Any ideas to incorporate Chicken Nuggets into a meal?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by rszdtrvl, Jun 12, 2010.

1. rszdtrvl

rszdtrvl DIS Veteran

I have 2 large bags of chicken nuggets. However, DH does not like them as they taste "too processed".

He did say that if I could incorporate them into a main dish that he would try it though.

Does anyone have any meal ideas that would take chicken nuggets? Or could take chicken nuggets?

If nothing else, I will see if a local food bank could take them (however they are frozen, and I don't know if they would take them) and not buy them again for a long time.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. fiveforall

fiveforall DIS Veteran

You could make sesame chicken, orange chicken, or sweet and sour chicken. Last week, I stirfried some brocolli, added chicken nuggets and chili sauce. Served it over rice and it was really good.

4. phorsenuf

phorsenuf Not so New Rule author

Put them on a sub roll with spaghetti sauce and provolone cheese.

5. kathie859

kathie859 DIS Veteran

1) add them to pasta sauce, serve over pasta, topped with mozzarella and/or parmesan and call it "Italian Chicken".

2) string 4-6 nuggets on a kabob; cook and sauce with sweet/sour sauce and serve over rice with stir fried veggies on the side...call it "Oriental Delight".

3) how about chicken tacos? Used cooked nuggets (sliced in half for ease of handling if need be) top with a serious dose of salsa, cheese, sour cream, finely shredded lettuce, diced tomato. "Pollo Mexicano":banana:

6. Green Tea

Green Tea <font color=green>I don't do hatchets<br><font col

Cut up and serve on top of you favorite garden salad. That's pretty much what you get at Applebees or the like.

7. jenlynn0808

jenlynn0808 DIS Veteran

this is our take on a National Coney Island Hanni...

open pita, put mayo on the pita, layer warm nuggets, cheese (we like American & provolone- a little melty :thumbsup2), lettuce and tomato, roll the pita-like a fajita

8. cassandrap83

cassandrap83 Only 3hrs from the Magic :)

Make a buffalo chicken or garlic chicken pizza

9. bitty246

bitty246 Compulsive lurker since 2008

You could make mashed potatoes and some gravy.. add corn and shredded cheese. Toss it in a bowl, and voila! Like the mashed potato bowls from KFC!

10. squirrel

squirrel DIS Veteran<font color=deeppink>

Wraps

Cook the nuggets and add cheese, lettuce, veg (tomato, olives, onion, etc) dressing if you like. Wrap in tortilla. If you microwave the tortilla for 20 sec it will hold it shape better once you fill it.