Any magical moments?

howlongtillsummer?

DIS Veteran
We had so much fun on our August trip but here are a few highlights:

*My daughter was chosen to be Artist of the Day at Olivia's - so cute!!

*My poor husband got to be beast at Belle's storytime.

*I had cards in the room for my birthday which was thoughtful.

*I ordered a gift basket and Guide to the Magic so DD which were both there before 7am on our first morning.

*Twice kind CMs refused to charge me for snacks - a mickey bar and water as HS and a strawberry shortcake at Sunshine seasons (I was wearing my birthday badge)

*Free dining - watching that balance hit zero :banana:

I know I will think of more. I just couldn't have had a better trip.

Love to hear your highlights / lowlights.

Free dining definitely.
Wandering from the Boardwalk to Epcot just for illumiNATIONS
Seeing the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland on his own and him coming up to me to check my watch :lmao:

Like you we had a holiday of highlights, probably lots more I'll think of later :)

:goodvibes

driving from the airport to wdw, and seeing the wdw sign - magic.:lovestruc

confetti on our table for our first visit at our first breakfast at crystal palace.

sitting down at the first breakfast at crystal palace, and taking a sigh, after twelve months of planning and thinking "we are finally here":lovestruc

a handwritten card from the characters at goofy character breakfast at cape may.

My mum watching the parade in her new straw hat (very pretty) and mary poppins shouting to her that she loved her hat.

My mum again, watching another parade in the evening, and pete from pete and the dragon, he had a microphone and was talking to the crowd, he stated to my mum that he loved her polka dot dress (she had dressed up for wishes dessert party).

Arriving home each evening through security gates, and most of the time that same lady, who was lovely and the "welcome home" made me teary. Everyone joined in each evening and said the same back.

My niece and nephew face when they realised they were going to swim with the dolphins - priceless.

The free dining was wonderful, though we came home with loads of unused counter services.

I loved going across to down town disney on the water boat.

Tinkerbell (who "sent" my DD a gift basket) spoke to her from the parade float that very night!! What are the chances of her saying "Hey, you brought your wand!" which had been in the gift basket. :woohoo:

I think I believe in pixie dust!!

Arriving home each evening through security gates, and most of the time that same lady, who was lovely and the "welcome home" made me teary. Everyone joined in each evening and said the same back.

Oh yes!

There was Darlene from the 'main entrance' (the one with the Saratoga Springs sign) and our favourite Barb at the entrance nearest to DTD who remembered our name (probably thanks to our little green Herbie :lmao:) too

Oh yes!

There was Darlene from the 'main entrance' (the one with the Saratoga Springs sign) and our favourite Barb at the entrance nearest to DTD who remembered our name (probably thanks to our little green Herbie :lmao:) too

Thats the one darlene, she was lovely, we always hoped she would be there waiting each evening. The other time we got a stern looking man - his welcome home did not sound so cute :lmao:

my mum would say her most magical moments was.

1. she has clean towels in the room every day, and when she went to teh pool.

2. the fact she had a washing machine and tumble dryer :lmao::lmao:

my mum would say her most magical moments was.

1. she has clean towels in the room every day, and when she went to teh pool.

2. the fact she had a washing machine and tumble dryer :lmao::lmao:

Tell your mum to add to her list:

Not having to flush the toilet for a few weeks (it is SUCH an effort to remember when I get back home :rotfl2:)

Here are some of mine:

• DD being chosen to be the 'father' in Story Time with Belle
  • DD and I at DTD one late afternoon and they had a hoola hoop contest going on. I was so surprised at my daughter who ran out to ask for a hoop and join in as the girls were quite a bit older than her, mostly teens. She then made it through both rounds, into the semi finals and into the finals and was eventually beaten by one of the teens. I was so proud of her. I also had no idea she was any good with a hoola hoop!
  • Evening EMH at the MK 2 years ago until 3 am. We were standing behind the castle and it was so quiet. Mickey was standing all alone so we went for another autograph. When we got there Minnie suddenly appeared and joined us. Next thing along came Pluto. There was not a soul in sight and they bantered and played with DD for about 15 minutes. I don't know why I didn't video it. I think we were so caught off guard!

DSCF3246.jpg

DSCF3243.jpg

DSCF3244.jpg

• This is one of my favourite under stated moments. It was a HECTIC Easter weekend. About 10 pm and hundreds (so it seemed) of people around the pool still. DD and I went and grabbed a bagel and a gluten free cake from the foodcourt, filled our mugs with root beer and came and sat at one of the tables near the pool. We just sat chatting like old friends and all of a sudden it was as though we were the only two people in the world. It was as if all the noise and everything just paled into oblivion and we sat there for over an hour. We could hear the crickets, smell the warm air and it is one of those moments you can't describe or capture in any other way than in your heart. It was so surreal - but so real. One of my fondest memories ever and honestly, I sometimes think: This is what Walt wanted - for us to take time out and just ..... BE!

Im gonna tell youse about my moms best.wee bit long but stick with it......

We lost my dad 10 years ago.

He was a typical old school blue collar worker.

Showed how much he loved his family by working hard and providing,not so big on the laughs and hugs......

Then he discovered WDW.

My dad was a different person there.

He didn't ride many rides he just soaked up the place.

He so got the magic and the magic got him.

Anyways our first family trip back without him was very hard.

We decided the best way to deal with it was to point out fun times we had had with dad as we went round the parks.

On our last night my DH and i took DS to get some character Autographs in Toon Town and my mom sat on a bench way round back waiting.

She got a wee bit teary sitting herself.

Then she felt some one sit next to her.

It was Donald...my dads favourite character.

We always joked they were so similar...as in moody and grumpy.

He took my mums hand and just sat with her.

He sat with her a wee while and as she felt better he kissed her hand and just got up and walked away......leaving a white feather on the bench.

To help the kids remember my dad we told them if they ever find a white feather it is one of Grandads Angel feathers and he must have been watching them.

Pretty Magical I think.

We got 'dreamed' in the year of a million dreams.

The dream we got was passes to stay in epcot after closing. It was great not having long queues for the rides but the best part was that they arranged a disco for the children. At the disco were Mickey, Minnie, Chip n Dale and Donald, all in their year of a million dreams outfits. There were only about 6 children in the disco and my daughter (then 8) danced 1 to 1 with all the characters.

Definitely a magic moment.:cloud9:

He sat with her a wee while and as she felt better he kissed her hand and just got up and walked away......leaving a white feather on the bench.

To help the kids remember my dad we told them if they ever find a white feather it is one of Grandads Angel feathers and he must have been watching them.

Pretty Magical I think.

That is so touching. The white feather .... that just makes it all the more incredible. I'll bet your mom will remember that moment for ever!

We are in Florida at the moment and have had some great Magical Moments.

We got Magical Parking at AK, which was right by the entrance.

Yesterday at Epcot we went to meet the Characters at Character spot, Mickey, Minnie, donald, Goofy and Pluto. The children are still young and a bit timid still around the characters so when we walked in they got scared so we walked out again. When we walked outside a CM named Katrina said "are you leaving already?" we explained the children were scared and we would try later. She chatted to the children and asked if they would like to just meet minnie, they agreed and she took us like VIP's to the front and we meet Minnie. The children started to grow in confidence and we ended up meeting all the characters whilst chaperoned by Katrina. She even took photos with our camara for us!
It was such a wonderful act of kindness I was fighting back the tears as we said Thank you to her.
We went to guest relations to tell them about it and how wonderful Katrina was and they said she will get an applausagram and it will go on her record and help her with future promotion! So glad we took the time to go and tell guest relations, therefore passing on the magic a little.

Tell your mum to add to her list:

Not having to flush the toilet for a few weeks (it is SUCH an effort to remember when I get back home :rotfl2:)

Here are some of mine:

• DD being chosen to be the 'father' in Story Time with Belle
  • DD and I at DTD one late afternoon and they had a hoola hoop contest going on. I was so surprised at my daughter who ran out to ask for a hoop and join in as the girls were quite a bit older than her, mostly teens. She then made it through both rounds, into the semi finals and into the finals and was eventually beaten by one of the teens. I was so proud of her. I also had no idea she was any good with a hoola hoop!
  • Evening EMH at the MK 2 years ago until 3 am. We were standing behind the castle and it was so quiet. Mickey was standing all alone so we went for another autograph. When we got there Minnie suddenly appeared and joined us. Next thing along came Pluto. There was not a soul in sight and they bantered and played with DD for about 15 minutes. I don't know why I didn't video it. I think we were so caught off guard!

DSCF3246.jpg

DSCF3243.jpg

DSCF3244.jpg

• This is one of my favourite under stated moments. It was a HECTIC Easter weekend. About 10 pm and hundreds (so it seemed) of people around the pool still. DD and I went and grabbed a bagel and a gluten free cake from the foodcourt, filled our mugs with root beer and came and sat at one of the tables near the pool. We just sat chatting like old friends and all of a sudden it was as though we were the only two people in the world. It was as if all the noise and everything just paled into oblivion and we sat there for over an hour. We could hear the crickets, smell the warm air and it is one of those moments you can't describe or capture in any other way than in your heart. It was so surreal - but so real. One of my fondest memories ever and honestly, I sometimes think: This is what Walt wanted - for us to take time out and just ..... BE!

That is Such a wonderful memory! :love: It reminded me of moments like this with my own DDs! :cloud9:

Showed how much he loved his family by working hard and providing,not so big on the laughs and hugs......

Then he discovered WDW.

We decided the best way to deal with it was to point out fun times we had had with dad as we went round the parks.

On our last night my DH and i took DS to get some character Autographs in Toon Town and my mom sat on a bench way round back waiting.

Pretty Magical I think.

That is a beautiful magical memory! :lovestruc

Then he discovered WDW.

Pretty Magical I think.

Grrrr... im a 21 stone ex powerlifter with a shaved head, sitting at my desk at work and now my colleagues are wondering why im all teary eyed!

Thats a lovely story.

I have a couple,

On our first trip we went with first choice who would not give us our park tickets until the welcome meeting at 6.30pm the day AFTER we arrived!! The staff at Pop Century were amazing and arranged us complimentry tickets so we could still go into the park.

My DD was celebrating her 10th Birthday and the talking bin wheeled up to her and told her she looked like Hanah Montanna and then sung her Happy Birthday - changing the words to be happy birthday dear Bethany Montaaaaaaaana!! It was so funny as all the crowds gathered round to watch

Later we got back to the room and she had a card and baloons from Lilo & Stitch.

Last year we were delayed by 20 hrs so arrived a day late - when we got to POFQ they upgraded our room to a River view - right next the pool and the boat stop.

Cannot wait to see what magic awaits us this trip

Oh another thing, we were in hollywood studios, and had lunch at starring rolls. I had a lovely chat with the CM at the till.

That evening we were waiting by the entrance to the fantasmic package entrance, sat down, when the same CM came up, and said hi, how was your day. For him to remember me and my family after a day of probably hundreds of faces and for him to stop and talk on his way home was lovely.

*We did an illuminations cruise from the marina around mgm and then to Epcot to get the best view of the fireworks on a little private boat. And it's quite cheap too! Around $300 pays for a boat for ten people! :goodvibes

*Taking my nan to WDW for the first time ever :')

*We watched La Nouba in Cirque du Soleil!

Just to name a few :lovestruc

Scotlass - ah that has made me teary, I bet it helped your mum :goodvibes

2Tigges - beautiful memories and a love the photo of your daughter with the characters. In paris we were lucky enough to have a brilliant character breakfast, the interaction was great, and we laughed like we had not done for ages :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter