Any Milwaukee Dis'ers out there?

JoNo

<font color=blue>Proud Duct Tape Patroller with th
Why am I asking? B/c my GF has a week-long education & employment seminar / convention to go to, and we need help in finding things for her to do. She likes museums & art galleries & the like. Also neat dining places & all. She'll be going from the 9th to the 15th of may. Also, what's the weather like around that time? Any special activities that go on around that time?

Thanks in advance!

Well, there are a few web sites she could check out, but one good one is www.onmilwaukee.com.

The weather could be anything during that time. Rain, snow, warm...who knows! Tell her to pack some sweaters though, as the nights will be cool for sure.

Depending on where she is staying, there are some wonderful restaurants. Also, our art museum is fabulous.

Too bad she won't be here during Summerfest at the end of June. I'm not sure if there's much going on in May, but the above web site should help her out.

I hope this helps somewhat. I know there are some other Milwaukee DISers out there...maybe they will be more helpful.

:wave:

Milwaukee has great museums.

The art museum (www.mam.org) was remodeled in 2001 with an addition designed by Santiago Calatravo that has received world-wide acclaim.

The Milwaukee Public Museum is also a good visit. (www.mpm.edu) Right now they have a traveling exhibit of Egyptian treasures. If I remember correctly this is the exhibits only North american stop so there are large amounts of visitors. Due the that, they are offering timed ticket entry to this exhibit so it's best to order the tickets ahead of time. The exhibit is supposed to be fabulous - larger than King Tut's exhibit was. There's also an Imax theater.

Those are the two biggest museums, but there are all kinds of smaller places. As far as restaurants, there are far too many fabulous places to list. We have everything from Indian to German to Italian to Mexican. Just do some research on the the Milwaukee websites and you'll find plenty.

Lisa

I have not gone to the Milwaukee zoo in years, but really liked it ! Not really a museum, but very enjoyable. I also remember liking the brewery tours :p but that's really not what you were looking for, just remembered it was fun.

Well Tanya just called me and instead of de-lurking (I know you're reading this) she told me to make some changes. It will actually be the 16th through the 21st and she'll be staying at the hyatt there. I say just toss ANY idea you have out for her as she'll read them all!

Men! ;)

I will be staying at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center from May 16th- 21st.

Thanks everyone for the ideas! I'll definately be checking out the MPM for that Egyptian exhibit, it look's fantastic!

It's still snowing in May?!? I'm a Florida girl, born and raised and I'm not suited for cold weather! :teeth:

Thank you all for your help, and please keep it coming!

princess:TanyuhKayPoo

Weather Related - If the wind is off the East (Lake Michigan) it can be very cold.

At the hotel, look for a brochure for the safe house (bar), I don't know where it is, cause it is suppose to be a secret. I saw Rachel Rae went there when she visited Milwaukee. Her show is on the Food Channel $40 a day.

My son and daughter just took a tour of Miller Brewer. (So-So).

On Water street the "Water Street Brewery" is a fun place to eat.

We are Chicagoans, but used to go to Milwaukee just for some fun. We like the Miller Brewery tour, and for a great meal, try Mader's (I think that's how it's spelled).

Ann:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter