Any other Breaking Bad fans out there?

I am so excited I cannot stand it.

I will be remaining spoiler free. Do not want to know.

You are a much stronger person than I!:rotfl2: I wish I could have resisted.

Let me just say that if even half of what I read in the spoilers on TWoP tonight comes to fruition, we are all in for a wild ride (that is a major understatement!)!

The waiting is killing me! It's also going to be hard to wait week by week. I was spoiled by watching the first 4 seasons on the DVR where I could watch several episodes in one sitting.

I was talking with someone on the phone the other day from a credit card company regarding some purchase points credits. When he saw my address on his screen he said, "Oh, you're from Albuquerque. Do you watch Breaking Bad?" :happytv:

The waiting is killing me! It's also going to be hard to wait week by week. I was spoiled by watching the first 4 seasons on the DVR where I could watch several episodes in one sitting.

I was talking with someone on the phone the other day from a credit card company regarding some purchase points credits. When he saw my address on his screen he said, "Oh, you're from Albuquerque. Do you watch Breaking Bad?" :happytv:

It sounds like the credit card company guy has good taste in TV shows!

I still cannot get my friends to tune into BrBa, even though I am 100% certain that some of them would love it. (I was right when I recommended a couple of them watch Dexter because I knew they would love it -- and they did!) They just will not watch it -- something about the series synopsis bores them.

I agree about the waiting in between shows. That can be maddening. (Although, now that I've read spoilers for all 8 episodes I will know what is coming up in each one, which could be good and it could be bad!) I, too, saved everything on the DVR when I first discovered BrBa last year (4 years late). I marathoned it and watched seasons 1-4 within a short period of time. Then, the first half of Season 5 began right after that.

Lately I have been rewatching the whole series again -- both on Sundance and on AMC.

I think that Season 4 might be my favorite season -- at least, it may have made the biggest impact on me in terms of tension-building and "OMG moments." S4 started with the stellar (and highly disturbing) "Box Cutter," and ended with the equally alarming "Face Off." Also in that season was the outstanding "Crawl Space." I mean, it just doesn't get much better than that in terms of suspense and awesome acting on the parts of Bryan Cranston and Giancarlo Esposito.

Anyone who thinks that the guy on "Homeland" deserves an acting Emmy over Bryan Cranston is very wrong, plain and simple! There is no comparison between the two actors. Bryan is on a whole different level.

But I also loved Season 3 because of the creepy cousins/brothers, skulking around with their scythe and menacing sneers in tow...

In any case, these last 8 episodes look as though they are going to have some good "OMG moments." Buckle your seatbelts!

It sounds like the credit card company guy has good taste in TV shows!

I still cannot get my friends to tune into BrBa, even though I am 100% certain that some of them would love it. (I was right when I recommended a couple of them watch Dexter because I knew they would love it -- and they did!) They just will not watch it -- something about the series synopsis bores them.

I agree about the waiting in between shows. That can be maddening. (Although, now that I've read spoilers for all 8 episodes I will know what is coming up in each one, which could be good and it could be bad!) I, too, saved everything on the DVR when I first discovered BrBa last year (4 years late). I marathoned it and watched seasons 1-4 within a short period of time. Then, the first half of Season 5 began right after that.

Lately I have been rewatching the whole series again -- both on Sundance and on AMC.

I think that Season 4 might be my favorite season -- at least, it may have made the biggest impact on me in terms of tension-building and "OMG moments." S4 started with the stellar (and highly disturbing) "Box Cutter," and ended with the equally alarming "Face Off." Also in that season was the outstanding "Crawl Space." I mean, it just doesn't get much better than that in terms of suspense and awesome acting on the parts of Bryan Cranston and Giancarlo Esposito.

Anyone who thinks that the guy on "Homeland" deserves an acting Emmy over Bryan Cranston is very wrong, plain and simple! There is no comparison between the two actors. Bryan is on a whole different level.

But I also loved Season 3 because of the creepy cousins/brothers, skulking around with their scythe and menacing sneers in tow...

In any case, these last 8 episodes look as though they are going to have some good "OMG moments." Buckle your seatbelts!

I could not believe when Homeland won the Emmy last year! No one really talks about that show. Of course when BrBa won their first year, not many had heard of the show, either, but then the word spread about the great writing and acting. I haven't heard much about Homeland since they won.

I love Dexter, too! I hardly watch any TV, except for BrBa and Dexter. I am about half way through season 5 of Dexter.

I too think it's going to be an action packed, on-the-edge-of-your-seat final season. With only 8 episodes left, I don't think we'll be seeing any episodes like "Fly" in season 3.

The first episode of season 5 where they had to do the magnet trick to wipe out Gus's laptop hard drive was filmed at the police station less than a mile from my house. They did the filming around midnight. The BrBa signs were posted that evening when I was coming home from the grocery store. They had most of the street blocked off, but it was exciting to know they were all so close by. I wondered for months what that episode would be about.

Someone I know saw Jonathan Banks in the check out line at the grocery store during season 4 and told him that BrBa was the best show on TV. He smiled at her and said, "Wow, thanks! You just made my night."

Steven Michael Quezada (Steve Gomez) was recently named a school board member in the school district where I teach. Maybe I'll attend some school board meetings this year. :thumbsup2

My husband and I just started watching this show. We love it. I don't know what season we are on, but Skyler just served Walter with divorce papers. So glad it is almost the weekend so we can try to catch up more.

There are still some folks in the Television Without Pity spoiler thread for BrBa who doubt a lot of what the (very detailed, lengthy) spoilers say is going to happen over the course of the final 8 shows. I tend to think that since the spoilers are so detailed, they cannot possibly all be wrong. Maybe little details are wrong, but I think that a lot of the events outlined in the spoilers will happen -- in fact, I think I might be disappointed if some of these events did not happen! Lol. Now I have gotten my hopes up!

The main thing is -- I want to be moved in some way. I want to be shocked, or surprised, or horrified. I want to care what happens. IF these last 8 shows play out the way the spoilers indicate (even partially), all of those things will happen - for me, and for many other viewers.

I can see why Vince Gilligan said that the end of BrBa will be polarizing. That it will be.

I could not believe when Homeland won the Emmy last year! No one really talks about that show. Of course when BrBa won their first year, not many had heard of the show, either, but then the word spread about the great writing and acting. I haven't heard much about Homeland since they won.

I love Dexter, too! I hardly watch any TV, except for BrBa and Dexter. I am about half way through season 5 of Dexter.

I too think it's going to be an action packed, on-the-edge-of-your-seat final season. With only 8 episodes left, I don't think we'll be seeing any episodes like "Fly" in season 3.

The first episode of season 5 where they had to do the magnet trick to wipe out Gus's laptop hard drive was filmed at the police station less than a mile from my house. They did the filming around midnight. The BrBa signs were posted that evening when I was coming home from the grocery store. They had most of the street blocked off, but it was exciting to know they were all so close by. I wondered for months what that episode would be about.

Someone I know saw Jonathan Banks in the check out line at the grocery store during season 4 and told him that BrBa was the best show on TV. He smiled at her and said, "Wow, thanks! You just made my night."

Steven Michael Quezada (Steve Gomez) was recently named a school board member in the school district where I teach. Maybe I'll attend some school board meetings this year. :thumbsup2

IDoDis --

You know, "Homeland" is a decent show. It's even really good at certain points. The most interesting thing on the show is the relationship between Claire Danes' character, Carrie, and Brody -- not the hunt for terrorists. When there is too much terrorist stuff I get bored.

I notice that the Emmy voters just kind of vote for who they love at the moment, even if that actor is not the best in his/her category. If you were to compare Bryan Cranston's portrayal of Walter White side by side with Damian Lewis' portrayal of Brody on "Homeland," it is clear who is the better actor. There isn't even a question about it. But the Emmy people get excited for a new good show -- and Bryan Cranston has already won 3 Emmys for his role on BrBa -- and their votes reflect that.

Aaron Paul has won 2 Emmys for playing Jesse, so I suspect that the Emmy people will now be tired of him and will be voting for one of the other people in his category -- even if he is better than the other actors.

I like "Dexter" (again, just as in the case of BrBa, I think Season 4 is my favorite), and I have read all the spoilers of what supposedly happens in this final season too! (I know! I cannot help myself.) But I think it has gone on a couple of seasons too long, and a couple of the seasons were a bit weak. There have been too many times when Dexter should have been caught/discovered over the years, as everyone around him or any killer on the radar of Miami Metro suddenly "disappears." Too many people just disappeared! What is wrong with these Miami Metro people that they can't put 2 and 2 together and figure out why all of these killers keep vanishing!:rotfl2:

The good thing about "Breaking Bad" is that it knows when to leave the party. It is not overstaying its welcome. Most of its loyal viewers don't want it to end yet, but if it were to go on for a year or two more it might be overkill. "Dexter" should have left the party a while ago.

It's funny you mentioned the "Fly" episode of BrBa. From what I've read, no -- it does not appear that there will be another ponderous "Fly"-type of episode coming up in these final 8 shows...but you may be reminded of that episode in one of the upcoming ones!

I love Jonathan Banks and Steven Michael Quezada. Jonathan Banks also did a little stint on "Dexter" a few seasons ago. Steven would probably be fun and entertaining at the school board meetings!

I think that the interaction and repartee between Gomez and Hank on the show is a lot of fun. Even though Hank is a crass buffoon at times, I always got the feeling that he and Gomez really liked each other and got along.

That magnet episode you mentioned -- that was one of the ones that was not my favorite. I know that Walter is supposed to be a brilliant guy, but it just seemed sooooo outlandish and crazy to pull that off, even for him (even though it was Jesse's idea!). I thought the whole "train episode" was a bit over the top too, although it paved the way for Todd to show his true colors.

My husband and I just started watching this show. We love it. I don't know what season we are on, but Skyler just served Walter with divorce papers. So glad it is almost the weekend so we can try to catch up more.

MINILvr --

You have a lot of fun ahead of you in the series! There is a lot of good stuff coming your way.

I noticed that my neighbor (in the building next door) has been watching BrBa lately too. It looks as if he has been watching it from the beginning (I am guessing this is in anticipation of the final 8 shows coming up in 10 days). Over the last month or two, I have seen his TV on, with any number of BrBa episodes on the screen (his apartment is higher up than mine, so I can see his TV from my window), ranging from Tuco's episodes in Season 1 to the creepy cousins/brothers and "Crawl Space" in season 4.

I thought, "Yep. He's become a Breaking Bad addict too."

I only wish I could get my friends to watch this show. I know that at least their husbands would love it, if not my female friends as well. For some reason, though, they will not do it. Or I would bet that one or two of them watched one of the slower episodes and gave up on the whole series.

When I first watched BrBa, I was not instantly hooked in. I didn't love it at first because the specific episodes I watched were not the best ones. However, I jumped ahead and got to some of the better shows -- and became hooked! And then I went back and watched the whole series from the beginning, slow episodes and all!

Everyone up here does too! :rotfl:

Crawl Space. OMG, I get chills just *thinking* about the end of that episode.

That episode is certainly one of the best episodes of the whole series. Not only is that end scene just masterfully done, and the events that lead up to that scene were awesomely handled, but the scene with Gus and Walt in the desert is chilling.

Gus started out on the show with this...fearsome presence. Even though he is a calm man of few words -- a neatly attired, particular man who almost seems downright reasonable at times (as he deals with Walt's and Jesse's shenanigans) -- he has this steely presence, an aura, about him. You just know that beneath that calm surface is a sleeping giant, and that no matter how 'clean' he wants to remain (he scoffs at the creepy cousins/brothers and calls them "animals" when speaking to Mike), he will end up getting his hands dirty...er...literally!;)

I just want to clarify that spoilers won't be posted here? If not I need to unsubscribe.

I was assuming that this was a no-spoiler thread...which is why I did not post any spoilers. I mentioned that I've read spoilers for all of the upcoming episodes, and I told people where they could find them if they wanted to read them (because there are some people who do), but I didn't reveal anything in this thread.

I haven't seen anyone else revealing spoilers here either.

Otherwise, talking about episodes that have already aired in the first 4-1/2 (5) seasons is common. Those are fair game, I would think! If we don't talk about things that occurred in past episodes, then we just get a lot of us posting "I can't wait" and no real conversation. We have to have something to talk about!

It's all good. Just wanted to make sure. Honestly in a post if someone mentions "spoiler" I stop reading there. Just didn't want to bump into a surprise.

I was assuming that this was a no-spoiler thread...which is why I did not post any spoilers. I mentioned that I've read spoilers for all of the upcoming episodes, and I told people where they could find them if they wanted to read them (because there are some people who do), but I didn't reveal anything in this thread.

I haven't seen anyone else revealing spoilers here either.

Otherwise, talking about episodes that have already aired in the first 4-1/2 (5) seasons is common. Those are fair game, I would think! If we don't talk about things that occurred in past episodes, then we just get a lot of us posting "I can't wait" and no real conversation. We have to have something to talk about!

Actually there was a spoiler on this page from an older season regarding Skylar.

Actually there was a spoiler on this page from an older season regarding Skylar.

Well, there are details of older seasons in earlier pages of this thread -- all throughout it, really. Those were not off limits, to my understanding. Older seasons should be fair game and open for discussion. We can't protect everyone who hasn't watched the whole series yet. I was mainly referring to the fact that I had not seen anyone posting any spoilers for the upcoming episodes, which is what zippingalong was concerned about, I think.

I can understand people not wanting spoilers for the upcoming 8 episodes -- that makes perfect sense -- but if we can't even discuss older seasons or the episodes that have already aired, what's the point of the thread?

I can start a separate thread for those who want to discuss older seasons, but I thought this one allowed it because I never heard otherwise.

Well, there are details of older seasons in earlier pages of this thread -- all throughout it, really. Those were not off limits, to my understanding. Older seasons should be fair game and open for discussion. We can't protect everyone who hasn't watched the whole series yet. I was mainly referring to the fact that I had not seen anyone posting any spoilers for the upcoming episodes, which is what zippingalong was concerned about, I think.

I can understand people not wanting spoilers for the upcoming 8 episodes -- that makes perfect sense -- but if we can't even discuss older seasons or the episodes that have already aired, what's the point of the thread?

I can start a separate thread for those who want to discuss older seasons, but I thought this one allowed it because I never heard otherwise.

I don't think you need to start a new thread. I agree that older seasons are fair game to discuss.

Watching it on Netflix... they just had the baby/the girlfriend overdosed on the episode I'm watching.

Some of the storylines so far are supposed to be serious, but the holes make it laughable to me.

DH and I are making predictions for the future shows - trying to avoid reading current updates!

What a great first episode!!! I'm curious if any of the spoilers you read about came true for the first episode.

What a great first episode!!! I'm curious if any of the spoilers you read about came true for the first episode.

This first episode was the one that was screened for the press and media, so there were recaps of it online that I knew were accurate because so many people had already seen it.

What I'm more curious about is the remaining 7 shows. There were totally different, detailed, lengthy spoilers that I read for each and every single episode, including the finale. They were very controversial, as a lot of people didn't believe that some of the events detailed in them would take place, but there were certain things that sounded very plausible.

All of a sudden, someone came out of the woodwork to claim that he faked each and every spoiler.:scared1: He claimed that he wrote all of them and made them up just to mess with everyone and see how far he could go with it, and he apologized.

Most folks believe the "fake spoiler" story. It's also possible the guy was threatened with legal action and told to say they were fake. Of course, if I see any of the specific details he posted in any of the upcoming shows, I will know that he was probably told to say he made them up.

So now I am dying to see the final 7 shows -- both to see if Fake Spoiler Guy was really faking the spoilers and to see what actually happens in the show!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Anyway, yes -- it is a great episode tonight (I'm watching the West coast airing now, but I was on Facebook reading comments as the East coast broadcast aired!)! I actually saw a couple of random people on Facebook complaining that they didn't like it. I don't know what they expected!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter