Any News On Monorail Hours?

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
Heading to the Poly Sept 8-18 and was wondering if there are still shortened/modified monorail hours on the resort and/or express beams. Will we be able to make morning rope drop at EP and MK using the monorail?

We were there a couple of weeks ago. The resort monorail never appeared to be closed while we were there, but the express monorail was usually closed mid-day. Also, the Epcot monorail was having issues, but they fixed it.

Last week the monorail was down every morning that we wanted early entry into the parks, and the sign said operating at 8:30 AM. To be honest, the bus rides to Epcot were way quicker than using the monorail and had us to the park in plenty of time.

I can also say that for the week we were there were no issues with the service until yesterday. The Express monorail as well as the resort loop monorail experienced a breakdown. At the same time. I would not have cared but we had to catch DME and I hate to be rushed.

I'm leaving now.

If i didn't read these boards, I would have never known there were any issues with the monorails.

Very prompt and on time. Little wait (if any) and very quick.

I'm leaving now.

If i didn't read these boards, I would have never known there were any issues with the monorails.

Very prompt and on time. Little wait (if any) and very quick.

That sounds encouraging....

That sounds encouraging....

If your biggest concern is issues with monorails, you're going to have a great trip!

I had lunch twice at Contemporary and it was monorail after monorail. No problems.

I monorail-resort-hopped Monday night and again, no issues and no waiting.

So will the Poly have current info on the monorail schedule when we check in on Tuesday? And will there be extra buses if we can't make rope drop to EP or MK via monorail? I am assuming that the shortened schedule is still in place.

I was there Aug 18-26 and we had issues with the monorail both magic kingdom days. It wasn't open from the TTC until 930 am and when we left the park both days, it was not running either(around 2-3 pm) They were rerouting everyone to the buses or the boat.

Last week the monorail was down every morning that we wanted early entry into the parks, and the sign said operating at 8:30 AM. To be honest, the bus rides to Epcot were way quicker than using the monorail and had us to the park in plenty of time.

I can also say that for the week we were there were no issues with the service until yesterday. The Express monorail as well as the resort loop monorail experienced a breakdown. At the same time. I would not have cared but we had to catch DME and I hate to be rushed.

I am so ok with a bus if it gets me to rope drop. To the best of your knowledge was there always an early Epcot bus at the resort? Or was it only there when the monorail was down?

This is the latest info I could find. But its only through the 5th.
Magic-Kingdom-Monorail-Adjustments.jpg

I am so ok with a bus if it gets me to rope drop. To the best of your knowledge was there always an early Epcot bus at the resort? Or was it only there when the monorail was down?

We only went to Epcot tha early one time, bu thtere was a bus running. WE saw one the day before when we wee waiting for the MK bus for another early breakfast. That bus ride was so much shorter than using the monorail! I do nto think they will have a bus if the monorail is up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter