• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any one know how labor day will be?

Toole Time in Disney

Earning My Ears
Any idea how the crowds will be for labor day. We will be there Sep2-7th with the 6th being labor day. The kids will be back in school yet it is a long weekend...which is why we are doing it. My younger sister is in college and will have just started back so we decided to go over labor day so she could have that free day. I'm sure there will be a lot more like us but I was just wondering if anyone had any expeirence with labor day? Is it as bad as the summer with the crowds?

We've done Labor Day weekend a few times. I'd say just avoid MK. Other than that, no big deal.

We've done Labor Day weekend a few times. I'd say just avoid MK. Other than that, no big deal.

Ditto. But I actually find the Sunday the day before Labor Day to be more crowded than Labor Day Monday itself. But the days before and after are very, very low crowds historically. I have pictures of the Epcot sign boards with the longest wait time being around 15 minutes from the last couple of years (Soarin maybe up to 30 minutes).

It depends a lot on whether or not we will have a hurricane that weekend.

We've gone the last few years on Labor Day Weekend. Labor Day, in my opinion, is not crowded at all. The Sunday before is more crowded, but not bad. Last year on the day after Labor Day, I have a picture showing the wait time for Soarin' at 5 min!! :cool1: I like that!

It depends a lot on whether or not we will have a hurricane that weekend.

:eek::scared1: BITE YOUR TONGUE!;)

That is the week I will be there so I am optimistic that there will be great weather, low crowds and no ride breakdowns! pixiedust:

It's not too bad.
Still a little warm but most kids from up north are just starting school, while this is a big weekend for locals.
It's nothing to worry about though. MK would prob be the worst.

We were there a few years ago and even MK wasn't bad.

Seriously Cheshire Figment is a ticket guru and knowledgable expert but as far as I know he doesn't have any insider info on the weather, people its a comment, not a promise of things to come.

FWIW we have done Labor Day for past 8 years, its slow and short lines. We never found MK that much worse than the other parks but Epcot is great for any day crowds might be larger, it absorbes tremendous amounts of crowds. The years we have had hurricaines it was dead in the parks a little rain and wind but no lines.

It was delightfully empty last year. I wish I could go again that week this year, but I am 'stuck' going the first week of free dining.

Waits were only for Soarin, EE, PP, RnRC and TSM. Other than those, waits were under 10 minutes, many walk ons.

1) How is WDW on Labor Day?
. . . hot
. . . humid
. . . good chance of afternoon rain
. . . medium sized crowds
2) Most vacation people have gone home, as school already started.
3) The locals (I mean, "us locals") come out.
4) MK is the busiest, but not bad.
5) The Other parks are great, crowd wise.

:eek::scared1: BITE YOUR TONGUE!;)

That is the week I will be there so I am optimistic that there will be great weather, low crowds and no ride breakdowns! pixiedust:

My thoughts exactly, we are there the same week. NO HURRICANES PLEASEpixiedust:

1) How is WDW on Labor Day?
. . . hot
. . . humid
. . . good chance of afternoon rain
. . . medium sized crowds
2) Most vacation people have gone home, as school already started.
3) The locals (I mean, "us locals") come out.
4) MK is the busiest, but not bad.
5) The Other parks are great, crowd wise.

This sounds like a very accurate and precise statement.

Toured over the LD weekend in 2003. Spent most touring at Epcot and crowds were not a problem, but on Sat. park hopped to M.K. for evening touring. On arrival, discovered that more were enter the park than leaving...worse than at park opening. A charity event had rented the entire DHS park for the night. Standby for Pooh was 70 minutes by 7:30 PM. A CM commented that it was not that crowded during the 4th of July. This may not happen every year, but if you are burned by a hit like this, it makes you think twice about holiday visits, even the minor ones. :surfweb: Do your homework.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter