Any incentives to waiting until we're in Disney before buying DVC?

disneyfan2kids

DisneyFan3Kids now, but I can't change my name.
Scheduled to be there soon, we're thinking of purchasing DVC (for future - after this trip). Any advantage to waiting until we tour in Disney to purchase?

Also - how long (guessing) would you say the $1500 incentive to purchase will stay? Is it the norm that the "incentive" is their until sold out?

Curious...

disneyfan2kids said:
Scheduled to be there soon, we're thinking of purchasing DVC (for future - after this trip). Any advantage to waiting until we tour in Disney to purchase?

Also - how long (guessing) would you say the $1500 incentive to purchase will stay? Is it the norm that the "incentive" is their until sold out?

Curious...

You can do the entire presentation by calling DVC (they have an online presentation that they can show you). They offer the same incentives, but let you do everything from home.

Maybe you could even use your points for the upcoming trip.

The incentives and prices can change at any time, so it may save you some money.

Until reading this post, I had forgotten that DVC gave us two $15 gift cards for gifts or food at WDW. I think we got the gift cards because we took the tour on our last day at Disney and could not use the fast pass card. That was back in early June and we hadn't bought anything durng the tour.

They don't offer up alot of special incentives like almost all other timeshare presentations/tour. If you are going to buy, just do it now and save your precious vacation time for .......well, vacation.

We did our purchase completely over the phone with Bernard. During one of our many question and answer phone calls, I asked him if we were missing out on any incentives by purchasing over the phone instead of taking the tour. He explained to me that the current incentive at the time for taking the tour was two FastPasses. He said if we stopped in to see him during our first stay at SSR, he'd be happy to give them to us then. (Which he did.)

We were completely comfortable purchasing over the phone. We actually purchased at SSR site unseen. We'd looked through the pictures online, were familiar with the location, and were certain it would be up to the standards of our other stays at other Disney deluxe accomodations. We weren't at all disappointed during our first time home. SSR was everything we expected.

BirdsOfPreyDave said:
We did our purchase completely over the phone with Bernard. During one of our many question and answer phone calls, I asked him if we were missing out on any incentives by purchasing over the phone instead of taking the tour. He explained to me that the current incentive at the time for taking the tour was two FastPasses. He said if we stopped in to see him during our first stay at SSR, he'd be happy to give them to us then. (Which he did.)

We were completely comfortable purchasing over the phone. We actually purchased at SSR site unseen. We'd looked through the pictures online, were familiar with the location, and were certain it would be up to the standards of our other stays at other Disney deluxe accomodations. We weren't at all disappointed during our first time home. SSR was everything we expected.

*off topic* but just wanted to say hello from the other side of the tunnel! (Norfolk)

vascubaguy said:
*off topic* but just wanted to say hello from the other side of the tunnel! (Norfolk)

(OT) but also saying hello from the 3rd side of the tunnel (Suffolk)

:)

Have you considered a resale? If you don't need financing or if you have your own (like a Home Equity Loan) you'll save money buying a resale and you have your choice of resorts.

I think I remember DVC saying something about "saving starting this trip" when we were watching the TV at the resorts. The long and the short of it was that they would subtract the amount of your hotel accomodations from that trip from the purchase price of DVC. I think the intent was to try and get folks to purchase during their visit....are they still doing this?? It could save you some $$$ as well.

We got lunch vouchers for touring SSR. A couple of months later we purchased at BWV. Oh, and some ice cream.

Last couple of trips, we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and there was a card on the nightstand with a $100 gift card offer for touring SSR. We've been considering DVC for 3 years and really regret not having toured and bought 3 years ago. We finally toured and purchased when we were there a couple of weeks ago. Got the $100 WDW gift card (applied it to our room purchases at the front desk), 3 fastpasses each, and ice cream.

We got fast passes but only one worked. They also gave us ice cream and and a break on a hot day. It was fun and my family isn't into spending every moment in the park so we welcomed the break. I would have loved the $100 gift card offer and as a matter of fact this is the only time share presentation that I've been to that didn't give you some type of tangible reward.... But we are have owners none the less!!!

javaj said:
Last couple of trips, we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and there was a card on the nightstand with a $100 gift card offer for touring SSR. We've been considering DVC for 3 years and really regret not having toured and bought 3 years ago. We finally toured and purchased when we were there a couple of weeks ago. Got the $100 WDW gift card (applied it to our room purchases at the front desk), 3 fastpasses each, and ice cream.

Seems like people have gotten everything from a single scoop of ice cream, lunch, fast passes, to $100 gift cards. We are going in November with the intent to purchase. Do you think it's rude of me to mention the $100 gift card? My DH isn't the type to ask but I may "casually" mention a "friend" received a gift card for touring...do you think this is rude of me? I am a big chicken so I will probably worry about asking the whole presentation and not pay attention!! But after all, it isn't the guides money! Right?

If you're staying at the WL, then you should have that offer in your room. We had it during our February trip and our August/Sept trip. Look for a white square card about 6" X 6", it opens up and offers the $100 WDW gift card (which we got in 2 $50 gift certificates) for the tour. Make sure to mention the offer when you are making an appointment to tour.

BlakeNJ said:
Seems like people have gotten everything from a single scoop of ice cream, lunch, fast passes, to $100 gift cards. We are going in November with the intent to purchase. Do you think it's rude of me to mention the $100 gift card? My DH isn't the type to ask but I may "casually" mention a "friend" received a gift card for touring...do you think this is rude of me? I am a big chicken so I will probably worry about asking the whole presentation and not pay attention!! But after all, it isn't the guides money! Right?

javaj said:
If you're staying at the WL, then you should have that offer in your room. We had it during our February trip and our August/Sept trip. Look for a white square card about 6" X 6", it opens up and offers the $100 WDW gift card (which we got in 2 $50 gift certificates) for the tour. Make sure to mention the offer when you are making an appointment to tour.

Ah, I get it. It's an "offer" that is left in the room--redemable when you take the tour. Ok. When I make the appointment with my guide, I'll mention a "friend" who received the offer in September. Thanks for the info!!

Blakely

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter