________(insert your name here) and I'm a Disney-holic :disrocks:
I'm a 45 year old father of three kids and a career firefighter :firefight so you can imagine the ribbing I take at work about any time anything that has to do with Disney is on TV.
But, when one of the brothers plans a trip to Disney who do they come to for advice? Me, that's who.
I am a certified Disney World nut :crazy: I too listen to Live365 the moment I get home. When we sit down to dinner it's on, I drive my DW ::MinnieMo nuts with it sometimes. I have just about all the DVD's about Walt Disney World but, I'm sure I'm missing one or two.
My DW is the Disny planner and without the effort she puts forth we wouldn't have the wonderful trips we do and not spend a fortune doing it.
We are not going until November this year for the hoilday season :santa: including the Disney cruise and MVMCP :santa: party: and I can't wait. This will be our first trip during the holiday season so we are all very excited to go to say the least :Pinkbounc :banana: :cool1:

27-year-old, father-to-be of one, and I'm pretty much exactly like you OP! Sickly obsessed with Disney. :)

Though I am female, I just wanted to tell you that my boyfriend (age 25) just purchased a *life size* statue of Mickey Mouse. We are planning on a Disney fairytale wedding and DVC membership one day. You can be young, male and a Disney fanatic! Nothing wrong with you! You have something that makes you happy! Enjoy it!

I'm a 25 year old Disney addict. I'm not a father yet though. I regularly have people give me funny looks when they notice Mickey Mouse is on my watch. My wife isn't a Disney Hater but she also isn't a Disney addict either. I grew up going to WDW every summer. She resists a little when we're not at WDW but once we're there she gets into the Disney spirit. I'm hoping to convert her to the Disney way but it may take some more time.

DisneyHoneyMoon <--- as you can tell by the name, I got my way and we disneymooned at WDW.

My name is Bill, and I am a 40-year old Disney nut!

I had never been to WDW until a year ago and had absolutely NO interest in going there. Then DW decided we should take the kids. I grudgingly agreed and then........ I discovered the DIS board!

I spent a week at the world and spend (according to DW) waaaaaay too much time on the DIS boards every day.

I'll be dragging the family back to WDW in May of 2008 :goodvibes and can't wait. I'm saving money and getting ideas together.

This ends my DIS man-rant!!!

Welcome to the DIS guys!!! :earsboy:

30 years old, have live365 pay membership just for all the disney channels, have Tower of Terror background, play a ToT sim every day, am a member of 3 different disney forums, have Haunted Mansion as a ringtone, and have a wife that thinks I am crazy...lol, but she likes wdw too.

Forgot to mention I even bought ride through dvd's on Ebay to help plan :thumbsup2 our trips.

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. My father has always been a Disney Dad. As a child we went every two years since I can remember and even now we go to Disneyland or Disneyworld when we can. It is still one of his favorite places and luckily my step mother loves it as much as he does.

Another Disney Dad checking in. My kids are grown, and one is a CM(seasonal) :ccat: Last movie watched: 101 Dalmatians--BY MYSELF. Last music loaded onto my Ipod: WDW area music. Currently wearing: A WDW sweatshirt from 2000 :blush: Currently drinking: a martini in a WDW glass from Burger King :teeth: Virtually every shirt I own has some Disney logo on it(the dress shirts are the most subtle). My office has a Disney clock that has :mickeyjum :donald: :goofy: talking at the top of every hour. Fortunately DW is into this whole Disney thing too, maybe not quite as crazy as I am. :earsboy:

Yes, I am female but, my husband is one of the biggest Disney freaks I know. And I am just as bad. We have a group of about 40 family members that are as bad as we are. Literally every room of our house has something Disney in it. Not to mention, our kitchen, bathroom, office at home and our bedroom are total Disney. At Christmas time we are decorated in total Disney. My DH usually wears a shirt everyday to work that has a Disney Character on it. He also has Disney pictures everywhere in his office at work. It is so done up Disney that when some of the other employees bring their kids into work they bring them to the Disney office. And he listens to Disney music all day at work(very quietly). So see, your not alone at all, and it's so much fun to be this kind of freaky. By the way, my DH is 58 and he's always been this way.

Michele

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter