Any magical moments?

Im gonna tell youse about my moms best.wee bit long but stick with it......

We lost my dad 10 years ago.

He was a typical old school blue collar worker.

Showed how much he loved his family by working hard and providing,not so big on the laughs and hugs......

Then he discovered WDW.

My dad was a different person there.

He didn't ride many rides he just soaked up the place.

He so got the magic and the magic got him.

Anyways our first family trip back without him was very hard.

We decided the best way to deal with it was to point out fun times we had had with dad as we went round the parks.

On our last night my DH and i took DS to get some character Autographs in Toon Town and my mom sat on a bench way round back waiting.

She got a wee bit teary sitting herself.

Then she felt some one sit next to her.

It was Donald...my dads favourite character.

We always joked they were so similar...as in moody and grumpy.

He took my mums hand and just sat with her.

He sat with her a wee while and as she felt better he kissed her hand and just got up and walked away......leaving a white feather on the bench.

To help the kids remember my dad we told them if they ever find a white feather it is one of Grandads Angel feathers and he must have been watching them.

Pretty Magical I think.

Oh my goodness....I'm all teared up. What a lovely thing to happen to your mum, just when she was feeling low:hug:

Some lovely stories:love:

I have a few to share (well the ones I can remember:rolleyes1)

The 1st time we took DD's the oldest wasnt quite 3 and youngest was only 9 months, and we walking around Epcot one day and oldest DD just started to run in the opposite direction, when we turned to see what she was doing, there stood on his own was Mickey Mouse, she ran to Mickey and have him the biggest bear hug you had ever seen, it was just like something you see in the Disney adverts on TV

One evening we were waiting for Spectomagic and was sat on the pavement outside the shops on Main street and some CM came and spoke to both of our DD's oldest was 6 and youngest was 3, they asked there names, were they were from etc then went away. About 5 mins later about 6 CM started walking towards us (I was convinced we'd done something wrong and they were going to ask us to leave:scared1:) anyway they said that the girls had been chosen to turn off all the lights on Main Steet for the Spectro Parade, they took them into the middle of main street, gave them both fairy wands and started a countdown, when they reached 1, the whole of the lights went out, and the music and parade started and DD's were covered from head to toe in "Mickey Head" fairy dust, to say DH and I between us didnt have a dry eye was an understatement:)

Another time was the 1st time we did a DCL, youngest DD was only 5 and wanted "Princess Dresses" to wear in the evening for dinner. She received sooooo much attention that once we had got off the boat and carried on our holiday(we still had another 3weeks left), she insisted on wearing her dresses every day to the parks(there wasnt much left of them by the time we came home), anyway Christmas Eve we decided to go to MGM (sorry it was called that then, and cant get used to HS). She decdided on wearing her Belle dress that day as she wanted to see the Beauty and the Beast show. Whilst in the cue a CM came and had a chat with her and said as she was the prettiest Belle she'd seen all day she had a special seat for her:confused3. She took us right to the front, and once inside we were told she had been picked to be the "Princess of the Day" . Just as the show was finishing, Prince Charming came to the front of the stage and presented her with a rose, and all the cast came and bowed down to her and clapped, and Belle presented her with a certificate:cloud9::cloud9:. One the same day we were sat waiting for the "Cars" parade and again a CM chattered with the girls and asked if she could "Borrow" them for the parade. Both DD's (along with my Mum:laughing: as I didnt like the idea of them going on there own) were selected to join in as part of the parade and got to meet all the charactors afterwards. To say the tissues bot well and truely battered was an understatement:lmao:

Last year again was another memorable year as youngest DD spent her 10th birthday on Casterway Cay. All the staff on board made a real fuss of her, she had a birthday card off tinkerbell full of fairy dust left in the cabin, the housekeeper left her a massive birthday cake made out of towels on her bed complete with princess bedding that night, and the chef made her a speical "Dairy free" birthday cake that was brought to our table at dinner were everyone in the restaurant sang to her:lovestruc

We have had so, so many memorable memories over the years, and hope we have got many more to come:cheer2::cheer2:

Some lovely stories:love:

I have a few to share (well the ones I can remember:rolleyes1)

The 1st time we took DD's the oldest wasnt quite 3 and youngest was only 9 months, and we walking around Epcot one day and oldest DD just started to run in the opposite direction, when we turned to see what she was doing, there stood on his own was Mickey Mouse, she ran to Mickey and have him the biggest bear hug you had ever seen, it was just like something you see in the Disney adverts on TV

One evening we were waiting for Spectomagic and was sat on the pavement outside the shops on Main street and some CM came and spoke to both of our DD's oldest was 6 and youngest was 3, they asked there names, were they were from etc then went away. About 5 mins later about 6 CM started walking towards us (I was convinced we'd done something wrong and they were going to ask us to leave:scared1:) anyway they said that the girls had been chosen to turn off all the lights on Main Steet for the Spectro Parade, they took them into the middle of main street, gave them both fairy wands and started a countdown, when they reached 1, the whole of the lights went out, and the music and parade started and DD's were covered from head to toe in "Mickey Head" fairy dust, to say DH and I between us didnt have a dry eye was an understatement:)

Another time was the 1st time we did a DCL, youngest DD was only 5 and wanted "Princess Dresses" to wear in the evening for dinner. She received sooooo much attention that once we had got off the boat and carried on our holiday(we still had another 3weeks left), she insisted on wearing her dresses every day to the parks(there wasnt much left of them by the time we came home), anyway Christmas Eve we decided to go to MGM (sorry it was called that then, and cant get used to HS). She decdided on wearing her Belle dress that day as she wanted to see the Beauty and the Beast show. Whilst in the cue a CM came and had a chat with her and said as she was the prettiest Belle she'd seen all day she had a special seat for her:confused3. She took us right to the front, and once inside we were told she had been picked to be the "Princess of the Day" . Just as the show was finishing, Prince Charming came to the front of the stage and presented her with a rose, and all the cast came and bowed down to her and clapped, and Belle presented her with a certificate:cloud9::cloud9:. One the same day we were sat waiting for the "Cars" parade and again a CM chattered with the girls and asked if she could "Borrow" them for the parade. Both DD's (along with my Mum:laughing: as I didnt like the idea of them going on there own) were selected to join in as part of the parade and got to meet all the charactors afterwards. To say the tissues bot well and truely battered was an understatement:lmao:

Last year again was another memorable year as youngest DD spent her 10th birthday on Casterway Cay. All the staff on board made a real fuss of her, she had a birthday card off tinkerbell full of fairy dust left in the cabin, the housekeeper left her a massive birthday cake made out of towels on her bed complete with princess bedding that night, and the chef made her a speical "Dairy free" birthday cake that was brought to our table at dinner were everyone in the restaurant sang to her:lovestruc

We have had so, so many memorable memories over the years, and hope we have got many more to come:cheer2::cheer2:

Awh! This sounds so lovely! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter