Any one ever injured in DW parks?

eagles1281

Die Hard Philly Phan
I was there April '07 and got hurt at Blizzard beach. I got hurt on the Tobogann Racers.
You know the grid on the top of the slide?
Well my big toe got into the grid and when I pushed off, my big toe nail ripped off.
Yeah, Nasty.

Ouch! Your poor toe!

We've never been hurt at WDW, but my son did get hurt at Canada's Wonderland back when he was seven. He was riding a rough wooden roller coaster, happened to look one way, the coaster went the other way, and wrenched his back badly. I think that could happen anywhere.

It took a long time before he stopped hurting - almost a year. So we're going to have to be careful with the coasters this year. I have a bad neck and we're going to have him follow the same rules I did when we visited WDW last time. Put your head back on the rest, if there is one. Look straight ahead. Don't tense up. Stay loose. And if you feel tight after a ride, then stretch out and take it easy for the rest of the day.

Disney's got fewer of the "extreme" rides, thankfully!

Not at Disney, but Universal...my mom went to sit down and slipped right off and broke her wrist in two places. They were AWESOME to her and took her to and from the hospital and we were staying off property at a rented house. They even paid for all her medical bills, physical therapy and her prescriptions. And it was all her fault haha!

Yep, about 18 months ago at MK I slipped on duck "dirt" right outside Buzz, where Tom Tomorrow used to me (Monsters laught place thing now...). The handler for Buzz was there and called for a Manager, who never showed up.
I landed very hard on my right knee, which I had had surgery on a few months earlier. The handler finally helped me and my DH to the nurse station over by Casseys. The nurse put ice on it and offered me light pain meds, Tylenol, or asprin. She was great. And NOT happy that it had taken almost 20 min for us to get there, and that the Manager had never showed up. I spent over an hour there befor she thought I was able to go. She wanted me to go to the ER and offered to get me there. But I had a brace and better meds then she did... so I took that and did a lot less that trip then we had planned.
The nurse also filed an accident report. And told us that she thought someone would be contacting us. Nope, never happened.
Disney has never gotten back to me for anything, an injury, lost camera, lost diamond... good job report on a CM... complaint that food was raw...
On the other hand they did find and hold my VISA and I do love the place and they have like a few quad zillion things going on each and every hour, so it must be hard to keep up with it all!

DW sprained her ankle pretty badly last December in MGM and we were directed to the nurses station up front and they were great. Very friendly, gave her some pain killers and warpped her ankle in an ace bandage, gave her an ice pack and a strap to hold it in place. Let us stay as long as she wanted with her leg propped up.

I sprained my ankle at CBR in 1991. We were walking down the stairs and I missed the last step and twisted my ankle. It turns out the light at the bottom of the stairway was burned out so I didn't see the step. The manager came up and brought me ice and extra pillows and offered me a ride to the ER. We were flying home the very next day so we decided to wait. I ended up having a torn ligament and had to wear a cast for 3 weeks. The CBR manager had filled out a report the night it happened and gave it to the WDW claims department. They were great. The claims rep. called me every week or so to see how my ankle was doing. When the treatment was done, they reimbursed us for all of my medical bills plus a little extra. We didn't get back to WDW until last year and everytime we used stairs my husband would remind me to be careful!

I fell down an entire flight of rain soaked stairs at Dixie Landings. Sat there for about 30 minutes, unable to get up. No one came to help or called anyone. My back was bruised and sore for months--still isn't entirely right ten years later. I figured it wasn't their fault it had rained and the stairs were so wet and slippery, so I never reported it.

A few years ago, the sidewalk in Epcot FW jumped up and tripped me (not like I'm a klutz and just tripped myself by not picking up my feet on a spot-Oh, No!) I went into Electric Umbrella to get water to clean it off, then learned how really kind they are at the First Aid station. Also, a couple "suits" saw me and were real nice offering to assist me. Needless to say, I was so embarrassed, I just shooed them off. However, I was really scraped up for days, both knees and elbows.

Early 80's I was bucked off of and stepped on by one of the horses are Tri-Circle horseback riding trails. ( my parents did not try and sue or ask for anything )

They( the guide ) made be get back on the horse , since we were still a bit from the ranch, ( I was not happy about that ! )then they took me in the bed of a pick-up:confused3 to first-aid.

Many members of my family have horses and I want NOTHING to do with them still to this day.

I sprained my ankle and knee pretty badly after my Croc was sucked into the top of the moving walkway at the top of TTA.

I had to through myself forward for it to dislodge. It was scary.

Even scarier was the way Disney treated me. They did get me a wheelchair but wanted my DH who walks with a cane to push me to the entrance. All I wanted to do was get back to the car but I could not get there by myself. Finally DH gave me his cane and we walked slowly back to the car. The ramp at the Monorail was torture.

When DH complained, he was offered passes to MNSSHP, we did not want to stay at the park for 12 hrs (it was 10 am when it happened) he kept trying to tell them he just wanted help but they would not help.

Well, I missed 2 days at the parks that trip so they lost out on money in the long run.

I don't blame them much, I guess they have to deny as much as possible to not get sued. I just wanted a lift to my car...

On 11/01/07, it was a windy night, thanks to hurricane Noel. Gabby and I changed our planned night out at DTD/PI to a night at the MK to watch Wishes. We staked out a great spot on Main Street and as the fireworks started bursting, the debris began to be pushed towards Main Street by the winds. I felt something fall on my face, but it wasn't hot and didn't bother me. Gabby on the other hand, ended up with a speck of debris in her eye the size of this.... o ....needless to say, it hurt her and her vision was very blurry. She also complained of smelling sulfur. I removed it in the light of the ice cream parlor. I then had to help drag her through the crowds to first aid. The LPN working that night was really sweet, his name was Bill. Bill flushed her eye and gave her a cold pack. We also got some drops to use to flush out her eye before bedtime. Her eye was bloodshot, red, and swollen by the time we got to guest services to file a report. The CM at guest services was helpful, but all business, which is what they have to be, which is a shame that people can't just be nice for fear of inviting a lawsuit. I got directions to the hospital in case the eye looked worse in the morning. Luckily, it looked much better, but it wasn't totally normal looking until about 3 days later. She says it's still a little weird feeling, but not enough for her to go to the doctor. She hasn't felt like wearing contacts again, which she had thankfully not used that night either.

Lesson learned.....never watch fireworks on a windy night without being a really safe distance from the action. Maggie

Not in the parks, but my little girl fell in downtown Disney last week. They have those walkways where water randomly shoots up, and needless to say it was wet. She fell down with one leg twisted under her. Someone came out of one of the nearby stores (Once Upon a toy, I think) and they called a paramedic to look at her. It took maybe 15 minutes or so, but someone came and checked her out. Her upper thigh is still bruised/scraped a week later. The person from Once Upon a Toy gave her a pin, which was really nice of him. I was just so glad she wasn't hurt worse, it could have been really bad.

On our Feb.'06 trip, me and my daughter were a little banged up. On the way back to the Pop Century aboard the Pop bus from MK, our driver decided that paying attention to the road ahead was not too important. We were seated at the very back of the bus, directly in the middle. As we were coming up to the Pop's gate, the driver did not slow and the bar was still down across the street. DH and I are watching ahead and think "lord, he's gonna ram it". Needless to say he never slowed and the CM in the gatehouse did not raise the bar....so the driver slams on the brakes, throws me and DD to the ground of the bus. The gate goes up by mear inches while we are still face first on the floor of the bus. The driver never apologized or even said a word. I was fine but DD hit her head and had scraped up knees. Later I contacted Disney by email. They called and apologized and that was it. Nothing more or less. Needless to say, we don't sit in those seats anymore. It still bothers me that nothing was said about his driving. Thank God we were ok....should that had been elderly or someone with a handicap, it could have been truely bad.

This past Sept I fell on the bridge from Tomorrow Land to Main St. They were doing construction and had a small ramp over part of the bridge. Coming off the ramp I slipped and fell hitting my head pretty hard. It had been raining so was extra slippery. It was pretty scary. CM's were there in no time and then paramedics. They offered a trip to the er but I didn't feel it was necessary. I was very sore for a few days. I too was surprised that I didn't hear from Disney to ask if I was ok. Oh, I while I was on my back a little girl came down the ramp and slipped. Her mom had her hand so she never hit the ground. :)

About 10 years ago we were going into the cafe in EPCOT near the big fountain and the wind was blowing pretty strong we all walked in but low and behold my ds about 5 at the time slipped at the entrance to the cafe (there was water from the fountain all over the floor ) no mat down either he slipped landed on his back. The cm came over and called a manager right away. My ds was ok he got right up and was walking fine when the manager came she wanted us to go to the care station be he said he was ok and wanted to go on more rides. The cm brought him and my dd a huge bag of gummy bears and they brought my dh and myself free cake and coffee. It was very nice of them to treat us so nicely, I was happy it was not an elderly person who fell that may not have turned out as well.

Last December we were at MGM. It had been a little wet that morning and my DS who was 4 needed to use the restroom. My dh took him to the one closest to the Muppets fountain. When they walked in there the floor was SLICK! There was not a sign or mats. My ds went down...hard. Thank goodness he wasn't hurt. We told the first CM we saw to call someone and tell them to put mats down or something. About 2 hours later we were passing that restroom again and he needed to go..again. Sure enough it was still slick and no sign or mats. My dh said you could see puddles in the floor. It wasn't raining so I don't know why the floor was still wet. He held ds hand and walked carefully to the stalls. DS started to slip again but my husband grabbed him. We promptly left those bathrooms and headed straight for guest services. We explained the situation and the she just looked at us. She called someone and relayed the information, but you could tell she didn't care.

Wow thats really surprising, I thought they would be untop of those things. But I guess there are always employees that just don't care!!!!!

When I was about 12, I got very dizzy on the Teacups at Disneyland, and fell off of the saucer when exiting the ride. I just remember my dad giving me piggy back rides everywhere that day. I don't remember being aided by any CMs, but it wasn't a huge deal. It was just a bit of a sprain.

A few years ago in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon - I was helping DS ( 6 ) in the pool - somehow he ended up on my back - body surfing me into the ground. Alifeguard pulled him off my back so I could get up ( and breathe ) and I tore a huge chunk out of my knee. It was NASTY. The floor of that wave pool is very very rough !

A few years ago in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon - I was helping DS ( 6 ) in the pool - somehow he ended up on my back - body surfing me into the ground. Alifeguard pulled him off my back so I could get up ( and breathe ) and I tore a huge chunk out of my knee. It was NASTY. The floor of that wave pool is very very rough !

My husband had the same problem at BB. He was also helping our DS6 and somehow my son pushed him right down to the bottom of the pool. He scraped all his back on the bottome. It was very sore. We had to go to First Aid and he had it dressed. He was still sore a couple of days later and had scratches still a few weeks after.

The bottom of the pool is very rough (too rough), needless to say we haven't visited BB since.

The place must be jinxed. On our recent trip, we made friends on the way on the plane. We bumped into them during our trip and found the the wife had broken her collarbone at BB!!! If I remember correctly it was on one of the bigger water slides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter