Any MISTAKES made on past trips?

Ordering iced tea, only to find out they forget to put sugar in it in the USA and it tastes vile. Then ordering it again multiple times since it is my drink of choice and I keep forgetting.

If all tea was pre-sweetened, I would not be able to order it. I'm glad this option is offered most places now.

The biggest mistake was forgetting to pack a change of clothes, I guess people would be more encouraged to ride Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids, and less discouraged by the rain...

Not buying the super-awesome-giant-do-everything-from-the-movies-only-available-at-our-resort Buzz Light Year for my daughter any previous day of our trip except the last. Hubby went to buy it as a Christmas present after we checked out while I put DD in the car. The guy in front of him bought the very very last one in the entire Disney World. It was a special item which had been produced only for a short time after the 3rd movie.

This has been a great thread to read.

We're going with my parents this time and I am a bit worried because my dad does NOT ride any rides and all the rest of us love to even my mom, 63 yo. He also has a bad hip. But we rented him a scooter and he is a people watcher so hopefully he will be happy waiting on his scooter with the bags while the rest of us ride. He will love Animal Kingdom and all the shows. Keep your fingers crossed...

We're going with my parents this time and I am a bit worried because my dad does NOT ride any rides and all the rest of us love to even my mom, 63 yo. He also has a bad hip. But we rented him a scooter and he is a people watcher so hopefully he will be happy waiting on his scooter with the bags while the rest of us ride. He will love Animal Kingdom and all the shows. Keep your fingers crossed...

We went a few years ago with my dad and his wife. My dad didn't ride most of the rides and used a scooter (he has a stroke a few years back). I felt guilty the first day or two, then realized that since it was his first trip he was really happy people watching and taking pictures. I guess what I am saying is that he will be happy just to be there with you and watching you. :)

Only taking one pair of shoes and getting blisters the first day. No matter how much breaking in you did with a pair of tennis shoes a Disney day can still give you blisters.
We bought moleskin at the gift shop but had no scissors to cut them with!
Now we take at least two pairs of shoes, blister band aids, moleskin and a small scissors.

I also one time forgot my prescription medication on the way to the airport. We still went back home and made our flight, but now my DH makes me show him my bag of drugs before we leave!:rotfl:

And don't sit on the bus next to an adult holding a redfaced sick kid. It's better to stand up to get away before the child's lunch ends up all down your arm

-Going to WDW over the 4th of July weekend, or any other time MK will likely close to capacity. I have never seen so many people in one place in my life
-specially doing the above with someone that hates heat and crowds (DH)
-taking a 2 1/2 yo to Pirates of the Caribbean, never seen DS so scared in my life

We are going next year, end of April/ beginning of may, still debating whether taking a 4yo to Pirates....

I can't agree more with the above post! We've been during Easter weekend and I know it's not nearly as busy as some other holidays. If the others are worse than that, count me out!

I'd rather have heat over crowds any day.

Another mistake I'd say is bringing too much into the park. Now I only take what I have to take...my mantra these days is less is more.

Went with family who........... didn't realise it was going to be hot, didn't realise you had to walk at disney and that you had to drive everywhere and were in their bed by 9 every night snd they sulked the whole time

ruined our holiday totally and it was the first time abroad since DS accident. still really upsets me.

so....................... going ourselves next year :)

Sorry you had a poor experience! Happens to a lot of us... you really cannot conceive of how hot and humid it gets in Florida until you visit for the first time! The heat can really zap the energy and "the happy" out of people who aren't used to it - as a Florida resident annual passholder I see it all the time! Hope your next trip is better!

Becky

Riding Mission Space before an evening planned at World Showcase.

Ruined the rest of the night and still felt sick the next day! NOT WORTH IT!

Staying at Epcot to watch Illuminations.

Not getting a Food & Wine festival pin for every year we've gone.

First year we went, we rented a car to go to a Target to buy food while on the dining plan .. We had no idea how much food was included in the dining plan until that trip. Now, we can't not have the dining plan for when we go to WDW.

Off To Neverland :stitch2:

:dumbo:

Disneyland Resort annually Spring Break 1993-2000, Caribbean Beach Resort July 2001, Paradise Pier Resort 2009, November 2014, Grand Californian April 2010, Pop Century Sept 2012 & Sept 2013, Disneyland Hong Kong July 2013, Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Villas & Universal's Cabana Bay Sept 2014, Pop Century & Disney Dream Feb 2015!!

Our first on site/multi-day trip was last October. First time on Disney transportation. Day 1, we took the bus to DtD, shopped, ate, had a great time. The plan was to take a bus to the Contemporary and ride the monorail or walk to MK for MNSSHP. Well, we found the bus stops at DtD, read the sign for the specific stop for the Contemporary, and got on the first bus that stopped. As soon as it started going, I realized our mistake. There are 4/5 resorts at each stop. I thought each bus stopped at each resort listed. No, each resort has its own bus! We were on the wilderness lodge bus! No big deal. We just got off at WL and got on a bus for MK! Made it in plenty of time!

Making FP+ too far away from the next. At MK, make FP either in the same land or in a neighboring one,

If you or your companion is a smoker, consider nicotine gum or patches.

. Thought of this after we got home,would have saved a lot of time and pain.

If you use child swap in combination with fast pass it is awesome. You can actually fast pass 6 rides that way instead of 3 by booking 3 fast pass for 1 adult and older child while using the child swap for the other adult. Then booking for the 2nd adult and younger child for three other rides but have the older child use the younger ones magic band for these rides and child swap for the other adult.

We pushed too hard to get the parks 'done', then were exhausted and cranky at the end of the day. So I never saw fireworks. Not a mistake I'm planning to make again. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter