Any non automatic flush toilets?

laura&fam

Your stunned silence is very reassuring
Are there any hand flush (not automatic) toilets in DL or DCA?

We've tried all the tricks like toilet paper over the sensors and everything but it's been 4 years and we're still dealing with this frustrating issue. Just hoping we don't have to trek back to the hotel.

I believe the Tiki Room or possibly by Mr. Lincoln. That being said, I would try explaining how the toilets work and why places use them, i.e. to save water, to make it more hygienic, etc.

on every automatic sensor toilet, there is a small button that you can push to flush the toilet when you are done. No more waiting around to see if it will flush. sometimes the sensors take too long to activate itself. :thumbsup2

I use post-it notes--works like a charm DS is terrified of auto-flush. If you have a toddler, they also have miniature toilets in the Baby Care Centers in both parks. DS loves that--a real toilet but close to the ground and smaller.

The manual flush toilets are:
AAA Kiosk on Main Street, U.S.A. (South of City Hall)
Plaza Pavillion
Tiki Room
Hungry Bear Restaurant (not urinals)
Matterhorn Way/Path to Alice (not urinals)
Village Haus (not urinals)
Big Thunder BBQ
Tom Sawyer's Island - Mill Dock
Tom Sawyer's Island - Fort

Check out The Happiest Potties On Earth! (I didn't write it, I just love it)
http://www.mouseplanet.com/potties/index.htm

No info for CA Adventure though.

Amen to the post-it note trick! It really helps for fearful little ones who are a bit slow to do their business. Also, just a warning: the automatic flush toilets in the Napa Rose are really LOUD. So even if you use the post-it and all goes well until you manually flush, the loud noise can scare the daylights out of a toddler. And then you can be back to square one all over again. Sigh.

I use post-it notes--works like a charm DS is terrified of auto-flush. If you have a toddler, they also have miniature toilets in the Baby Care Centers in both parks. DS loves that--a real toilet but close to the ground and smaller.

The manual flush toilets are:
AAA Kiosk on Main Street, U.S.A. (South of City Hall)
Plaza Pavillion
Tiki Room
Hungry Bear Restaurant (not urinals)
Matterhorn Way/Path to Alice (not urinals)
Village Haus (not urinals)
Big Thunder BBQ
Tom Sawyer's Island - Mill Dock
Tom Sawyer's Island - Fort

Check out The Happiest Potties On Earth! (I didn't write it, I just love it)

No info for CA Adventure though.

Thank you! This is great info that I'll take with me.

My son isn't a toddler he just has serious issues with going to the bathroom that we thought he would have outgrown by now. We've tried talking to him and all the tricks but it's a psychological issue now that we probably need to deal with. I just don't want it to ruin our trip and it can be very frustrating especially for my DH who is the one who has to deal with it.

If you don't bring any post-it notes stickers work just as well. Lots of CM's, especially those at the DVC kiosks, have rolls of stickers that they dole out to children.

Not only am I bringing post it's but I'll be bringing noise reducing head phones for the fireworks and will probably put them on her in the bathroom because the toilets scare her to death too.

I saw this link on another thread.
Then you can click where it says "Manual flush guide"

They describe all of the bathrooms in Disneyland. You can search through the bathrooms by land and it tells you how many stalls, how many sinks, what types of flushers they are and some other details. They also have a rating system! I'm not sure how accurate the reviews are, since I can't find a date on the website, but hopefully the toilets haven't been replaced since they did the reviews.

If you don't bring any post-it notes stickers work just as well. Lots of CM's, especially those at the DVC kiosks, have rolls of stickers that they dole out to children.
You really have to further explain how to use the sticker - if you peel off the back entirely and use it and leave the sticker over the sensor, the toilet won't automatically flush for the next person. You have to only peel away the top part of the sticker so you can remove it when you are done. Please make sure that you completely remove the sticker for the next person.

This is a fascinating thread. I did not realize kids are frightened by the automatic flush.

I used to think my kid was just a freak but apparently there are lots of kids who have the same problem. Although my son seems to take it to a whole new level.

The automatic flushing toilets weirded my Nan and I out when we went over. Never have I ever seen them in New Zealand! We ended up waiting around 5 minutes just to make sure the toilet ACTUALLY flushed. I felt silly standing in the cubicle waving my hand over everything that could possibly have been a motion sensor. Oh well, at least i'll know for next time :rotfl2:

This is a fascinating thread. I did not realize kids are frightened by the automatic flush.

Then I guess you have never been in a stall next to my kids! They both scream "Ahhh! Monster's gonna eat me!" when the toilet flushes!

Why would you want to touch a handle

I doubt they want to touch a handle! They just don't want the automatic flusher to startle their child. Children are often too short to block the sensor, so the toilet will flush while the child is still sitting on it. This surprises the child, who then jumps off the toilet screaming and runs away with pants around their ankels! :rotfl:

DD5 asks every time "will it flush by itself?" before she goes into the stall in a public restroom. Now she's at the age where it still scares her, but knowing it may flush on its own helps a bit.

I just want to say that I understand what you are dealing with. My 8 year old daughter goes hysterical if the toilets are autoflush. We bring a sweater to cover the sensor as she doesn't even trust a post it note. Even then if they are loud flushers she needs me in there with her to cover the sensor myself and to uncover it once she has left the stall.

I thought I was alone with my DD3 being scared of autoflush. It also doesn't make me feel good that some people have children who are 8 or 9 years old still going through the problem. Thanks for the list. I'll try to remember them, but when nature calls we usually don't have time to consult a map.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter