Any interesting scars?

I have a Harry Potter scar on my forehead. I was about 2, my brother 6....he was in the backyard, digging a "bear trap"(had a very vivid imagination, he did! We lived in KY--no bears). I guess I was probably just wanting to be whereever he was, but I came up behind him and got hit in the forehead with the shovel. I remember standing behind him, then being in the car with brother crying, then my mom telling me we were going to the hospital, so I started crying. My students really get a kick out of that story though.

Hmm, I have a human bite mark on my upper right arm that I got in 1979.

I have a small scar on my right eye from taking an arrow (blunted) in it.

I have a burn scar on my left inside arm. (exploding radiator in the desert)

and an incision scar on my tummy from childhood.

When I was 10, in 1968, I snuck my dad's safety razor (a misnomer)to shave my legs. I cut a chunk out of my shin and the scar, although faded, is still there.
I have a scar on my thumb from a black widow spider bite that I got when I was 4 or 5.

I have a small scar under my nose--When i was not yet 2, my little brother was born..i was apparently so excited that i tried running down the concrete steps to go outside and went face first.

My most recent was not as much my fault--but I didnt help situations. I had my tonsils out and was having a rough recovery. I wasnt feeling well and I knew i needed food, but i was too stubborn to ask my family to get it for me..so i walked downstairs and as i got close to the kitchen, i passedo ut, went face forward. My brother (with a broken shoulder from a motorcycle accident) turned me over and I had a cut on my chin which needed 7 stitches and misaligned my jaw...all because i didnt want to bother anyone and ask for help

My arms have too many scars.

On one wrist, I have a scar from where I was clearing a jam in my dad's copier when I was 18 or 19. It shocked me, badly, and I was the only one in the office. Dad came back to find me dazed and unable to hear anything - my ears were ringing so badly! I was so scared of that copier and Dad called the company and told them to take it away - lol. Ironic part is that I now work for a copier company. :rotfl:

The other arm has many surgical scars from where I shattered my wrist in a DRI (Disco Related Injury that I've written about on here before). I had to wear an X-Fix for 7 weeks. It was HORRIBLE. I still have nightmares about it. :scared: I get asked about those scars a lot and I have to smile thinking about how they actually happened. :lmao:

There are two scars on my right hand, across the top of the palm and across the bottom part of my middle finger. I was hanging from a swinging bar on the playset in my grandparents' backyard. As a child I didn't know the rustiness also mean weakness, my younger brother came by and grab my ankles and tried hanging from me. Well, the bar broke and the metal cut up my hand. We went to the hospital but the cuts were not very deep, they just gave me some shots and bandages.

My chin has a scar on the bottom. My brother and I were sliding across the kitchen floor on our pillows, like slip n' slide style on our stomachs. There was a dent in the floor with a crack in the linoleum and my chin managed to hit that spot. The first words my mom said were "well you shouldn't have been doing that! that's what you get!" Then she realized I was bleeding quite a lot and she asked the neighbor (who is a nurse) to come over and look. I got 3 stitches for that one.

scar above my left eyebrow and large v shaped scar on left knee from where I ran into a tree at school when I was about 8! Talking and have a race, I had my head turned to my pal running with me and BOOM hit the tree!

scar that runs from my right eyebrow to my hairline and 7 or 8 fine galss scars on my face from my car windshield being smashed into my face when a pheasant hit the screen whilst I was doing 100 miles an hour on the highway going to Scotland to get to a wedding. My face swelled to about double its regualr size, I smashed my nose and cheeks up too. Lets just say the pheasant was even worse off!

2 4 inch scars on each hand/wrist from carpal tunnel and further wrist surgery. Hitting 1500 golf balls a day when I was about 20 and I destroyed my wrist joints and knackered the carpal tunnels which collapsed and had bone spur fragments embedded in them. Had the surgeries done at the same time, wore nice matching casts for 6 weeks, ....... imagine the things you cant do when both hands are in plaster for 6 weeks from fingertips to elbow :scared1:

Big scar on my thigh from our childhood cat.

This was pre-cat carrier. We would go to our summer home via car every weekend and our cat would get sick.
So we were trying to get the cat to barf in a bag or something which required siblings to help hold the cat down.

They let go and the cats back claw got me good. Didn't need stitches but it let a nice 8' scar on my leg.

Courtesy of others being idiots and dropping a candy wrapper on a roller skating rink! :rolleyes:

I hit that wrapper and went face first. Had so much blood the nuns thought it was my eye. :lmao: Lovely scar on the outer corner of my eye. Yup, had stiches for this one. I was 11 years old.

Oh! Almost forgot the scar on my pinky. I was no more than 4 years old. I wanted to go in the classroom where my sisters had a girl scout meeting. The lovely leader slammed the door on my finger when I had my hand in the jam of the door. :mad: LOL!

I have one on the inside of my left bicep. When I was a kid, I tripped and put my arm through a window. I didn't get any stitches (I was afraid). I have another small one on my forehead. From a fishing "incident".

I was about 16, and I was wrestling around with my boyfriend (no good can ever come of that).

He picked me up, threw me over his shoulder, and for some reason decided to go out the door.

It was cold outside, and a small film of ice had formed on the steps, so as soon as he hit the steps, he slide. Off the first step, onto the second, onto the third, onto the ground, and WAM, he fell backwards, and I landed on my face.

Small scar right above my top lip, barely visable anymore, where my front tooth went all the way through.

When I was about 14, my uncle was putting together a spear to be used by an actor in an Easter pagent. It was in two pieces that were inserted into each other to make a long handle. He didn't get it on correctly and the top half dropped down at an angle and sliced into my hand, just barely getting it. I've always been glad I wasn't closer.:goodvibes It left about a 3/4 inch scar.

I didn't make a big deal about it because my big, gruff uncle is really a softy at heart. He would have been really upset.

I have a V-shaped scar on the fingerprint side of my thumb from being greedy and trying to pick up a filled-to-the-brim, HUGE, glass candy dish off the coffee table on Christmas Day 2003 - I was 17. The side broke right off in my hand. If you're wondering, the ER actually IS very busy on Christmas!:rolleyes1

islandmum says 2 4 inch scars on each hand/wrist from carpal tunnel and further wrist surgery. Hitting 1500 golf balls a day when I was about 20 and I destroyed my wrist joints and knackered the carpal tunnels which collapsed and had bone spur fragments embedded in them. Had the surgeries done at the same time, wore nice matching casts for 6 weeks, ....... imagine the things you cant do when both hands are in plaster for 6 weeks from fingertips to elbow

My mom had carpal tunnel surgery done on both her arms at once and my stepfather did things for her. But she didn't have to have casts just bandages.

Oh, goodness yes.

1) I was at a small gathering on NYE my freshman year in college and drank probably 5x what I should have. So the night goes on and we're all playing darts--the obvious entertainment choice of drunk teenagers, right?--and after my turn, I decided to go up and pull my darts out of the dartboard. The guy who was throwing after me wasn't paying attention, let one fly just as I got up to the board, and I ended up taking a dart to the head. The sad thing is that I barely felt it, which apparently made it really funny to all of my friends, my standing there, saying, "What? You guys, what?!" with a dart sticking out of the back of my head while they're doubled over with laughter. I have a sweet little scar on the back of my head from that one.

2) I have a peach of a scar on my thigh from opening a Mickey Mouse Blues hockey bobblehead encased in blister packaging, but that was my fault because I got frustrated with trying to cut delicately and decided to stab the package open. I missed. :blush:

3) Was out drinking with friends several summers ago and at the end of the (looong) night, we went back to my friend Val's house to spend the night. Her house is well over a hundred years old, and her parents have a lot of antique fixtures throughout it, especially with regard to door latches and things like that. For some stupid reason, we all decided to run through the front door and into the house, and as I raced past one of the doors, the protruding antique latch snagged the underside of my forearm and ripped about a 3-inch gash in it. Obviously, we weren't really in much condition to drive to the hospital, so Val decided that since we were both lifeguards and therefore trained in first aid, we'd take care of things ourselves. She said, "Well, the way I see it, we've got 2 options: I can wrap your arm with gauze, or we could try an alternate route and go with about 20 Band-Aids. You choose." That was when I started laughing so hard I fell off of the edge of the bathtub and smacked my head on the wall.

4) I also found out the hard way (twice!) that in the age-old battle of picnic table vs. forehead, picnic table always wins. Same goes for grocery cart vs. forehead. I'm surprised my parents weren't stalked by child protective services when I was between the ages of 2-5.

I have one on my thigh that I got when I was about eight. I was cutting out The Lennon Sisters paper dolls when I somehow jabbed my moms sewing scissors about 1/2 inch into my right thigh. It didn't bleed (puncture wounds often don't) and I never told her I did it.

I have a V-shaped scar on the fingerprint side of my thumb from being greedy and trying to pick up a filled-to-the-brim, HUGE, glass candy dish off the coffee table on Christmas Day 2003 - I was 17. The side broke right off in my hand. If you're wondering, the ER actually IS very busy on Christmas!:rolleyes1

Yes...yes it is.

I have a scar on my right thigh from hilting a very sharp pocket knife into my leg while kneeling and trying to cut into an enthusiastically taped shipping box (full of presents) with very slick packing tape on Christmas Eve. Ya know how they tell ya never to cut toward youself? :sad2: Good advice, that.

Spent HOURS in the ER and then the doctor told me it served me right for trying to bust into the presents early. :laughing:

I also have a scar all he way across the top of my right index finger where it meets my hand, from shoving my hand into a very cold glass that I had just plunged into very hot dishwater on Easter when I was 15. It exploded and cut the daylights out of me. ER is pretty busy on Easter too. Must be a lot of Easter Bunny attacks or something. :confused3

I think I have bad holiday karma. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter