Any new info on Buena Vista Palace???

Hi, I'm looking for info. on this hotel too as we are staying there next month. We booked an Island Suite and it's suppose to in the area that's already renovated.

My gf and I stayed at this hotel in August and it is beautiful!! We stayed in the main tower on the 15th or so floor and it was great! I was extremely impressed by the rooms. My jaw hit the floor when I walked in, esspecially since we only paid about $120/night for the room. I've stayed at several hiltons, marriots and sheratons in FL and this by far beats them. We had a King size bed and the bedding was nicer than the Big 3's bedding. The bathroom and shower were very nice. The shower was glass and looked very elegant...for a shower. The room was half carpet and half tile (not fake). The room also had a 32 or 36" Plasma screen tv which was great!!! The balcony was tiled and very nice furniture on it. I was very impressed and would stay at this hotel again without question. Not to mention I would definetly drop $200/night for this hotel. Well worth the money.

At the time, the remodel was coming along and they seemed to be near completion. The bar on the top floor was being renovated and was not open, but that was in August and it is probably finished by now. If you have concerns call and ask them how it is coming along.

I only stayed at the hotel for a night so I didn't use the pool area or the spa. I walked down by the pool and it was a freeform pool. If I remember right it had waterfall and pool bar.

Again, I can't say enough nice things about this hotel. When we first arrived (I live 2 hrs from orlando), our room wasn't ready yet (it was before 2pm) so they offered to call me as soon as a room was available. I thought that was very nice of them.

I hope this helps and enjoy your stay!!! :banana:

I'm glad you had a good experience with BVP!

We had originally booked it for our upcoming trip through onlinehotels.com and got a great rate. Then when we called BVP about their Best Rate Guarantee (which turns out is no guarantee at all), we got the run around. I ended up getting two different answers from two different agents, then when I sent emails to the hotel management, they went unanswered. Bottom line, we were so PO'ed at the ineptitude and lack of concern for their guests that we went with a different hotel. Actually, we ended up with POR which we wanted from the beginning, so it worked out good for us. I'm glad to hear that their hotel and their service are better in person.

Hope you guys with upcoming trips have a magical time!! :wizard:

I just booked this hotel for this coming weekend. How far it is from DTD?

bstnsportsfan said:
My gf and I stayed at this hotel in August and it is beautiful!! We stayed in the main tower on the 15th or so floor and it was great! I was extremely impressed by the rooms. My jaw hit the floor when I walked in, esspecially since we only paid about $120/night for the room. I've stayed at several hiltons, marriots and sheratons in FL and this by far beats them. We had a King size bed and the bedding was nicer than the Big 3's bedding. The bathroom and shower were very nice. The shower was glass and looked very elegant...for a shower. The room was half carpet and half tile (not fake). The room also had a 32 or 36" Plasma screen tv which was great!!! The balcony was tiled and very nice furniture on it. I was very impressed and would stay at this hotel again without question. Not to mention I would definetly drop $200/night for this hotel. Well worth the money.

At the time, the remodel was coming along and they seemed to be near completion. The bar on the top floor was being renovated and was not open, but that was in August and it is probably finished by now. If you have concerns call and ask them how it is coming along.

I only stayed at the hotel for a night so I didn't use the pool area or the spa. I walked down by the pool and it was a freeform pool. If I remember right it had waterfall and pool bar.

Again, I can't say enough nice things about this hotel. When we first arrived (I live 2 hrs from orlando), our room wasn't ready yet (it was before 2pm) so they offered to call me as soon as a room was available. I thought that was very nice of them.

I hope this helps and enjoy your stay!!! :banana:

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at this hotel! One question please, I'm taking my 70 year mother in a few weeks. We are booked in an Island Suite but not in the towers. Is staying in the towers more convenient and less walking? (thinking about my mother here) Thanks!

are there fridges in the rooms - if not do they have a shop where they would sell milk - individual sizes?? - thinking that we could eat cereal in our rooms before we head to the parks in the morning???

Scot-n-Michelle said:
are there fridges in the rooms - if not do they have a shop where they would sell milk - individual sizes?? - thinking that we could eat cereal in our rooms before we head to the parks in the morning???

We had a refrig in the room last weekend and they do have a little store on the first floor that sold milk and stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter