Any news on Castaway Cay? Please post here if you hear anything

The skeleton crew on Castaway Cay... anybody know their Twitter handle? Would like to follow if possible
Disney would never allow social media posts. Your talking about the corporation that has a tighter grip on communications to the outside world than any other......Unless you knew an individual who might be there and got their handle.

I was set to sail on 10/7 on the Magic out of NYC. When they announced a Canadian itinerary, I was able to re-book on the 10/29 sailing in a concierge room. There was a cabana available. Of course I booked it! Joy for 5 minutes! Yes! A Cabana!!! Please little cabana, please still be there! (And yes, I am well aware: First World Problems).

I sailed on the Magic during Frances and Jeanne back in 2004. Our cruise was the only one to get into CC the whole month of September. It actually fared much better than one would expect, everything was just really brown. Assuming there are no major problems, I would expect CC would be back open within a week of crew being able to get back there. Of course, if the storm comes back, that changes everything.

We sail 10/15 on the Western Fantasy with CC on 10/21 if it happens... after reading this thread I am beginning to think the CC stop it is quite doubtful. :(

Feel pretty guilty about feeling so disappointed to miss CC on our first ever cruise and celebration of my inlaws 50th anniversary. I know so many have and will suffer so much more than a missed port.

If we can sail, I know it will be a blast regardless, but we have all been quite pumped up about Experiencing CC.

STAY SAFE DISERS!

Last edited:
We sail 10/15 on the Western Fantasy with CC on 10/21 if it happens... after reading this thread I am beginning to think the CC stop it is quite doubtful. :(

Feel pretty guilty about feeling so disappointed to miss CC on our first ever cruise and celebration of my inlaws 50th anniversary. I know so many have and will suffer so much more than a missed port.

If we can sail, I know it will be a blast regardless, but we have all been quite pumped up about Experiencing CC.

STAY SAFE DISERS!
You said exactly how I feel. It's not our first cruise but it is our first Disney cruise. I feel bad about being disappointed. We sail on the 15th too but we are on the Magic out of NYC.

STAY SAFE DISERS!

You said exactly how I feel. It's not our first cruise but it is our first Disney cruise. I feel bad about being disappointed. We sail on the 15th too but we are on the Magic out of NYC.

We also sail on the 15th on the Fantasy... I was afraid to even think about our cruise. At first I thought hurricane Matthew will be a thing of the past by the time we sail... But now I have my doubts too. I'm trying not to think about it. It's pretty much on a day by day basis at this point.

The island was completely evacuated from what I heard, so I'm not sure we will have any news for awhile yet.
NO THE ISLAND WAS NOT EVACUATED, THERE ARE STILL 80 PEOPLE ON IT, THEY HAVE LOST COMMUNICATION SO VERY STRESSFUL FOR FAMILIES TRYING TO GET HOLD OF THEM!!!!

STAY SAFE DISERS!
Same for us. Our first cruise and our first Disney cruise.

NO THE ISLAND WAS NOT EVACUATED, THERE ARE STILL 80 PEOPLE ON IT, THEY HAVE LOST COMMUNICATION SO VERY STRESSFUL FOR FAMILIES TRYING TO GET HOLD OF THEM!!!!
I heard the people were evacuated. I'm sure DCL sent them somewhere safe.

MUN

Disney would never allow social media posts. Your talking about the corporation that has a tighter grip on communications to the outside world than any other......Unless you knew an individual who might be there and got their handle.
That was my first thought too but if you check out her twitter, there would be no guest able to post a castaway cay photo like she did (showing an empty beach) unless she was a CM... it also appears others on twitter refer to her as a CM... and it also appears to be her own personal twitter where she's complaining about her BF's treatment on a delta plane... sooooo I'm assuming she's an innocent CM who has a twitter account and once Disney discovers that she has guests following her they'll find a way to shut her down lol

I heard the island was evacuated as well. I can't imagine that there are still 80 people there based on everything I've read.

Well it sure sounds like this poster might have a family member that is there, and they can't reach him/her. Hence the new name, and looking for answers?

My understanding is there are regularly somewhere between 100-200 CMs living on the island. Most were evacuated last week. There is a skeleton crew, likely considered a Ride Out team, who did remain on the island -- how many are part of that Ride Out team I don't know.

@THIGMAN I hope your family member is safe and that you'll hear from them soon :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter