• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any news on Norway pavillion

Travellerman

Mouseketeer
I read quite a few months ago about the Norway Pavillion at Epcot redoing its movie, but haven`t heard much since. Any news on whats happening?

Yes I need to know about this too. My wife loves the Malestrom, and was so excited to take me to it the first time that we had to get fast passes, and then we came back to a 5 minute line...she still loves it though

This past wednesday it was still the old one. We didn't stop to watch it, but I could tell in passing it was the old one.

The rumor of a new movie has been floating around for a good 10 years. While I do enjoy the charm of the old movie (I'm one of the few who actually sit and watch the whole thing) I'm ready for a new one. I just doubt a new movie will increase the crowds at Epcot so where is the ROI for Disney? Unless the Norwegian government is paying for it, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Maybe if they revamp all of the movies it will keep people in the world showcase longer, actually increasing the roi for the while park. Many visitors may be skipping the ride now because its dated. Time in the park increases revenue, period.

The ROI I see, if Norway is indeed still funding maintenance of Maelstrom, would be an increased desire on the part of Americans to visit Norway. Wasn't that the original purpose of the WS movies?

According to the following article, the Norway pavilion at Epcot opened in 1988 with sponsorship, but Disney has been solely responsible for the Norway pavilion since 2002:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2012/01/norway_pavilion_part_one_1.html

I'm sure the Disney Company would love to have a sponsor willing to pay for an update to the movie (and to Maelstrom too). But there's been no sponsor for more than ten years, so any enhancements would have make ROI sense for Disney.

Ill chip in $5 toward the new Norway movie. I'll even double that to $10 if they kick Norway out of the World Showcase and put in Sweden or Denmark.

Imagine a replica of the VASA or the "real" little mermaid in the lagoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter