• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any kids of the 80s out there?

Don't forget LA Gear hightops with two different colored laces on each shoe, big poufy socks sticking out of the top with the end of your jeans folded in and tucked into the big socks - I thought I looked soooo cool :rotfl2:

Oh, the Z Cavaricci's!
I still remember the fight w/ my mom, right there in the mall, about me spending my x-mas $ on these!
I think she just wanted to shake me!

Funny thing: My daighter wants pink high-top Converse just like I had!

Don't forget LA Gear hightops with two different colored laces on each shoe, big poufy socks sticking out of the top with the end of your jeans folded in and tucked into the big socks - I thought I looked soooo cool :rotfl2:

I was the first in my high school to wear L.A. Gear high tops with a denim mini skirt, no less. :lmao: I wasn't a fashionista in high school, but it was quite cool having the Benetton wearing girls actually be envious of my clothes. :lmao:

I was DETERMINED to look like Ola Ray in the Thriller video because I as dating a guy who looked like Micheal did back then!! :lmao: I seriously wore my hair in the same curl in the pic below... UGH it was hard to maintain!!

mj-ola-ray_jpg.jpg

I was DETERMINED to look like Ola Ray in the Thriller video because I as dating a guy who looked like Micheal did back then!! :lmao: I seriously wore my hair in the same curl in the pic below... UGH it was hard to maintain!!

mj-ola-ray_jpg.jpg

:scared1:

....back-in-the-day I used to wear Jordache jeans.....and, of course, you DO know why they are called 'Jordache' ["JOOR`- dash"] jeans??

[...cuz' 'JorDACHE' sticks out in back when you wear 'em...!!] :rotfl2::lmao:

:rolleyes1

I had gravity defying bangs as well. I also remember Panama Jack shirts were popular, neon socks, rolled jeans that had to be rolled just so with neon socks, jelly shoes that smelled awful, big earrings, stirrup pants with a long sweater and then of course Ked's shoes after Dirty Dancing came out. Good times, goood times.

My SiL and I went to a Murder Mystery dinner that had an 80's theme. It was great because I grew up in the 80's and we had a lot of fun putting together our outfits. Did the best we could with thrift store finds. I had the acid washed denim skirt, neon shirt and leggings with neon high tops and double layered sock. After killing the ozone with our purple can of Aquanet....we were ready to go! Lots of fun and brought back great memories. I tried to post a pic, but it wouldn't let me. Have to figure out what is wrong and try again later.

Thought of another one. Remember when Banana Republic actually specialized in safari type clothes? I don't think there was ONE KID at my school that didn't have a BR tee shirt with various animals on the back.

Oh, and the polo shirts with the collar flipped up? A whole arm full of Swatch watches. My school apparently favored Reebok high tops (with the two straps of velcro at the top) to LA Gear, but we did have multi-colored wide laces.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter