• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any one been "stuck" in the Orlando Airport (MCO)?

Jacquelyn11

Mouseketeer
We are planning to return on 5/5 (sunday) from a long w/e at WDW. My DH and one son have FF miles tickets for the 9pm flight. My other son and I are using buddy passes and the schedules do not look good. We may end up on the 5:45am flight Monday morning!!

Does anyone know of an out of the way corner in MCO that we could rest overnight? We could take a room nearby but it would only be for 5 hrs max and dosen't seem worth it.

Never been stuck in an airport before!!

Jacquelyn:D

I've taken 7am flights from MCO and the place is dead. Just find an empty corner and set up camp. Unless you start a fire or something, you should be fine. :)

2 Years ago we were stuck there when our return flight was delayed and then canceled...to make a long story short our bags ended up on another flight but we didn't and we're stuck in Orlando until 7:00 am the next morning with no bags.

We stayed around the airport for a few hours and then ended up at the Hilton at Downtown Disney for a quick night. It's not close to the airport but it was better than staying the airport all night.

We were in Orlando during senior week, my girlfriend and I got a early flight to Philly, but friends got on two hours later, they got on the plane about to take off, when the flight was aborted and they all had to get off the plane cause the weather in philly was bad. They were stuck there for another five hours until they got on a new flight. Sucks to be them.

Yes, I would get a room at the Hyatt onsite at the airport and you would be way more comfortable.

Herc.

I've spent the night at MCO on two occasions because of early flights. The airport is deserted. There are cleaning people but it is relatively quiet. With a flight that early and considering the time you would have to get up to get to the airport a hotel is kind of a waste of money. You pretty much have the main concourse to yourself so lots of places to sleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter