• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any more word about DVC catalogs?

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
I thought a few months back somene mentioned DVC would be putting out DVC merchandise catalogs? Anyone heard anything?

Thanks!

That was me who mentioned that after our late Oct '03 trip :)

One of the DVC CM's at DTD told me that they would be sending out merchandise catalogs "soon" when I questioned him where I could get the DVC light up necklace he was wearing.

I hope it does indeed happen as I would LOVE to get my hands on one of those necklaces, and I am sure some other DVC items too :)

I am keeping my fingers crossed that he was right!

I remember seeing on a post once, that back in the early days of DVC (1990's) they had a catalog of some sort. I really hope they bring it back! ::yes::

Right now, if I need a DVC merchandise fix, I have to go to DVC or try to pick it up on E-Bay. :earsboy:

I seem to recall a one or two page catalog of sorts that they used to send out with the regular mailings in the early days when only OKW was around.

There was a catalog at some point in the past, I have a copy in my files behind me somewhere. I seem to recall it being 4 pages total with t shirts, jackets, mugs, buttons and the like. The prices were very high and I'm sure that caused a lack of interst for members. The reason DVC discontinued it was lack of response. IMO, the lack of response was due to the high prices and lack of variety over time. Even now the selection of member and Club specific materials are at a low compared to years past.

The last DVC logo Merchadise Catalog was in 1994 and, as Dean mentioned, it included shirts, bath robes, caps, mugs, pens and lots of other logo stuff.

None has been published since and the selection available at the resort stores has certainly been limited.

Here is a glimpse from the past. Enjoy!

<a href="http://disneydoc.homestead.com/dvccatalog.html">1994 DVC Catalog</a>

Our family loves the DVC backpack that came with our membership purchase. I'd be delighted to buy another, but I don't know if they're for sale anywhere.

Oh yea, that's it. I know I still have it somewhere in my DVC file which takes up more room then it should. I think I have saved everything I ever received from them. I even have the box and the original VHS tape that was given to us back in '92.Needles to say DW thinks I'm insane> :crazy: :earseek:

Originally posted by rocketriter
Our family loves the DVC backpack that came with our membership purchase. I'd be delighted to buy another, but I don't know if they're for sale anywhere.

You can usually find them for sale on eBay. I assume they are being posted either by members who don't use theirs, or by folks who put a down-payment and then change their minds.

There is one for sale now, although the price seems a bit high. I won't post a direct link, but if you search for "backpack" and "Disney vacation club", you should find it.

One can often find a variety of other DVC items on eBay as well.

At the December 2, 2003 Beach Club Villas annual meeting, merchandise was discussed.

They are coming out with a new line that includes womens styled tops, small shoulder bags etc.

When asked about a catalog, they said that it most likely would not happen. I told then about the requests that were showing on this website for the merchandise to become more available. They are going to consider putting the merchandise on the DVC site so that everyone can see what is available. They do not want to get into the email shipping business, but at least you can see what items are available.

The interesting thing is that WDW already has a Merchandise Mail Order arm through which individuals can purchase items found at any of the resorts or theme parks.

If SOMEONE could produce a catalog showing the DVC-logo items which are sold at the resorts, it stands to reason that MMO could actually handle all other aspects of the purchase. The real problem is that there is no one place to go for a list of items, item numbers and prices for the products already available.

it's the prices that are the problem! When we were there in January, I looked at BCV for something with the DVC logo on it. My options were limited and I'm sorry, but I'm not paying $55 for a polo shirt with embroidery on it!!

Maybe WDW should know the lack of response is related to finances, not to desire. There's got to be a way not to hold us hostage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter