• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any News on Castaway Cay

Have a GREAT time on your cruise and enjoy CC:bounce:

I hope the weather improves for you. Takes lots of pics at CC and fill us all in when you return. In the meantime - realx, sit back have a drink and enjoy your cruise :wave:

I took the picture of the CC Cat (earlier in this thread) in the lunch area. I cropped out some white sand from the bottom of the picture. If you walk into the left entrance of the lunch buffet hut, after you go through you are facing (on the left of the hut) an area of picnic tables. To the right of them, tucked away, is a little cove of 3 or 4 tables, surrounded by foliage. That's where we sat. It was quiet area, and out she came from under the bushes. Looked hungry and sad, probably a well-practiced look! I don't know if this is the hangout area for her, but if we make it there next week on our cruise I'll ask the CMs on the island and report back.

I definitely missed something here! When did the CC cat appear and where did it come from? This thread was the first I had heard of him/her. I'm glad they were able to evacuate the cat because I hate to think of any helpless animal out there in those conditions!

Originally posted by over50visits
It was quiet area, and out she came from under the bushes. Looked hungry and sad, probably a well-practiced look! I don't know if this is the hangout area for her, but if we make it there next week on our cruise I'll ask the CMs on the island and report back.

Yes, if Castaway Kitty is anything like my Mocha, she's been perfecting her "desperate hunger look" for quite some time!

If you think of asking while you're there, I'd love to know if she has any favorite spots. My life will finally be fulfilled if I can come home from my October cruise with my own pic of the Castaway Cay Kitty! LOL

I'll let you know what I find out. I may not be there for a couple of reasons, though. Jeanne may push us away from CC (I'm on the 9/19 Wonder, CC day is Tuesday, just when Jeanne might be right at CC).

Second, they now tell us our SW Georgia home may flood next week when Ivan stalls in northern Albama/Georgia. We might have to stay to fix that.

Oh well, book during the hurricane season, and there might be a hurrican to mess up your plans. :)

Oh my goodness I'm hoping for the best for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter