Any info on POP?

Marytinkerbell

Earning My Ears
We haven't been to Disney World since 2008. Staying at POP. Me, hubby 2 daughters and each bringing a friend. 2 17 year olds & 2 15 year olds. Yes we have booked adjoining rooms. Leaving next week. Anything we need to know? Can't wait!!:cool1::cool1:

Petals is the Pool bar right near the main pool. Say hi to Jonny, Gordo, Dee, and Bobby. Have a great time, walk over the bridge and take a walk around Disney's newest resort, Art of Animation. Pop is a great resort and we stay there every year for 12 days on average.

Have a great time!!!

Marytinkerbell said:
We haven't been to Disney World since 2008. Staying at POP. Me, hubby 2 daughters and each bringing a friend. 2 17 year olds & 2 15 year olds. Yes we have booked adjoining rooms. Leaving next week. Anything we need to know? Can't wait!!:cool1::cool1:

Depending on when next week you leave, we may be there at the same time. We leave next Saturday for 12 days. I will be there with 17 y.o. DD as well! We are celebrating her H.S. graduation!!

We Love POP!! This will be my 4th stay there just this year. Looking forward to having younger DD with me this time. Last 3 times have been more or less solo trips to bring older DD down to work for Disney and then to visit her while she has been working. This will be a nice change! :)

the Pop Century is my Favorite Value Resort especially now since it has the perk of you being able to walk over the Bridge and check out the Newest Resort Art Of Animation every time i stay there i make sure to have one full day just for the resort and just walk around both Resorts and jump into the pool at Pop

Thank you all! Can't wait till we leave. I'm so ready for this vacation!! It sounds like POP is going to be great!

Well, first of all, adjoining rooms means no door inside the two rooms. You might want connecting rooms. Adjoining means rooms sides by side with outside doors.

Second, you didn't "book" adjoining rooms. You requested them. They are not guaranteed so prepare yourself for that. With the ages you supplied, I think the teenagers will be able to handle a separation should that happen. I would hold out for room as near to each other as possible - you might have to wait for rooms to be available.

Other than that, Pop Century is our favorite resort - you will have a great time and even though you can't use the Art of Animation pools, you get two resorts in one.

Thanks for info. We called and added dining tonight and asked for connecting rooms. Of course we thought it was adjoining. I think we will do online check in and verify rooms. I hope out vacation goes by slow. I really want to enjoy this! I hope the weather is good. Just had severe storms here tonight, several tornadoes also. Everyone have a wonderful evening!

Thanks for info. We called and added dining tonight and asked for connecting rooms. Of course we thought it was adjoining. I think we will do online check in and verify rooms. I hope out vacation goes by slow. I really want to enjoy this! I hope the weather is good. Just had severe storms here tonight, several tornadoes also. Everyone have a wonderful evening!

Another warning - you don't "verify" rooms by doing online check in and I would advise you NOT to do this. Online check in just means once you get there, you should be handed your packet, get your room assignment (if ready) and leave. Your contact with the front desk Cast Member should be limited.

Since you really want/need connecting rooms, check in the regular way. If you don't have connecting rooms, the Cast Member can spend time with you to find the requested rooms. And it's easier if you don't have any other requests (like specific floor or building) to get connecting rooms.

I usually will do online check in because I have no requests. But the one time I did - four rooms with one of the being handicapped accessible and on the first floor - I did the regular check in just in case something went wrong.

We are leaving this week too! This is our 7th time at Pop and we always enjoy it. Have a great time!:cool1:

We learnt the hard way that adjoining rooms and connecting rooms are different things. We requested adjoin rooms and were given them at check in; but that just meant that we shared the back wall of our two room and they were on opposite sides of the building. So when you get to check in make sure you tell them connecting rooms.
Good luck!

Marytinkerbell said:
Leaving tonight! 16 hr drive. Ugh, but worth it!! Can't wait!

Safe Travels!!
God Bless You!! LOL!
16 hours in a vehicle w/ 4 teenage girls!! WOW!! I could NEVER do that! I'd be pulling my hair out on an airplane with 4 teens those ages. (Not really, but I could never handle the car ride, that I do know!) ;)

Might see you around the resort this weekend! We check in on Saturday for 12 days to celebrate DD's graduation from High School!! Woo Hoo!!

I love Pop Century. You will have a great time, enjoy every minute! I will be there in 10 days!!!:goodvibes

Online check in just means once you get there, you should be handed your packet, get your room assignment (if ready) and leave. Your contact with the front desk Cast Member should be limited.

Is this true or is this a case of people confusing what they believe a service _should_ be with what it actually is?

I'm new to this whole Disney thing (having only been to there once recently) That being said, it was my understanding that "check in" consists of three parts:

- Gathering information
- Assembling your packet
- Asking any questions

Online check-in reduces the first two steps as they are completed before you arrive. That's where contact is "limited". That _doesn't_ mean you can't ask questions and make requests. The Disney FAQ on online check-in supports this position:

Q: What are the benefits of Online Check-In?
A: "... Don’t worry—a Disney Cast Member will still be there to greet you and answer your questions."

I have no problem being wrong on this, but nothing I have read from Disney would lead me to the expectation that a CM would be restricted from helping me due to my choice of online check-in.

It is true, but it means limited as in briefer. It doesn't mean they're not going to assist you. On line check in is meant to speed things up, and most of the time it does.

Whether you do online check in or not, you've already been assigned to a room at least a few days prior to checking in. So if you have any room requests they should always be made ahead of time. Now I have it from a fairly reliable source that the resort is not super busy this weekend. Why do I say this? Because my daughter is a CM and we are getting the CM discount on our room and in order to get that she has to go to the resort and show her cast ID to them no EARLIER than 10 days before we arrive. So unless their bookings have skyrocketed in the last couple of days, well...
She talked to an actual room assigner very recently to see if our requests were honored, which they were not...and she inquired as to being moved. That's when she was told it shouldn't be an issue because the occupancy wasn't very high at all. They weren't sure why our requests weren't honored?? So that is how I know. This was an actual room assigner, a real live person at the hotel...not someone over a phoneline at a call center. So since they are PHYSICALLY there ONSITE assigning rooms to guests I'd say I think she has a pretty good idea of how busy they are (or are not in this case!)
Hopefully you will be able to easily switch to connecting rooms if you weren't in them already. But more of the rooms at POP are not connecting than are. Good Luck getting your Rooms!!! :)

Is this true or is this a case of people confusing what they believe a service _should_ be with what it actually is?

I'm new to this whole Disney thing (having only been to there once recently) That being said, it was my understanding that "check in" consists of three parts:

- Gathering information
- Assembling your packet
- Asking any questions

Online check-in reduces the first two steps as they are completed before you arrive. That's where contact is "limited". That _doesn't_ mean you can't ask questions and make requests. The Disney FAQ on online check-in supports this position:

Q: What are the benefits of Online Check-In?
A: "... Don’t worry—a Disney Cast Member will still be there to greet you and answer your questions."

I have no problem being wrong on this, but nothing I have read from Disney would lead me to the expectation that a CM would be restricted from helping me due to my choice of online check-in.

Everything you stated above is true and accurate. I have been saying for a couple years now I wish Disney would change what they call the process from online check-in to online pre-registration because that is ALL you are doing. You still have to physically check-in. Which means you still get to talk to a CM, ask any questions and IF your room assignment does not work for your needs you can ask if there's any other room available that may be better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter