Any issues with Magic deck 5 aft?

Flowerem

Earning My Ears
Hello! I've just booked a southern Caribbean cruise for my husband and myself next year and am hoping for opinions on the stateroom location. We've booked a 7A and the only rooms available were on deck 5 aft (both port and starboard) or 6 aft (port side). All of the rooms left have connecting doors.

We're booked in 5638 which I know is above Animator's but I'm not worried about noise from that. It looks to have a dead end hallway on the starboard side, so I was hoping that might be better than the deck 6 port side stateroom. I'm worried about vibration being aft and noise from a connecting room.

Just as an FYI, we've been on one cruise on the Fantasy and were on deck 9 mid ship starboard which we loved. We had no issues with noise (was a non connecting room) and no issues with vibration except the first and last nights. Since it's just the two of us this time, I wanted to save some money and book a lower category.

Does anyone think there may be issues with vibration from being aft on deck 5 or noise from having a connecting room? I'm not sure why the aft thing is bothering me. Maybe it's a silly worry.

Thank you very much in advance! You guys have been great at giving advice.

I was just on deck five aft in 5646 and my parents and sister were in 5644. We loved the location as it was quiet and a convenient location to the elevator. I really didn't notice any noise from Animator's or vibrations to be honest.

We were on the Magic, deck 7 aft, starboard side. I definitely felt the vibration and it took me a couple nights to get used to it. I noticed it the most trying to go to sleep at night and also when we went to Carioca's (deck 3 aft) to make the gingerbread house. It felt stronger there since it's lower.

I don't see it mentioned much here, so I was a little caught by surprise. Maybe I'm a little sensitive or maybe it depends on the ocean conditions.

Deck 5 Aft Starboard side is my absolute favorite cabin location. The farther back the better. There is virtually no hall traffic because of the few rooms, it's very quiet, and extremely convenient to Animators, Carioca's, Cabanas, and the movie theater. I also love the low traffic on deck 5 going to the Atrium area. It's just very peaceful. I like ship movement and have never been disturbed by any vibration there. It's also nice doing the safety drill from the comfort of Animators. 5650 is my favorite because of the deeper veranda.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter