Any one want to predict how this weather disturbance is going to play out??

I think it's still too soon to tell but i"m going to keep checking. Have to be ready for Plan B. If we don't go to Tortola and go to the Western Caribbean I'll be disappointed but still happy that I AM NOT AT WORK!!!!!!

It looks like if it goes near B.V.I. then it would be around the time we would be headed towards Tortola.......Guess, we will have to wait and see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow - yesterday there was one thing on the hurricane map - and now there's THREE!!! I hope there's nothing the 1st week of September....I have to fly the whole length of the Atlantic seaboard...

Wow - yesterday there was one thing on the hurricane map - and now there's THREE!!! I hope there's nothing the 1st week of September....I have to fly the whole length of the Atlantic seaboard...

I know but two of them seem small......Let's hope things settle down before we board the ship on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Odds are very good this tropical wave will dissipate. I have seen several others dissipate while crossing the Atlantic, and the NHC is only saying a 30 to 50% chance of development.

So... I was wrong. But the NHC is still showing slim odds of TD2 turning into a TS, and the five day cone shows a turn towards Bermuda, so I wouldn't worry at all if I were you.

going 8/22 also...too far out to look at the weather .....:confused3

Sigh. Once again I find myself saying YOU SHOULD HAVE JOINED THE CRUISE MEET THREAD! We have had a great group going almost since booking opened, activities planned onboard, and we have had enjoyed getting to know each other.

I think you guys on the 15th cruise will be fine, now i am leaving on the 22nd and that second wave could impact us. I hope they all turn out and go to sea. have a great trip.!!!!!!

I hope that we are ok and you too.................

I think it might impact us on the 15th cruise later next week!!

Well, I looked again this morning and now there's 4 on the map...but hopefully none of them cause any disruption to any of those of you that are cruising (or if it does, you get to go somewhere really wonderful or get a day or two of "free" cruising....). I fly three weeks from today, so I'll be glued to this now...(and as for the one which appears to be turning north...sometimes those ones come right up the sea board and right into the Bay of Fundy...which I am MUCH, MUCH too close to...)...although they are usually back down to post-tropical depressions by the time they get here, they still dump a lot of rain and it's windy enough to cancel flights....

I'm sure that the cruise lines are always prepared for this to happen anytime during hurricane season and already have back up plans and itineraries - :goodvibes

The fourth one out there is one that looks like it could cause some trouble for my upcoming cruise!!

Oh NOOOOOO!!!!!!!
What happens if we get stuck out at sea for a few days?? I have ressies at BWV for after the cruise!!!

Oh NOOOOOO!!!!!!!
What happens if we get stuck out at sea for a few days?? I have ressies at BWV for after the cruise!!!

I am not sure what would happen we also are supposed be SSR.................................

..sometimes those ones come right up the sea board and right into the Bay of Fundy...which I am MUCH, MUCH too close to...)...although they are usually back down to post-tropical depressions by the time they get here, they still dump a lot of rain and it's windy enough to cancel flights....

I haven't heard of that in years! DH and I drove up Nova Scotia to Cape Brenton then down through St. John and were amazed by everything in that area. We visited the echo caves and were amazed at the water level markings on the walls WAY over our heads. The crates attached to bottoms of the boats in the Bay to hold them upright when the water clears out was something to see too! It was so beautiful up there. :)

I haven't heard of that in years! DH and I drove up Nova Scotia to Cape Brenton then down through St. John and were amazed by everything in that area. We visited the echo caves and were amazed at the water level markings on the walls WAY over our heads. The crates attached to bottoms of the boats in the Bay to hold them upright when the water clears out was something to see too! It was so beautiful up there. :)

I am originally from Nova Scotia but now live in PA. It is beautiful up there and I miss it sometimes.

Well, I looked again this morning and now there's 4 on the map...but hopefully none of them cause any disruption to any of those of you that are cruising (or if it does, you get to go somewhere really wonderful or get a day or two of "free" cruising....). I fly three weeks from today, so I'll be glued to this now...(and as for the one which appears to be turning north...sometimes those ones come right up the sea board and right into the Bay of Fundy...which I am MUCH, MUCH too close to...)...although they are usually back down to post-tropical depressions by the time they get here, they still dump a lot of rain and it's windy enough to cancel flights....

I'm sure that the cruise lines are always prepared for this to happen anytime during hurricane season and already have back up plans and itineraries - :goodvibes

Hello!
We are in Cape Breton. We fly out of Halifax a week from today for a 3 day cruise on the Wonder. I wasn't planning on taking my laptop, but I think I will so that I will be able to check if anything is going to track North and head our way. When Juan hit, we had left for Toronto for a wedding the Wednesday before (and hadn't heard a thing about a storm before we left). We got to the airport on Sunday to fly home, and they told us that the airport was closed in Halifax because of a Hurricane - we thought they were joking! Luckily we got on a flight out the next morning, but we hadn't filled up the rig before we left...let's just say it was a "tad" tricky trying to find enough gas to get back to Cape Breton! :eek: Needless to say we will be filling up when we park the car before we leave next week - lesson learned!;)

:goodvibes

The Maritimes sure are beautiful, but it's not so pretty in January or during the left-overs of tropical storms:rolleyes1

And last year there was hurricane Kyle (I think that was the name) in September as well....and I remember being the last flight out of Halifax a few years back leaving for Newfoundland - I got out at 3:00PM and Hurricane Hortense hit Sheet Harbour still as a Cat 1 around midnight...but once the power is out, the gas pumps are down...we always fill up and make sure we have some extra groceries....

I'm flying out of Bangor (our fare was $202 Cdn and from Fredericton it was $700+ so for three people that was a BIG difference....) 3 weeks from today we leave...but I don't relish the thought of spending 3 hours on the road in driving rain to get there - the flight is at 6:00a.m...

Regarding TD2, the forecast still shows a turn to the north, keeping the storm away from the Virgin Islands and Bahamas. I expect the worst people on the 8/15 cruise will experience is maybe some rough seas.

Looks, like there is another one out there too brewing:: Near the coast of Africa....If this one hits we could miss V.I and CC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.crownweather.com/?page_id=325

You can email the weather geek of Crown Weather directly from his site and ask him for specifics as to when you're cruising. I should know - that's my fiance! lol :rotfl:

Regarding TD2, the forecast still shows a turn to the north, keeping the storm away from the Virgin Islands and Bahamas. I expect the worst people on the 8/15 cruise will experience is maybe some rough seas.

It looks like the storm is going to hit on Wed. the 19th to the U.S.V.I. right when we were supposed to be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter