Any news on Castaway Cay? Please post here if you hear anything

I'm very glad all the CC crew made it through safely, including Thigman's daughter.

I'm sailing on the Dream on 10/21 and I'm anxiously awaiting word on what condition Castaway Cay is in.

See you all on the 17th and we will be on Castaway Cay! Enough of the death and destruction, this isnt the Weather Channel. The Bahamas got a storm, it was not nearly as bad as predicted, all has been well for days. Port C is business as usual, no damage. WDW no damage...Lets Go!

NOT AS BAD AS Predicted????? Don't get you DUDE! CAT 4 over the Bahamas, worse storm on record for strength at one point!!!!

WOW

I heard on Saturday that hurricane Matthew came and went and that Castaway Key is not under water and that the skeletal crew rode out the storm in a storm shelter with the kitty. . There was very little Damage Done however it is a bit of a mess there is tree branches all over the island. Not sure when the first passengers will be allowed on the island

The Dream that is out there now is going to have a sea day tomorrow and then stop at CC on Thursday. They are working to make it "ship shape" and ready to go. :)

Have we had any reports in? Did the Dream dock there today? Sorry, I'm a tad ahead as I'm in the UK. Can't believe we sail on Monday!

I've seen a couple of posts on FB groups and Dream has docked at CC. It looks as beautiful as always :goodvibes

Claire :)

I was on the 10/10 Dream. We went to Castaway on Thursday. I've only been there one other time so I'm not an expert but I didn't see any visible damage.

Overall, it's there, it's fine and we had beautiful weather for our visit.

I found the water just a bit cooler than I thought it would be, but then I guess that is dependent on one's individual taste.
The island looked fantastic!! They did an excellent job getting it all back together. The only glitch was swiping your card for things took a few minutes longer than normal. Honestly it was Disney magic how good the island looked!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter