• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any other Curves for women members here?

I go M-W-F mornings as soon as my DD gets on the bus. She is home on T-TH so it is harder (but not impossible) for me to get there then. I have found that the women that go five days have much better results!

Okay, walked into Curves the morning, and guess what is sitting right in the middle of the floor, with gold bows on it? An Oblique Machine. Oh No!!! We can't use it yet because they are waiting for another recovery station, which has not come in yet.

I have used this machine before, so I know what to expect. The other ladies were so excited! All I told them was that the Squat machine would no longer be the one they hate the most!!!

I went back to Curves for the first time yesterday since well before Christmas. No oblique machine yet. However, our Curves is now under new management. I really liked the person who ran it before. Two sisters bought it from her and they just don't seem as friendly. Hope this doesn't mean a drop in membership and an eventual closing!

Going back this afternoon!:)

I think I am starting to get the swing of the Oblique Machine.
But yesterday when I walked in they had a new sign on the wall

- 99 New Member needed to get a new Pec Dec -

Our circle of equipment keeps expanding.
Does anyone else have the Pec Dec? What should we expect?

Don't know anything about the Pec Dec, but I'm wondering. Does membership need to reach a certain level to get the Oblique machine, or is it just up to the individual franchise owners?

Any Curves owners out there that know?

Naah, we've had it since the opening. It has to do with the amount of capital the owner is willing to invest, I think.

YAAAY!!! The Curves thread is back!

First thing I wanna know: CathyCanada! Have you been keeping up on going and have you noticed any improvements in your body? I'd like to know if your obliques have started to come out after two weeks like mind did.

I hope so! Welcome back everybody! I missed my IB and Curves buddies!

Hi Curves pals!!! Monday I am starting a 6 weeks challange that our Curves is starting. We will be introduced to the diet program and have to stay on it for six weeks. We will meet every Monday at 12:30 p.m. This will be hard for me, since I am a carb addict but if I can't sacrifice for just 6 weeks, then I have a serious problem!!! (I am trying to talk myself into this!) I am going to try real hard this weekend to cut back, so come Monday, I don't have serious withdrawl!

I hope you are all doing well!

You are braver than I Mrs. Potato Head. - I tried to give up carbs, couldn't do it. :(
I have cut back on carbs although. ( Although we haven't had that challenge yet )

Good Luck!

Cheryl

WOW...it's been a bit since I posted here...like a month now. I get measured and weighed again on Monday!!!!! Can't believe I've been there 2 months now. And I still love it!! Glad to see all the new people who have joined us here and have joined CURVES. We don't have an obligue machine yet but someone came from another CURVES and they were talking about it the other night. Sounds icky!!! And I HATE that squat machine!!!! I have bad knees though, and sometimes it just kills my knees...so I do leg lifts while holding on to the machine when I'm in pain. Still works my butt I figure!!!

Now, I'm curious about something - how many of you that are going to CURVES also do other workouts or workout at home on top of it???? I know a lady that is doing CURVES 3 days a week and aeorobics 3 days a week. I would think that that will not give a real accurate count when you go to be measured. Oh well....

Well...good luck and welcome to everyone!!!

Well I did 3 times last week and 3 times this week and depending on how bad my email box looks in the morning, may go again tomorrow! :)
I was there by myself mid-morning, I love it that way!

16 more days until my first measurement! :D
CC

Well, when I joined I figured I would still walk or bike at home while watching TV with hubby, but so far it hasn't happened yet.

WebmasterCathyCanda - you were there by yourself?
WOW! I can't imagine it that empty, must be kind of nice.
Ours has gotten so full since the new year that when I arrive, usually around 5:15, there are only a few empty spots in the rotation, and everybody has at least one neighbor.

yep, just me and all my friends!!! ;)
This location is only a couple of months old and I know the "right" times to go.
CC

Atta girl, Cathy! Keep up the good work! I know you'll be seeing those results soon!

I've been toying with the idea of going to Curves every other day and doing the treadmill on the "off" days. Even though we seem to get a great workout at Curves, I'm noticing my body not as agile on the stairs and think I should get more cardio into my routine.

Maybe that's a goal to start tomorrow.

But keep at it, Cathy! Congrats for sticking to your schedule!

LL you are helping keep me motivated you know! :)
Now I am thinking on off-days I can do some of the DanceFIT that I used to teach, I have dozens of videos so.... I'll get back to you on it! LOL
CC

I just came across this thread! I belong to Curves, and every tme I tell someone they've never heard about it! I've been going for four months, I've only lost 6 lbs! I do love it. I hate that they are closed from 1-3, are the ones near all you guys closed those hours? Also this past two weeks it's so crowded due to seasonal people they are really going to have to stay open longer! But all & all I've belonged to them all & I think Curves is theone I'll stick to, I also bike every night in conjunction with going to Curves 4 times a week.

I was really concerned when I joined about the hours (or lack of, I should say), but so far it has worked out good. I am really liking the workouts and have found alot of women I know belong, so we chit chat and it really makes the 30 minutes fly by! My knees have been bothering me also and I figure it must be the squat machine, so until I get some weight off, I am going to take it easy on that machine.

Originally posted by Pooh93
My knees have been bothering me also and I figure it must be the squat machine, so until I get some weight off, I am going to take it easy on that machine.

:D :D :D Anything to get out of the squats, huh? :p :p :p

Seriously though, I know women who do the squats with bad knees....they just don't crouch down as far. Maybe they just go down about 2-4 in and it'll still help build the thigh muscles. I'm not saying you MUST do the squat machine (talk to the instructor about it) but every machine has a purpose.

Gee.....that's a heck of a motivation to lose weight: if you lose weight then you'll do the squat machine! Oh Yeah! And maybe if I lose enough weight you can brand my butt with a lit cigar! :p :p :p

first - there is an alternate exercise you can do for the squat machine talk to the instructor.

2nd - my weigh in was today. 13.75 Inches and 12.75 Lbs lost total since August 16th 2001.

Cheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter