Any initial feedback from the first Baltic cruise ABD add-on?

paddles

Mouseketeer
Just curious to know thoughts on Stockholm, St. Petersburg and Copenhagen.

Were there special touches? Did you feel that St. Pete's was fully covered?

thanks!

My main 2 questions are:

1) is there a stop at the ABBA museum in Stockholm? When I spoke to ABD, they didn't show it on the itinerary. I'd like to know since I'll be doing 2 pre-days in Stockholm before the cruise and would like to add that in.

2) In St. Petersburg, I REALLY want to do a quick stop at the Faberge museum and was wondering if that was possible during the free time there in the afternoon.

thanks!

My main 2 questions are:

1) is there a stop at the ABBA museum in Stockholm? When I spoke to ABD, they didn't show it on the itinerary. I'd like to know since I'll be doing 2 pre-days in Stockholm before the cruise and would like to add that in.

I am thinking there must be, because we had Dusty as one of our guides in Italy. He is doing the Baltic now, and he has pics on his facebook page from the ABBA museum from this week.

Laurie

I am thinking there must be, because we had Dusty as one of our guides in Italy. He is doing the Baltic now, and he has pics on his facebook page from the ABBA museum from this week.

Laurie

Awesome to hear. Thanks, Laurie. My understanding is that ABD can't include the ABBA museum in its printed materials/itinerary for some copyright or other legal reason, but that it is part of the Stockholm day. It's nice to get confirmation that it is, in fact, included. I've heard great things about Dusty. I'm looking forward to our adventure with him and James. We haven't had either of them as guides for our previous ABDs.

My main 2 questions are:

Laurie
Plus, I was told by one of my ABD contacts that it *is* included, but they couldn't advertise it as part of the itinerary due to copyright issues with the ABBA museum.

Sayhello

Plus, I was told by one of my ABD contacts that it *is* included, but they couldn't advertise it as part of the itinerary due to copyright issues with the ABBA museum.

I hope so! When I called ABD, they told me it definitely wasn't on the itinerary and we should do it on our own. But if there are copyright rules, then I can understand why there's a discrepancy.

I've heard great things about Dusty, and we had James on our Bella Italia tour a few years ago, and he was AMAZING! Part of the reason why we became hooked to ABD. I'm definitely getting more excited about the trip as each day passes!! :yay:

We were on the first ABD Baltic add on.

The ABBA museum was NOT included in our Stockholm stop.

We didn't have any free time in St Petersburg, but I think the 12 night will be there for two days, so there may be more time?

Our guides were Dusty and James, they were both great.

It was our first ABD trip and we really enjoyed it.

I think the pictures on Dusty's ABD page were from a pre-trip he and James took on Princess Cruise Line. I believe they were on Princess so they could meet with the local guides and prepare for the ABD Baltic season.

:( Yep, my ABD contact just verified that the ABBA museum is *not* on the itinerary. Sorry, my information was old.

She also said that there is hardly any free time in St Petersburg. And that if folks wanted to venture off on their own, off the ship, they need a visa for Russia.

Sayhello

:( Yep, my ABD contact just verified that the ABBA museum is *not* on the itinerary. Sorry, my information was old.

She also said that there is hardly any free time in St Petersburg. And that if folks wanted to venture off on their own, off the ship, they need a visa for Russia.

Sayhello
What a bummer! It wasn't just your source, I was told that we were going as well (and that they couldn't put it in the itinerary because of legal issues. Wonder why they took it off? Really disappointing.

I'm surprised and disappointed ABBA museum got taken off as well since it's pretty close to the Vasa museum. Oh well, I'll need to do that on my pre-days in Stockholm.

I'm bummed about St. Petersburg - a quick walk through Faberge museum would have been great. Given the strict visa rules, I'll need to see if its worth trying to get one if there's so little free time on the second day.

There really wasn't time to visit the ABBA museum. Our day was full with the Royal Armory (so interesting), City Hall, the food market (quick stop) and the Vasa.

We are fresh off the Magic of the Baltic add-on as well. According to the guides, the ABBA museum was never on the itinerary.

I wish I had known how much time was spent EATING on these add-ons. It seems like lunch was a 2 hour affair each day. Given our limited time in the ports, I would have been happier skipping dessert and coffee and munching a cookie on the bus on the was to see something else!

We did have to return to the ship for dinner in St. Petersburg, which seemed like a bit of a waste, given that we only had one day there.

Dusty and James were really great and made the experience special. They are so different, but work great together.

Please note that you should have gotten a pre-departure box (we did not). If you did not, I would call and insist on getting it sent ASAP.

I also would have liked to know in advance that ALL the photos taken on the ship are included! Characters, white background, everything. And make sure you get your photo taken with Mickey and Minnie in the local outfits each port day! We did not know about this and would have LOVED photos of them in their Russian outfits! Check the navigator for character appearance times and get in line 10 minutes before the characters you want are due to appear.

We were seated with other ABD folks at dinner, so that was real nice. They do a good job of matching you up regardless of what seating you have.

One more thing I forgot to mention is that every restaurant you have lunch at has free Wi-Fi. Make sure to ask the guides for the password early so you can catch up on your emails, tweets, etc. during lunch.

We are fresh off the Magic of the Baltic add-on as well. According to the guides, the ABBA museum was never on the itinerary.

I wish I had known how much time was spent EATING on these add-ons. It seems like lunch was a 2 hour affair each day. Given our limited time in the ports, I would have been happier skipping dessert and coffee and munching a cookie on the bus on the was to see something else!

We did have to return to the ship for dinner in St. Petersburg, which seemed like a bit of a waste, given that we only had one day there.

Dusty and James were really great and made the experience special. They are so different, but work great together.

Please note that you should have gotten a pre-departure box (we did not). If you did not, I would call and insist on getting it sent ASAP.

I also would have liked to know in advance that ALL the photos taken on the ship are included! Characters, white background, everything. And make sure you get your photo taken with Mickey and Minnie in the local outfits each port day! We did not know about this and would have LOVED photos of them in their Russian outfits! Check the navigator for character appearance times and get in line 10 minutes before the characters you want are due to appear.

We were seated with other ABD folks at dinner, so that was real nice. They do a good job of matching you up regardless of what seating you have.

Did you think the value of this add on was worth it, verses the land ABD's?

Thanks so much for the feedback. We are on the 12 Day Baltic in July with the add-on. The long meals is slightly disconcerting. I *hate* sitting around forever at lunch when there are things to do. The only time I liked the long lunch was in Rome when we had a really long day (port adventure not ABD add-on). I think we have that return to the ship thing on the two day in St. Petersburg as well. It sounded cheap to me when I read it (i.e. they didn't want to pay for another meal), sounds like it might be the case. Thanks for the head's up about the costumes, too.

You don't have to tell us what they were, but were there any good surprises on the trip?

I'm really hoping this ABD blows me away. The add-on itineraries seem to be lacking quite a bit when compared to the regular ABDs, and I hope that isn't the case.

You don't have to tell us what they were, but were there any good surprises on the trip?

There weren't any surprises on the trip. What kind of surprises does ABD usually have?

I do agree with evilipoo, we did spend a lot of time at lunch. Did we ever sit by you at lunch, evilipoo? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter