Any input on grocery ordering & delivery to resort?

WendyLovesPeter

I wanna go back. I gotta go back to WDW!
I just found out that we are not "eligible" for the DDP because we did not book a "package". I ordered everything a la carte - our resort ressie, our passes & I thought, our dining. The reason I did this is to save $$$ - what good is AAA if I can't use it to my advantage - their package was much more expensive than the same items I researched individually. I am :mad: because I feel as a resort guest, I should be "eligible" for the dining plan. I think that is poor service to the customer - very interesting how Disney works sometimes. I doubt I'll stay on site again! Anyway don't want to start a dispute just venting.

Guess I'll go on to plan B - do people order groceries in advance & have them delivered to the resorts? What sites are recommended?

Thank you for any input you have.

I do have to say, in Disney's defense, that their policy of having to buy a package in order to take advantage of the DDP has been in effect for quite some time now. So I can't imagine how someone wouldn't know the score before booking a vacation. I never book a package...it is just too darn expensive. The last time I booked a package was when Disney offered the Fairy Tale package...buy 4 nights, get three free. That's the only time is has been a good deal for me. But....I digress.
I've used www.wegoshop.com as well as www.netgrocer.com in the past. Netgrocer was fine but they don't do any perishable foods. Wegoshop was very good...I would use them again next month but they are on vacation when we need them. So, we'll be using www.gardengrocer.com They have had very good reports from a lot of people.

Garden Grocer is very good - customer service is excellent. If you need something you don't see on their site just call or e-mail them and they will get it for you. We actually ran out of some things mid week and called and they delivered the next morning.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

what good is AAA if I can't use it to my advantage - their package was much more expensive than the same items I researched individually.
We are going in September, and the package that we got through AAA saved us a ton of money over what we would have paid otherwise - let's just say, enough that the savings are paying for our dinner at Vic & Al's

I do have to say, in Disney's defense, that their policy of having to buy a package in order to take advantage of the DDP has been in effect for quite some time now. So I can't imagine how someone wouldn't know the score before booking a vacation. I never book a package...it is just too darn expensive.

Actually I do have some Disney experience - this will be our 5th trip in 12 years. I did not have interest in the DDP plan which is why I did not "know the score." As you said the packages are too expensive - I did not feel we would get our money's worth for the plan - I don't consider an 11 year old an adult when it comes to dining - another interesting Disneyism.

Thank you to all that gave me recommended sites - I will look into them.

The 2 times I went thru AAA, I ended up with tickets for Discovery Island and Wide World of Sports. I didn't want either, but they were part of the "package".

We have used wegoshop.com on our last 4 trips and we have been very pleased with them. We will use them again in October.
You are able to order whatever you want and they will deliver to your resort. We were able to schedule the delivery and they guaranteed a 30 minute window for delivery. They were always right on time.
Have a great trip

We've used Garden Grocer a couple of times. Sometimes they don't get back with you right away but just call and hit 0 if you the automated line. Their very helpful. The first time they were about 10 minutes late(very busy time of the year). The next time they were 10 minutes early. You can order your preferred brands too. We like fuji apples and they try to get them or explain what they didn't get when they get there. Overall, very happy with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter