• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any news on converting TS credits to CS for Free Dining?

DoctorK

Mouseketeer
With free dining starting today, I'm looking for an announcement from Disney that they will allow trading 1 TS for 1 CS + 2 Snacks. That's what they allowed last year, and I believe they announced it in the first few days of Free Dining, when people were having trouble with ADRs or walk-ups at TS restaurants.

Any news?

Did the plan last year let people use TS as QS all the time? Because I know you can use your TS credits at any QS as a default on this year's plan, but never looked at dining before this year.

I'll be happy for you guys, but I'm going to be so mad if they do that, We upgraded to deluxe dining because we knew we would end up needing more meals and snacks, if I knew we would have had 2 extra snacks/day I wouldn't have done that.

mistysue - they're only looking for free dining, or the basic DDP. When you upgrade to the Deluxe from Free Dining, you're credits are interchangeable (like they would be if you pay full price for the Deluxe Dining plan)

Unfortunately, I think we may need to wait a few days for the answer on the basic Dining Plan. It would surprise me if anyone has admitted defeat and is swapping out credits on day one. :laughing: (unless a kind Dis'er is kind and inquires at Concierge for us sooner rather than later) :goodvibes

Did the plan last year let people use TS as QS all the time? Because I know you can use your TS credits at any QS as a default on this year's plan, but never looked at dining before this year.

I'll be happy for you guys, but I'm going to be so mad if they do that, We upgraded to deluxe dining because we knew we would end up needing more meals and snacks, if I knew we would have had 2 extra snacks/day I wouldn't have done that.

Not sure what you mean, here. Last year during Free Dining you could use a Table Service credit at a counter service, and you were also given two coupons for snacks in the exchange. It's not a "default on this year's plan". We've been twice already in 2009 and they were very clear about the credits being different & not swappable.

Yeah, I think misty was thinking about the Deluxe Dining Plan, where meal credits are good at TS or CS.

I was there last year, and if I understood it correctly, the exchange from TS to CS could only happen in the parks, and the extra snack was only available where and when you got your CS meal.

So IOW, if you went to Cosmic Rays for dinner and used a TS credit for it, you chose two dessert items or an extra fries, and you had to get them when you ordered your meal.

Maybe my travel agent just didn't know what she was talking about then (AAA).
She told me that for the free dining you get 1 TS and 1CS per day, but that both of them could be used for CS if you didn't want a TS. Because we thought we might want more snacks and sometimes another meal, we upgraded to deluxe so it was already paid for and we didn't have to worry about not spending money. I'm saying if I knew they would convert a TS to CS AND extra snacks, I would have just kept the free dining so that annoys me to learn later that it was a better deal than I was told.

Then again, almost everything AAA has told me has been wrong so I shouldn't be surprised.:confused3

She may have just been trying to be conservative. Pretty much all the time people are allowed to convert a TS to a CS straight off. During free dining, the past few years, they've offered something additional - a free pin, an extra snack, or whatever. Since this has varied and wasn't announced until after FD started each year, there is no guarantee Disney would do it again this year (or what the offer would be). So she was probably correct in telling you you could use a TS as a CS but not promising anything else that might not come true.

I'm saying if I knew they would convert a TS to CS AND extra snacks, I would have just kept the free dining so that annoys me to learn later that it was a better deal than I was told.

It's a something Disney has done for the past few years but only during free dining, and though we are hoping they will do it again, there is no guarantee. It depends how booked the restaurants are.

I was there last year, and if I understood it correctly, the exchange from TS to CS could only happen in the parks, and the extra snack was only available where and when you got your CS meal.

So IOW, if you went to Cosmic Rays for dinner and used a TS credit for it, you chose two dessert items or an extra fries, and you had to get them when you ordered your meal.

You were misinformed. We ate at Cosmic Ray's and then used the 2 snack coupon at the candy store on Main Street. We ate at our resort's food court and used the 2 snack coupons at Goofy's Candy Store in DTD. Last year not only did they offer a 2 snack credit they also offered a lanyard starter kit, or a mesh backpack. We still went with the snacks.

That is untrue. You were given vouchers for 2 snack credits that could be used anywhere that accepts the DDP.

OP, I finally decided to call a resort (Pop Century) and ask. The CM said that bookings (with the extra restaurants figured in) weren't enough this year to put the exchange policy in place.

That is untrue. You were given vouchers for 2 snack credits that could be used anywhere that accepts the DDP.

OP, I finally decided to call a resort (Pop Century) and ask. The CM said that bookings (with the extra restaurants figured in) weren't enough this year to put the exchange policy in place.
bummer. Sure wouldn't know it from my attempts to book Sci Fi on 10/2!!! Booked solid and has been since my 90+10 which was 4 days earlier!!!

I am currently at ASMO and have not heard of TS exchanges for CS and 2 snacks. But then again I have not been to a park yet. I will be sure to post if I hear anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter