Any one have the Crispy Honey Chicken at the Yak & Yeti?

Jlampley

Mouseketeer
I know this is a very specific question, I'm trying to find something I think my kids will enjoy. Have you had it? Is it good? Will most kids like it?

My kids are picky eaters and not normal eaters of Chinese food. They both loved the Honey chicken. It's basic small fried chicken tenders with a sweet sauce. No veggies and nothing that looks weird to a picky kid. It was more than enough for an 8 and 10 year old to share and they are big eaters. We had lots of leftover rice. DH also tried a piece and liked it but not as much as the spicy chicken thing he ordered.

I got this for myself and my kids really liked it. my 2 year old wouldn't touch it but he only eats pizza. But the then 4 and 7 year olds ate most of mine:)

In my opinion it is a very bland honey chicken. If your kids like chicken nuggets, they will like this.

It's ok for park food, but not a must eat by any means.

Mmm, sounds yummy! This dish actually sounds like Sweet and Sour Chicken from Thai food restaurants.

My daughter is 13 and very picky. I wanted to try this restaurant next time. This sounded like the only item I thought she might eat...I hope I can talk her in to it. Thanks :)

My dd and ds loved it. And ds (4) is brutally picky about some things.
It was a really good change from pizza and burgers :)

Here's a picture, I love it.:thumbsup2
Florida2007b029.jpg

In my opinion it is a very bland honey chicken. If your kids like chicken nuggets, they will like this.

It's ok for park food, but not a must eat by any means.

I agree! Very bland. It didn't help that it wasn't very hot, either.

My 10 year old had some of mine in August and ever since we got back that is all she talks about and wishes I could find it here at home. I think your kids will love it!

I enjoyed it, it's definitely not really exotic and doesn't beat a good sesame or Tso's from my local Chinese joints, but it's not too bad for theme park food. :)

This is one of my favorite meals at WDW. I've only been to Yak & Yeti twice, but the second time I didn't try anything new because I loved the Crispy Honey Chicken too much. I'm a bit of a picky eater myself, but this meal is just right. It's not too bland and has enough flavor to be delicious, at least by my standards. I wish I was eating it right now :cloud9:

This is one of my favorite meals at WDW. I've only been to Yak & Yeti twice, but the second time I didn't try anything new because I loved the Crispy Honey Chicken too much. I'm a bit of a picky eater myself, but this meal is just right. It's not too bland and has enough flavor to be delicious, at least by my standards. I wish I was eating it right now :cloud9:

Same here! I've had the crispy honey chicken twice on two separate visits! It's awesome!

We ate at the Yak & Yeti counter service a few days ago. Normally, I don't eat Chinese food but ate there because that's where my DH wanted to eat lunch. I ordered the honey chicken, and it was awesome! It was one of my favorite meals.

Both my DDs (13 &14) loved the honey chicken and the 13 year old is VERY picky. She is so excited to get some more honey chicken in 14 days. BTW we ordered it without veggies (as I said VERY picky). ;)

I actually liked the chicken, the honey sauce not so much. I just put soy sauce over it to mask the taste.

I would agree with those who said it was bland but disagree (respectfully of course ;) ) with those who said it sounds like sweet and sour chicken. I was a little disappointed in how dry it was, guess I was hoping for a bit better quality, though everything else was excellent!). That being said, I think it is probably a very good choice for kids because it wasn't too exotic or spicy. :thumbsup2

We just called last night to make reservations at Yak & Yeti. I had heard it was a good place to eat in Animal Kingdom, but I didn't even realize it was Chinese Cuisine. Well, after reading here, the Honey Chicken sounds pretty good. It must be a popular restaurant, because 2:30 was the first reservation time available on Sat. Oct. 18th. Wow, I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:
Pomcoach:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter