Any ideas, help needed!

nicolemm

Earning My Ears
So, we are thinking of going to Disney and getting married this January. Nothing fancy! For years, I was a wedding planner. We have done everything backwards in our relationship, we already have 2 kids and just finished rebuilding our house. After years of wedding planning for other people, I would never put myself (or family) through it, LOL! I know we will have at least 30 people that will come and I am looking for fun and different, not to save money. I don't mind paying for something if it is worth it. However, my family and friends always expect something more from us when we entertain, because of my past as a planner.

I am thinking a ceremony, a meal, not a reception, nothing formal, but something special and different!

Any ideas or what others have done would be so apppreciated! Thanks!

something different I think would be an EPCOT ceremony or reception. Last year we were planning an evening outdoor reception in EPCOT at the French Island patio and we would have been out there for dinner and Illuminations. Lurkyloo had a beautiful ceremony in Morocco earlier this year.

Or Janet 2k had the reception in the Great Movie Ride that looked like a blast!

something different I think would be an EPCOT ceremony or reception. Last year we were planning an evening outdoor reception in EPCOT at the French Island patio and we would have been out there for dinner and Illuminations. Lurkyloo had a beautiful ceremony in Morocco earlier this year.

:hug:

We didn't want a traditional reception either, so we had brunch at the Attic. Then we took a nap break and got back together for an IlluminNations dessert party.

Here's a link to my trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1726902

We had an in-park ceremony, but if you want something really different, an in-park reception like Janet2K's Great Movie Ride dinner and Sorcerer Mickey Hat dance party would knock their socks off!

Also, ChipsCinderelly had a dessert party at Fantasmic!, took her guests on Rock'n Roller Coaster, and then had a reception in the Muppets Courtyard.

One couple got married inside the (now shuttered) Narnia exhibit at DHS. Or you could do a morning ceremony in the Magic Kingdom followed by a Couture reception at the Contemporary (if money is no object...)

If you can dream it up, Disney can pull it off :thumbsup2

Ok, we didn't do anything nearly as lavish as the above couples. But we did have dinner at Ohana's with 25 people and were able to see Wishes right before we ate.
We closed Ohana's that night and it was a ton of fun. Good food and Good drinks.
The next day we all met up at MGM and got a picture of everyone riding the TOT together.
THose are my good memories. Oh, and the ceremony too! haha

Nicolemm,

I understand exactly where you are coming from. My DF and I had our children together before marriage as well. We also got our home together before marriage. We're having an Escape wedding on Dec 1, 2008 at 5pm at Sea Breeze Point. We're then having dinner at Shula's steakhouse in one of their private rooms. We wanted somewhere where are kids could have free reign, considering they will be almost four and our twins will be two. We're debating a dessert party at Epcot, but not sure yet. Good luck and have fun!

Nicolemm,

I understand exactly where you are coming from. My DF and I had our children together before marriage as well. We also got our home together before marriage. We're having an Escape wedding on Dec 1, 2008 at 5pm at Sea Breeze Point. We're then having dinner at Shula's steakhouse in one of their private rooms. We wanted somewhere where are kids could have free reign, considering they will be almost four and our twins will be two. We're debating a dessert party at Epcot, but not sure yet. Good luck and have fun!

I talked to them today and the Escape Wedding sounds great, I just don't know if I can keep it under 18 people. I hope I can, I am actually hoping that people don't want to come!

Best Wishes to you and I would love to hear about it when you get back! Congrats!

Ok, we didn't do anything nearly as lavish as the above couples. But we did have dinner at Ohana's with 25 people and were able to see Wishes right before we ate.
We closed Ohana's that night and it was a ton of fun. Good food and Good drinks.
The next day we all met up at MGM and got a picture of everyone riding the TOT together.
THose are my good memories. Oh, and the ceremony too! haha

Thats sound great, definately on the lines of what I am thinking! I don't want anything that resembles a reception! We thought about taking everyone to the Luau, but there is a time limit on that. Ohana's would be fun!

I talked to them today and the Escape Wedding sounds great, I just don't know if I can keep it under 18 people. I hope I can, I am actually hoping that people don't want to come!

Best Wishes to you and I would love to hear about it when you get back! Congrats!

It is sooo hard to keep it under 18. We just didn't feel like a hiuge wedding was for us after kids, so it's basically family and like 3 friends. Luckily we both have small families or we'd have been screwed. :scared1: It's seems to me though that the Wishes minimum on non-weekends ends of being the same you pay for an Escape wedding and all the extras you want. :confused3 Does that make sense? So, if you have the people wanting to go and it's not like a super large amount... go for it! It'll be tons of fun no matter what!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter