• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any issues if you upgrade your room at port?

minorthr

DIS Veteran
I've been wondering if you do upgrade your room at port what issues it may present if you mailed a box to be delivered to your room, or if you ordered gift & amenities from Disney like the frozen experience or you are participating in FE how do you get your new room to people?

I've been wondering if you do upgrade your room at port what issues it may present if you mailed a box to be delivered to your room, or if you ordered gift & amenities from Disney like the frozen experience or you are participating in FE how do you get your new room to people?
There may be some delay if you are having a box delivered to your room, or having pre-purchased gifts delivered. Typically, most FE groups have a meet up on embarkation day to firm up room numbers, and, many times, the FE organizer will post a list on their door with any changes.

The only thing that happened to us when we upgraded at the port was that our luggage didn't get delivered. We waited a while and then went to our original room and there it was (we just brought it back to the room ourselves). But our stateroom host would have done it for us if we had asked. He was just so busy getting the other luggage delivered and we had no problems getting it on our own.

For the FE, we just went to the group meet and let everyone know that our room number had changed. I think the FE coordinator for our group kept an updated list on their door also.

I had the concern about the luggage but it was delivered no problem. When we were at the upgrade desk the CM asked if we had any preordered room amenities or gifts which they would then arrange to be transferred.

You can leave a note by your old cabin if you are in the FE with your new cabin assignment. This happened on our last cruise (we didn't have a meet and greet).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter