Any more news about the Hero's Lunch?

Tink n Poohbear

Mouseketeer
I had heard there is a special Heros' Lunch on Mother's Day that features male characters like Peter Pan, Hercules, Aladdin, etc. Kind of like the Princess Breakfast, but for boys. Does anyone know if this is going to be extended beyond Mother's Day?

I asked WDW-DINE when I called for other PS, but ther person I spoke with didn't know.

We're going at the end of this month and I know my son (age 3) would LOVE this. He thinks Mickey and Pooh are okay, but he really loves the "human" characters.

I was told last week when i called and made PS for the PSD in Epcot on Mother's Day that Mr. Incredible and Hurcules will be there for the "moms"

christih said:
I was told last week when i called and made PS for the PSD in Epcot on Mother's Day that Mr. Incredible and Hurcules will be there for the "moms"
You just made my day! Mr. Incredible and Hercules too!!!! I can't wait till Sunday! Yippeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! :)

When I talked to a CM last week I was told "officially" That there are no plans to make this meal permanent. After saying that he then told me that this was a "Trial Run" for for a new meal possibly in MGM. So hopefully that will happen , but you never know with Disney

Oh please Disney Gods, make this permanent and make it a good boys meal!!! DD has the princesses at two meals now, DS would LOVE a boys meal! He would freak out if Mr. Incredible were there- but will they do this- he is soooooo tall? Guess we'll find out after Sunday who was there! He'd also LOVE Woody and Buzz- but I guess not, people have been beggin for that for years. Hopefully it will be good, and like the princess meal at Epcot last year, it will be made permanent!

We will be there on Father's Day, I wonder why they aren't offering this for that day too!
DJ

Oh I hope this stays! This would be so great!! I emailed Disney on this a few weeks ago and got a cookie cutter response that someone would get back to me and they never did! Please Disney, add this meal for our boys!!!

Let me just say too, if any Disney higher ups read this, please, please, please add a meal that is themed a little more towards boys!

That would be wonderful :)

I have 2 little boys who would love a character meal more boy-oriented. They love the Incredibles, Woody, and Buzz.

I don't have any children, but could I please get a character meal featuring Tarzan? PLEASE?!?!!? :p

Oh and add in Hercules, Gaston, etc.

Oh and um...I think little boys would enjoy these characters too! Yeah, that's it! ;)

Oh so with you on the Tarzan thing :love: . I think its been tried many times to get Disney to include a boys meal. Mothers Day is definately a step in the right direction, so lets see what happens...

Claire

Another mom to two boys hoping for a boy's meal. It would be great. Are there any character meals in MGM right now?

Mandabella said:
I don't have any children, but could I please get a character meal featuring Tarzan? PLEASE?!?!!? :p

Oh and add in Hercules, Gaston, etc.

Oh and um...I think little boys would enjoy these characters too! Yeah, that's it! ;)
I read that is why this Hero thing is happening on Mother's Day. A treat for the mom's :love: Can't wait to hear what it was like.
:rotfl: aboiut Tarzan. When that live action movie came out my friend took her kids and I asked how it was and she replied "I couldn't tell you anything about the movie except that Brendan F. had his shirt off in about 95% of the movie-that alone is worth the price of admission" :rotfl:

I'd love to see something for boys. Ds has been to every princess meal there is for the past three years (not that he really minds - he has a crush on the princesses) but he really loves Buzz. Turnabout is fair play you know.

I remember going to the Villian Meal but I think it scared to many kids. Captain Hook was very intimidating. Hero is the way to go. :banana:

It is all about Money....lets face it if we here on the DIS are more then willing to go to a Hero meal ....based on just the responses in this thread...Think of how many others out there would go? They could really use a meal in MGM and the Hero theme would be perfect! We would probably pick this meal over any princess meal (and we have a DD and DS). Someone in marketing needs to take note :)

I don't have any children, but could I please get a character meal featuring Tarzan? PLEASE?!?!!?

LOL! My DH says that's the only reason I've been petitioning for a boys themed meal - but I know my son would love it too!

scanne said:
LOL! My DH says that's the only reason I've been petitioning for a boys themed meal - but I know my son would love it too!

The guys have been able to dine with Princess Jasmine for years. I think it's only fair we get Tarzan! :rotfl:

Of course my DH wants a Jessica Rabbit character meal... :rotfl2:

But seriously, I wish Disney would wake up and realize there are boys out there and there are "tomboys" out there too. Not all girls are into the princess stuff.

MAKMOM41 said:
I remember going to the Villian Meal but I think it scared to many kids. Captain Hook was very intimidating. Hero is the way to go. :banana:

This meal was a blast. We got some great photos of characters with "attitude". I wish they would bring it back, but just be sure and tell people when they call for reservations that it is a meal with the villians so tiny children might be intimidated. However, when DS was little, he loved this meal; but all kids are different. His favorite holiday is also Halloween...he likes the creepies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter