• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any luck with National ID's and Coupons codes

Just finished talking to a national rep. I used contract ID *6* and recieved an incredible rate for a mini van. I specifically asked what this code was and he put me on hold and came back and said it was a complimentary code, I then asked if I would need a TA Id and he said no everything would go smooth with the rental as is. Only Id I would need is my driver license and credit card and reie sheet. Going May 9-26.:banana: :banana:

I was told that I would need to produce ID since it was a travel agent code. What baffles me is you are told one thing on the phone and another when you pick up the car. Unfortunately, what happens at the counter is what counts. I would make a back-up re with another company to be safe so you are not stuck paying the rack rate at the time of pick-up.

I was told that I would need to produce ID since it was a travel agent code. What baffles me is you are told one thing on the phone and another when you pick up the car. Unfortunately, what happens at the counter is what counts. I would make a back-up re with another company to be safe so you are not stuck paying the rack rate at the time of pick-up.

But didn't you call about 8572957? I thought that was the Travel Solutions code.

I am sorry if this has been answered but has anyone found that when they accept a coupon right underneath it they add some of it back on certain cars? I just used the "6" code with National's $30.00 off car and got 30.00 taken off and then 23.62 added back on....:confused3

How does this sound?
I booked one car with the original International Visa code and then reserved a mini van with this code under my Mom's name(who will be with me). Too risky? I figure if the TA code gets cabashed I can go to the other reservation. I guess if that gets cobashed too I can always reserve another one over at Alamo....
Thoughts?

I am sorry if this has been answered but has anyone found that when they accept a coupon right underneath it they add some of it back on certain cars? I just just the "6" code with National's $30.00 off car and got 30.00 taken off and then 23.62 added back on....:confused3

How does this sound?
I booked one car with the original International Visa code and then reserved a mini van with this code under my Mom's name(who will be with me). Too risky? I figure if the TA code gets cabashed I can go to the other reservation. I guess if that gets cobashed too I can always reserve another one over at Alamo....
Thoughts?

I just made the following res for 4/19 to 4/26. It took the e-copon for $30.

Base Rate - Minivan (USD)
(1) Time & Distance ($178.28/Week) $178.28
(1) Extra - Time & Distance ($38.18/Day) $38.18
Discount Coupon Accepted ($30.00)
Contract ID 8572967
Inclusive Rate Items
Loss Damage Waiver Full Included
Supplemental Liability Insurance Included
Co Cost Of Doing Business At Ap Included
Florida Surcharge 2.00/day Included
Tire/battery Fee .02/day Included
License Recoupment Fee .46/day Included
Sales Tax (7.0%) $4.54
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
Unlimited Miles Included

For information on coverage products, ex:Loss Damage Waiver(LDW) click here

Subtotal $191.00
Taxes, Surcharges and Fees Co Cost Of Doing Business At Ap ($2.63)
Sales Tax (7.0%) ($2.28)
Subtotal ($4.91)
Estimated Total Estimated charges are confirmed based on the information you have provided; only taxes, fees, and surcharges are subject to change. $186.09

But didn't you call about 8572957? I thought that was the Travel Solutions code.

I called about both. When I called back now about the *6* code I was told that it was a complimentary code from Travel Solutions. The agent (who wsa very nice and checked with a supervisor) said that no ID was needed and the person renting did not have to be a travel agent or work for Travel Solutions.

I called about both. When I called back now about the *6* code I was told that it was a complimentary code from Travel Solutions. The agent (who wsa very nice and checked with a supervisor) said that no ID was needed and the person renting did not have to be a travel agent or work for Travel Solutions.

Gotcha, thanks! It's so hard to keep it all straight between 1 number differences and two threads!

Has anyone posted after actually using this more recent code?

Yes, but it was @ Tulsa Airport I believe. Not sure if it's on this thread or the other one.:confused3

Anyway, she said her DH used it (*67), at the counter, with NO problems!!:cool1: (she had a backup ressie just in case).:)

Yes, but it was @ Tulsa Airport I believe. Not sure if it's on this thread or the other one.:confused3

Anyway, she said her DH used it (*67), at the counter, with NO problems!!:cool1: (she had a backup ressie just in case).:)

Cool beans!

Has anyone posted after actually using this more recent code?

I am going to try it on 4/19 @ Tampa. According to the rep, it is a comp code, so I am not doing naything wrong by taking advantage of it, although I am still nervous.

I am so confused! I originally made ressie with *87 code, with coupon=$172 for June 7-15th (midsize on Emerald Isle). Just made ressie with *5* code, with coupon=$92.07 for the same time and car. Haven't tried *6* code. Which is the safest code to use if you don't have travel agent ID????

Before anyone flames me, I have read ALL the posts but am still confused which ressie to keep or to make ressie with *6* code????????????

Help!!!! :scared1: Thanks in advance.

That was me. :wave: DH had no problems. Also, he's not a Member of the Emerald Club, so he had to use the counter. BUT, I'm not saying Orlando might not kick it out. :confused3 It frightens me a little, too. :cutie:

I am so confused! I originally made ressie with *87 code, with coupon=$172 for June 7-15th (midsize on Emerald Isle). Just made ressie with *5* code, with coupon=$92.07 for the same time and car. Haven't tried *6* code. Which is the safest code to use if you don't have travel agent ID????

Before anyone flames me, I have read ALL the posts but am still confused which ressie to keep or to make ressie with *6* code????????????

Help!!!! :scared1: Thanks in advance.

The *87 code is the Visa code, OK for anyone to use. Others have reported success.
The *57 is the Travel Agent code. The *67 is the complimentary code, also supposed to be OK for anyone to use. We're all awaiting feedback.:thumbsup2

Are you saying that I shouldn't use the *57 code if I am NOT a travel agent? Has anyone used this code with success w/o travel agent ID?

Has anyone else noticed that the EB 2 car class upgrade coupon forces your level of service to be counter instead of EA or ER?

I spoke to a National agent last week and she told me the *67 code was a commercial code, not a complimentary code. :confused3

What does that mean? Commercial?? DH wants to take the chance after reading all these posts, so I guess I'll just keep an eye on them on all & see what happens between now & our May trip. Crossing my fingers!!

Could it mean your a business and your company is expected to pay any fees to the state of Florida .........:rotfl:

Boy, I am getting some crazy goings-on trying to use National coupon NF1982JDD ($30 ecoupon). It states 5-day minimum rental, and my ressie is indeed for 5 days, but it takes the $30 off...then adds $17.25 back in! So, just to play around with dates, I then:

- Changed the ressie to 6 days, and it adds the entire $30 coupon back in.

- THEN I changed the ressie to 7 days, and it lowered the weekly base rate $7.xx AND takes the entire $30 off without adding anything back in.

Is it a full moon??:upsidedow

Boy, I am getting some crazy goings-on trying to use National coupon NF1982JDD ($30 ecoupon). It states 5-day minimum rental, and my ressie is indeed for 5 days, but it takes the $30 off...then adds $17.25 back in! So, just to play around with dates, I then:

- Changed the ressie to 6 days, and it adds the entire $30 coupon back in.

- THEN I changed the ressie to 7 days, and it lowered the weekly base rate $7.xx AND takes the entire $30 off without adding anything back in.

Is it a full moon??:upsidedow

That crazy stuff was happening to me too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter