Any more recent reviews of LeCellier's dinner?

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
It's been 2 months since the Signature switch at dinner, and I am still having a hard time deciding between lunch and dinner due to the small number of reviews. New menu looks great, and the one new review I read was very positive and enticing, so is it being consistently good?

I am interested to hearing a response too as we have ressies June 1st for dinner and I would love to know if it is worth 2 dining credits.

I've had dinner 3 times at Le Cellier, and I thought the food was consistently great every time. Before trying the new dinner, I didn't like LC very much - my lunch experiences there were all mediocre to bad.

However, because I want to give a more fair impression, here are some caveats:

-I didn't go for the steak. I enjoyed the duck, cod, and salmon. Two of these three entrees are no longer on the menu, to my surprise and disappointment. My mom really enjoyed the mushroom filet (and she's not a big steak person either), but I can't say much about it.
-OOP, I felt the food was worth it. On the DDP, I'm not sure. Those same credits could get you Narcoossee's lobster, an incredible meal at California Grill, or a giant porterhouse at Yachtsman. If you plan on getting the cheddar soup, mushroom filet, and maple crème brûlée like 90% of people and you're on the DDP, you could get the same stuff at lunch for half the price.
-Choose wisely - don't make yourself order the standard LC dishes. I'm not a fanboy who gushes over the cheddar soup and mushroom filet, as I think other items on the menu are better. The lobster chopped salad and steak tartare are two great appetizers. The poutine side dish is amazing - french fries with white cheese curds, red wine reduction, and truffle salt. There's plenty of good dishes on the menu.

Friends of ours just did LeCellier on Thursday. (We went to Shula's!!)

Expensive, but the steak (they both got filet well done, no apps no dessert)) was good. They said the tables were impossibly close together--they could have easily eaten from the table that was right next to them. So ambiance was definitely lacking...

We will be dining there next Tuesday... I'll be sure to come back with a full review!

I am interested to hearing a response too as we have ressies June 1st for dinner and I would love to know if it is worth 2 dining credits.
We will be dining there next Tuesday... I'll be sure to come back with a full review!

Would love to know what you guys think. My ADR is not until September, but due to free dining, ADRs are getting snagged, so I don't want to wait until last minute.

I've had dinner 3 times at Le Cellier, and I thought the food was consistently great every time.
I read your reviews and I was very intrigued. I would order one of the new dishes if I tried it for dinner. Unlike many who find the new menu dissapointing, I thought it sounded pretty good.

Friends of ours just did LeCellier on Thursday. (We went to Shula's!!)

They said the tables were impossibly close together--they could have easily eaten from the table that was right next to them.

We ate at LC last year, and the one think that I flat out disliked was that I felt like we were dining with the table next to ours. And if they were interesting people, I would not have minded dining with them, but that was as good of a match as the matches found on an episode of Wife Swap. :scared1: The table on our other side were very nice folks, and we would up chatting with them quite a bit! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter