any jeep or ford escape, ford focus or cmax drivers here?

nemofish

Earning My Ears
I plan on trading in my car soonish and looking for something else. The 4 door wrangler, ford escape titanium, focus and cmax look great. Can any owners share their experience and if you'd buy the same car again. It just needs to be comfortable for traveling, commuting , ease of parallel parking and visibility is important. I'm open to other suggestions under 35 k

I have a 2012 Ford Focus that has come up with a major transmission issue that no one can seem to diagnose or fix, at 28k miles.

Would not ever buy another ford product.

I have a 2012 Ford Focus that has come up with a major transmission issue that no one can seem to diagnose or fix, at 28k miles.

Would not ever buy another ford product.

Our transmission blew in our minivan at 56,000 miles. We swore off Ford too.

OP, I recently saw a 2014 Escape and its really nice looking. I dont know what kind of mileage any of the cars you mentioned get but if I was using it as a commuter car that would be my first priority. Good luck in your search :goodvibes

We have 3 ford escapes and 1 ford explorer-

2012 escape less than 6,000 miles
2007 escape 97,000 miles
2006 explorer 126,000 miles
2005 escape 90,000 miles

All we do is oil changes, regular maintenance and tires. The 3 older ones we bought used with about 30,000 miles the last one is new- grandpa gift to DS, lucky him, for graduating college and being accepted into med school. Previously DD and DS shared the 2005 for 6 years!

The Escape is a totally different vehicle as of 2012 (IMO they should be embarrassed trying to pass it off as the same car) so experience with any prior year model is not really relevant.

I drove an '05 Escape in college and really liked it. My parents now have it for a younger sibling, and it is still going strong at 100,000+ miles. My husband just bought the 2013 Ford Focus as a commuting car (he has about a 100 mile commute a day, so we needed something fuel efficient), and he likes it so far as well. We test drove the Honda Civic too, and he said the Focus was more fun to drive.

I have a Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited (4d) and LOVE it! The front two seats are similar to the Grand Cherokee and the most comfortale seats I've ever had in a car. I've always wanted a jeep and finally got it last year. I would get another one in a heart beat! VERY easy to handle and the newer engines are more fuel efficient and have more horsepower.

Had a Jeep Wrangler first...then a Liberty...now I have a Grand Cherokee...love them all...but would have to say the Wrangler was my favorite! They all ran great...and were wonderful on the roads with the winter weather.

My husband's company car is the ford cmax- energi. We've only had it since November and its been a good car. No problems yet! He has put 16,000 miles on it in that time.

We have a 2003 ford expedition with 160,000 miles. We bought it new and have had great luck with it. Its mostly had routine maintenance (oil change, tires, brakes, batteries and alternator). We have had a few issues that wouldnt be considered routine but have maybe totaled up to be around $2000-$3000 worth of services. Cant complain about that with a car thats 11 years old!

Have a 2008 Ford Focus & love it.:goodvibes A little over 68,000 miles routine maintenance, & has good pickup for hwy.

We have owned two Escapes. A 2008 that we bought new and had until the end of 2012 - only problem was the water pump died and was replaced under warranty about three years in - not an uncommon problem in a hot weather state.

We traded that in on a 2013 Escape (the new body style) and have had it for 7 months and love it. Much nicer than the old style, and we liked the old one. We do not get as good mpg as it claims (they say 23/33/26 avg but we only get a little under 24 mpg), but we do mostly city driving and have stop lights and lots of air conditioner and such on a normal day. If we get it onto an open stretch of 55-65 mph highway we easily hit the 33 mpg range. It is our normal commuter vehicle for taking the baby to daycare, etc. and hold all of our luggage, including full stroller, for trips to WDW.

And you don't necessarily need the Titanium package on the Escape - unless you really want all of those bells and whistles. We have an SEL with about half of the options. Was around $28K. Most of the other bells and whistles in the Titanium we found were just "nice to have". Also, the Titanium has the bigger engine that does not get as good mpg, though it will be better for towing if you need that.

I plan on trading in my car soonish and looking for something else. The 4 door wrangler, ford escape titanium, focus and cmax look great. Can any owners share their experience and if you'd buy the same car again. It just needs to be comfortable for traveling, commuting , ease of parallel parking and visibility is important. I'm open to other suggestions under 35 k

I adore Jeeps. Have you looked at the new Cherokee that's coming out this fall? Price starts at $22k and 31 mpg. I'm still waiting so I can test drive one!

We rented a 4door Wrangler. I really liked it, but it was too "pretty". I couldn't imagine taking it offroad and the interior getting dirty. LOL It also drove like a bus, a nice comfy bus, but still didn't have the sharp turning like other Jeeps. And you really only have great visibility when the top is down.

We are a Jeep family! DH bought a Wrangler that had over 200k miles on it when he finally sold it. His dad also has a Wrangler with 200k miles on it. We've also had a Cherokee, a Patriot, and I just got myself a Grand Cherokee a few months ago. LOVE it.

DH keeps pushing for another Wrangler. I have to say, I miss it, too. They do kind of become attached to you, and if you ever have to sell it, it's like losing a limb.

We are a Jeep family! DH bought a Wrangler that had over 200k miles on it when he finally sold it. His dad also has a Wrangler with 200k miles on it. We've also had a Cherokee, a Patriot, and I just got myself a Grand Cherokee a few months ago. LOVE it.

DH keeps pushing for another Wrangler. I have to say, I miss it, too. They do kind of become attached to you, and if you ever have to sell it, it's like losing a limb.

It's a Jeep Thing!!!! LOL

My '88 Cherokee (bought new!) is about to be completely rebuilt, had an '01 Grand that I loved but sold it (hated to do it but helped us get debt free), DH is looking to buy a CJ or old Wrangler, and I'm waiting to check out the new '14 Cherokee!

Jeep has not been the same since they did away with the Cherokee, I still have a 97 with 267,000 and still running. I have two jeep liberties had transmission problems with both of them one of them is in the transmission shop right now. There is nothing that jeep makes now that I would consider buying looking to see what the new Cherokee is all about. Consumer report states all of the jeeps are poor in reliability ratings.

I have and still do own jeeps. My family has owned every model of jeep made! From the 40's to 2013's! Have never had a real issue. I worked as a master service tech for a dealer for about 10 years and I will say that either ford or jeep is a good way to go. I loved my wrangler but not the most practical if you have little ones or use the back seat much( I took my back seat out and left it out). I used my jeeps as jeeps! I also use them for day to day driving and love them. My wife has had a liberty for about 7 years now and I can't get her to trade it!! Very safe in a crash too, have seen many in my job as a firefighter and they hold up way better than most cars. Test drive and see what you like, jeeps are not for everyone!!

We just got the Ford CMax about a month ago.
Was in the shop already, due to the radio not working- was in there about 4 days, since the first part they ordered didnt fix it,, they had to order a 2nd part. But they did give me a loaner car to use during that time. Now working perfectly.
It is a nice ride. We test drove the Prius and the hybrid Camry also, and the Cmax was comparabe to the Camry.
MPG is closer to 43/44 or so, not close to the 47 they say. That is only in optimal conditions, with perfect driving, not real life. Using the AC or the heated seats will hit your MPG. But still,, much higher MPG than a regular car.
Good amount of space in the back, roomy.
I didnt pay for the higher package, but you can get the back up camera for parking. Mine has the "beeping" when you reverse closer to something. The reverse camera was on my loaner car,, and it was nice.

All those cars barely broken in. Have a '93 Lincoln with 198000 miles on it. Talked to someone who has 250000 miles

My DH drove a focus and loved it until some kid was texting and hit him when he was stopped for a traffic light. He wanted to buy a new one, but they redesigned them and the drivers side was too small for him (he's 6ft4) so I got a new mustang instead and he took my fusion which we both love!

I own a Jeep Patriot...she will be one year old next month and is my baby! I am a Jeep girl! Third Jeep I have owned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter