Any inexpensive lodging on Prince Edward Island

swilshire

DIS Veteran
There are apparently no Marriotts or Hiltons where I could use points.

Hotwire has only one resort.

Priceline only goes up to 2 star. I bid, but it made me nervous, and was rejected.

We only need two nights and it's mid-June, before the season.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Sheila

Also ... I've been trying Priceline for rooms at 4 stars in Halifax (Husband and Wife night out without the kids) ... with no luck. Ended up using Hotwire ... which really paid off. I looked at Hotwire for PEI and there wasnt anything other than a 2.5 star for $119 plus taxes ....

Hotels.com might be a place to look also ... the prices don't look great but there is a wider selection.

Did you try expedia.ca?

Try posting on the Canadian Boards. That would make more sense then this forum.

My husband & I went to PEI last summer & stayed in B&Bs mostly. They were really comfortable & included a great breakfast. Most were about $100 a night Canadian...which isn't exactly cheap, but was typically the best rate we could find. It's a tourist trap island...so everything is expensive, but it is absolutely beautiful! We drove around 3/4 of the island doing a self guided lighthouse tour, walked on the "singing sands" beach, watched a movie at a drive in, went to an Irish Ceilidh (Great fiddling, singing & dancing), walked down a mile long pier through gorgeous sand dunes...so much to do that I had never experienced before...awesome trip. Good luck finding great places to stay!

There are apparently no Marriotts or Hiltons where I could use points.

Hotwire has only one resort.

Priceline only goes up to 2 star. I bid, but it made me nervous, and was rejected.

We only need two nights and it's mid-June, before the season.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Sheila

What are you looking for? Motel/hotel? Area? Beach? Capital? B&B?

There are lots of options of all different ratings and types and with the time you would like to come you may be able to get a better deal. In general, tourism doesn't get busy until July but many places have their seasonal prices starting mid-June.

I am an islander born and raised still living here. If you could give me some more info then I should be able to give you some suggestions.

Just read the PP and wanted to add that PEI doesn't have to feel like a tourist trap if you know where to go and what to do. Like many places there is a lot of hype about several things and many great features are overlooked.

Sandra :)

So we go once a year as we live 3 1/2 hrs from the island. Middle of June is great as everything is half price because off shoulder season. We always cottage it....so the place we stay is swept away cottages (just look up swept away cottages, PEI). Its right in Cavendish, 3 bedroom cottage...I think its around 100/night at this time.
Louise

It's my lifelong dream to visit PEI (LM Montgomery being my favorite author of all time), so all this info is so useful! I'd love to hear a trip report when you return...

Terri

We stayed in a B and B. Their are many and because the island is small location is not too important. Ours was $85 CA a night, we had our own bathroom and had the most lovely breakfast every morning( and with a 16% percent meal tax on all the meals we ate out this was well appreciated). We were free to come and go as we pleased and it was one of the best hotel stays of my life. Our innkeepers moved and the new owners are just going to live there so I can't recommend the exact place we stayed but try Windsong Farm B and B, They had been my first choice but were full. It is a charming old house and will help you get the feel of the island. Have a fun trip this was one of the best vacations We have taken.

Hi there...glad to hear you're going to be viisting here in the Maritimes!

There are many options available to you. Below is a link to the official tourist guide which has lots of info. As far as getting a better price, I would suggest sending an email, or making a call to see if there's any chance for some sort of discount. Don't forget to mention if you have AAA.

Good luck with your search. If you have anymore questions just ask.

http://www.tourismpei.com/index.php3

What are you looking for? Motel/hotel? Area? Beach? Capital? B&B?

There are lots of options of all different ratings and types and with the time you would like to come you may be able to get a better deal. In general, tourism doesn't get busy until July but many places have their seasonal prices starting mid-June.

We're only going to be able to stay two nights because we're on the way to a week on Nova Scotia. Looks like my timing may be good. One recommended place goes up on the rates the day after we leave.

With four of us, we might need two rooms, which really ups the price.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I keep following the leads.

Sheila

From Travelzoo Canada:
The Rodd Brudenell River, a Rodd Signature Resort, is the perfect oasis for a relaxing getaway. Rates for peak season travel have been cut to only $99 per night -- that's a huge savings of 55% on regular rates.

This offer is available on the following dates:

May 17-30
June 1-15, 17-20, 26-30
July 1-10, 15-17, 22-25, 27-31
Aug. 1-5, 8-14, 18-31
Sept. 1-10, 12-17
Take time to explore the island, enjoy water sports, relax at the on-site spa or golf. Prince Edward Island is known as a golfer's paradise and the Rodd Brudenell River doesn't disappoint: Tee up at a championship like Brudenell River Golf Course or PEI Dundarave Golf Course.

Book by May 19: Click here to book online. Or, call 1-800-463-4PEI (4734) and mention this offer as seen on Travelzoo.ca to book by phone.

Thanks for that lead. Looks like a great deal. I had narrowed it down to three other places, but this one is probably even better for about the same price.

Thank you, thank you.

Sheila

We stayed for a week on PEI. Stayed at the Kindred Spirits B&B. Clean and nice accomadations. We rented a convertable and enjoyed the sights all week long. Absolutely beautiful and green. DH took me there because he knew I loved Anne of Green Gables. Now that's a real man!;)

We stayed for a week on PEI. Stayed at the Kindred Spirits B&B. Clean and nice accomadations. We rented a convertable and enjoyed the sights all week long. Absolutely beautiful and green. DH took me there because he knew I loved Anne of Green Gables. Now that's a real man!;)

I want to take my grandmother to PEI so BAD!!!!!! We ALL really want to go, and there's probably around 10 of us all together.

:upsidedow

We stayed in a B and B. Their are many and because the island is small location is not too important. Ours was $85 CA a night, we had our own bathroom and had the most lovely breakfast every morning( and with a 16% percent meal tax on all the meals we ate out this was well appreciated). We were free to come and go as we pleased and it was one of the best hotel stays of my life. Our innkeepers moved and the new owners are just going to live there so I can't recommend the exact place we stayed but try Windsong Farm B and B, They had been my first choice but were full. It is a charming old house and will help you get the feel of the island. Have a fun trip this was one of the best vacations We have taken.

:lovestruc Small world; my cousins both worked at this place when they were teens; the B&B is located near land my uncle owns!

OP; since you said you're only staying 2 nights, you probably want a fairly central, "accessible to the highlights", location. Windsong Farm is located in Brackley Beach, which in my opinion is perfect. This B&B is located approximately equal driving time from Charlottetown and Cavendish (~20 minutes to each). If you want a motel instead, the North Winds is a good place. There is lots of space for kids to play, or to just walk around. There's also a beautiful National Park beach nearby, and I don't believe they charge admission the time of year you'll be there (it will be too cold for swimming, but perfect for a nice beach walk!):thumbsup2.

Rodd Brudenell River is a gorgeous location, if you do end up staying there. It's not as close to the "highlights" parts of the Island as the other places I mentioned, but keep in mind that driving times between cities/towns/villages are relatively short in PEI. As a comparision, driving around the perimeter of the island takes 4-5 hours, so having to drive an hour from your hotel to see the Anne of Green Gables House might not seem so bad :).

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions; I worked in Visitor Information for 4 years in PEI, and practically my entire extended family still lives there. We go over to our cottage there several times a year; the time of year you are visiting is going to be beautiful :lovestruc. Have a great trip!

I just had to add this is one of my absolutely favorite places. I spent my summers on the island in Stanley Bridge with my grandparents. I would like to take my kids, but we have yet to plan anything.

Decided on the Dreams to Sea Cottages. The photos of all the wood in the cottages made it one of our top choices and we'll have two bedrooms. We could have gotten by sharing one room for only two nights, but this will be much more convenient.

Hope it was a good choice.

Sheila

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter