Any of your kids started hockey yet?

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
My son (first year novice) started hockey last week. Already!!
And he has 2 ice times this week, and one next week.
It is only September!
Oh well, guess this way we will get our $350 worth!

They are also tiering at this level. Wild hey!!

Hockey season, here we come!!

My DD has already played in a mini- tournament and has another booked in a few weeks. Gotta say though- I love it.

My nephew started AAA tryouts in Winnipeg on Saturday. And he had a hockey camp through the summer. But I belive it has begun... :cold:

When I played when I was younger we started in Aug with tryouts and such we usually had our first exebition games early Sept.

DH is a big kid and he's been playing 2x/wk all year-right through the summer. DS doesn't start for another 2 weeks.

My little guy will be trying out for Level 1 or 2 this coming Sept 17. This is the first year that the Surrey Minor Hockey League takes 4 yr old. Here's to the beginning of a new Hockey Mom. :cheer2:

joliejacqueline said:
My little guy will be trying out for Level 1 or 2 this coming Sept 17. This is the first year that the Surrey Minor Hockey League takes 4 yr old. Here's to the beginning of a new Hockey Mom. :cheer2:

Why would they make him try out. All kids here get to play at that level. They do not try out till Atom where they have rep teams. I don't like the was they tier some places either. Here, they evaluate the kids and then split the teams evenly. When we play tournaments and another town has tiered their teams all or our teams whomp one of their teams by at least 20 goals and generally lose to the other. I can't see that being fun for their losing team.

Yes, I stand to be corrected. My son (4) will be attending 3 sessions where they will be placed either in Level 1 or 2. All children get to play no matter what. They will be looking for children who may be able to play in level 2. Anyways he's sure looking forward to playing. Use to sleep with his hockey stick.... and he's so happy the Canucks will be back. Probably last year we can bring him in for free. He usually sits on our laps and he is still small 38" and is always yelling Go Canucks Go. :bounce:

Got the call last night. DS is on the ice Sat. and Tues. next week for evaluation. The coaches evaluate the kids and rank them into A B and C categories. The kids are chosen so the teams have the same amount of each group. Then during the season, The A line plays against the A line, The B against the B and C against the C. A good system to keep the kids playing against kids of the same skill level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter